blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The partypoker Grand Prix Million @ DTD $1m GTD
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The partypoker Grand Prix Million @ DTD $1m GTD  (Read 58309 times)
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »

There a facebook page all about the updates as also gone very quiet aswell  people asking questions and not getting answer's it a shame

dealing with 500+ players at the club all wanting to register, enter day 2's etc has to take priority, yes?

Under stand what your saying but yesterday there was 2/3 people just dealing with the online part face book and things there a bloke trying to reg for day two on there Facebook page and it not letting him he now been trying 3 hours he phoned the club sent email and still no joy
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »

I was told 12.5% of the field will be paid.

Think it only 10% not 12.5 not 100% sure
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2015, 07:28:29 PM »

There a facebook page all about the updates as also gone very quiet aswell  people asking questions and not getting answer's it a shame

dealing with 500+ players at the club all wanting to register, enter day 2's etc has to take priority, yes?

Under stand what your saying but yesterday there was 2/3 people just dealing with the online part face book and things there a bloke trying to reg for day two on there Facebook page and it not letting him he now been trying 3 hours he phoned the club sent email and still no joy

well he could always register on here, post and let me try to sort it or find an answer. i'm slightly less busy than nicola and team! :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2015, 07:37:43 PM »

Is it a case that it has become overly complicated and people have too many options?
 Just taking a look at the sheet with all the sats/qualifying tournies is a headaches.
 People have too much choice and runners get spread too thin.
 It probably is too many levels/commitment for the buyin. People have other things to do on a bank hol weekend then spend it all playing poker.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »

I think some people have forgotten what poker is about or meant to be.
Yes winning money is nice but it should be the icing on the cake. Playing poker should be fun and enjoyable. So yes playing day 1 for 9 hrs. Potentially playing Day 2 for 8hrs. Potentially playing Day 3 for 8 or 9 hrs might seem like a ball ache but it isn't. Your talking about 3 days of poker for an £80 outlay. You cant knock that.

I have my own opinions about why this Grand Prix has disappointed DTD in terms of turn out but this is not really the place for that discussion.

My biggest problem is the payout structure, or Lack of it. How on earth can people start a Money Bubble Bursting session without full facts and figures? Unheard of at this level.
We're talking about a $1 000 000 prize pool without a set payout structure.

iv browsed this thread for answers but found none. an unconfirmed report is 66% of todays field paid. todays field is looking to be bigger than tomorrow. so even if it is the same which is a huge doubt that's going to be just under 400 players paid. out of a possible 8k runners?Huh?

this is why the payout structure should be available for viewing.

The Grand Prix has been a huge success in the past. The guarantee is obviously hugely challenging but the appeal of winning 20-30k for playing two days of poker I think is a big factor as to why the 1 milly hasn't been met but then again it's still the bigges gte ever so I may be wrong. My thoughts have just come from a few recs I've spoken to who said they just didn't wanna play for that amount of time.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

Is it a case that it has become overly complicated and people have too many options?
 Just taking a look at the sheet with all the sats/qualifying tournies is a headaches.
 It probably is too many levels/commitment for the buyin. People have other things to do on a bank hol weekend then spend it all playing poker.

Having it while SCOOP is going on is a massive factor too.

It might only have stopped 200 odd players participating, but they are the ones who were likely to throw 10 or more bullets at it.

I played yesterday which was been the busiest day probably, and I knew less then 10 players.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2015, 09:05:52 PM »

He now sorted it thanks
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »

the payout was set at 66% of todays players...simon said 199th was the bubble from 350 odd players...there was a bit of chat on my table about the low number of paid runners

general feeling was if there were 7000 entries (over the 2 days) then 700 payouts would be about right.... it was based on unique entries though (thoughts that a paid entry was a paid entry)...especially as the grand prixs are aimed at recreational players.

As usual impecibly run and massive shame it will be so overlaid

For those that didnt turn up due to a short stack...a 56k stack on my table blinded out after 30 minutes...i would estimate 400-500k and you might have just blinded in to the money...it was very fast and furious  Grin
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »

100 left in day2 today and my mate has got $800 locked up bubble burst on 199 players

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2015, 01:53:12 AM »

Having it while SCOOP is going on is a massive factor too.

It might only have stopped 200 odd players participating, but they are the ones who were likely to throw 10 or more bullets at it.

I played yesterday which was been the busiest day probably, and I knew less then 10 players.

Yeah, excellent point, hadn't even thought about scoop
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

It paid 206 yesterday. The hand for hand lasted over an hour and a half which was excruciating as they started it with about 215 players left in. But I guess we have timebanking short stacks to blame for that. My only criticism of the day was that it was very hot inside, which was alleviated somewhat when the doors were wedged open.

I met lots of players yesterday who were quite inexperienced playing live at this level of buyin and they had a fantastic time, which was great to see.

As for the strange moanings of 'not wanting to play all BH w/e'. Well just play the online evening day 1s and then the live . If you get through to then you've a good shot at a huge score!

I found the plethora of options of online/live a great mix of flexibility and allowing people to take multiple shots (my mate's up here and done about 12 D1 bullets so far!).
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

Also, despite all the overlay on satellites/main event, DTD are still throwing out the offers-if you play live and online D1 today at the same time you will be entered into a draw for a $6k(?) Vegas package. A fantastic offer since I saw very few people doing this yesterday and their WiFi was no good when I tried it.

Well done Rob and team for having the balls and ambition to once again push the boundaries by running a ground-breaking event-many people really do appreciate the effort and risk that has gone into organizing this. People that missed this (especially when overlay was mooted) need their heads examined!
ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2015, 10:07:10 AM »

It paid 206 yesterday. The hand for hand lasted over an hour and a half which was excruciating as they started it with about 215 players left in. But I guess we have timebanking short stacks to blame for that. My only criticism of the day was that it was very hot inside, which was alleviated somewhat when the doors were wedged open.

I met lots of players yesterday who were quite inexperienced playing live at this level of buyin and they had a fantastic time, which was great to see.

As for the strange moanings of 'not wanting to play all BH w/e'. Well just play the online evening day 1s and then the live . If you get through to then you've a good shot at a huge score!

I found the plethora of options of online/live a great mix of flexibility and allowing people to take multiple shots (my mate's up here and done about 12 D1 bullets so far!).

''As for the strange moanings of 'not wanting to play all BH w/e'. Well just play the online evening day 1s and then the live . If you get through to then you've a good shot at a huge score''

My sentiments exactly!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »

Going into the last 10am Live and 10am Online flights around $350,000 being added

late reg 12.10pm online and 12.50pm live....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
shmeigle

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »

Going into the last 10am Live and 10am Online flights around $350,000 being added

late reg 12.10pm online and 12.50pm live....

344 from yesterday and 384 showing for today already. so with 2 flights left or ongoing its looking like a 200k overlay

Its Hold'em NOT Fold'em
Simplez
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: