blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Coaching by Blonde members
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coaching by Blonde members  (Read 1478 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »

Hi Blondes
Played the Friday dtd £100 day 1 also met up with a couple of blonde members who I will be seeing on Sunday as we made it to day 2.

Whilst having a dead run of cards for 2 levels I spent my time monitoring my tables players and trying to gather some information about them.

Two had been professional for 5 years but had gone back to getting jobs outside of poker, the third professional had just come 3rd in an ept event for a six figure sum the remaining six players including myself were recreational players.

There was a lot of banter from the pros about people that had coached them and the various charges these coaches made and how good/bad they were.

I am interested to know if any there are any Blondes who have made videos or offer coaching guidance for those recreational players who know there never going to make it to the top of the tree but they just want to improve their game and get a better understanding of how they can do this.

I would think there must be a good range of knowledge from both the pro and rec blonde members who could maybe do some short videos explaining how they see the game been played.

For professional poker players to earn a good living they need happy recreational players so I am thinking that say a blonde member/s who have taken that step from rec to pro would make some good constructive vids.
Or perhaps its already out there and maybe it could have its own title page on the forum.

Cheers
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »

bumped for Mke

any feedback for him?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:04:48 AM »

Would say that for the majority of recs coaching is far too expensive to ever be worthwhile.

On the flipside, if coaching was provided by a blonde, they are likely to be a far better coach than a lot that are out there. Been so many stories of terrible coaches ripping off their clients in the poker world.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »

One of those situations imo where you are far better off with a good teacher that plays poker well than a great poker player that teaches poorly.

I've seen great poker players just shout their point louder if a student fails to get it and I've seen good teachers just tune into the student's wavelength and present the same idea from a different perspective in order to allow the penny to drop.

So finding someone that will discuss poker and then pick up on any flaws in your thought process(es) should be a pretty good way to start, eliminating fuzzy logic and outright mistakes from a flawed approach.  Once the game is at a stage where you understand how to pace things (for mtts and sngs, not so much for cash obv), you are able to think through the streets before you get there (and are therefore able to influence opponent action to suit) and are aware of some mathematical crimes that just can't be ignored, you are probably a decent recreational player.  At that point, you could switch to the expensive guys if you still wanted to study in depth more than that.

That still doesn't help identify who to start off with, just an idea of approach rather than just getting coaching from someone that happened to win something recently.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »

There are a bunch of videos already out there on the internet, I'm not sure any blonde apart from Pleno has any online though. Plenty of PHA analysis has gone on previously, should find some good info there. Its a bit quiet at the moment but people still try to answer any questions/hands people have.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »

Gotta love blonde PHA. It is a really good read and will make you think about certain decisions in a different way.

I wonder how many 50 pences would be in the pot now?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: