blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:47:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  A worse sporting administration decision than...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A worse sporting administration decision than...  (Read 2922 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »

Qatar 2022

A nation of 1.8m people, mostly expats

Oppressive labour laws

If World Cup was held across Middle East, with view to developing the game there, that could have great benefits.

Qatar2022 isn't about that

if anyone honestly thinks those Fifa ExCo members who voted for Qatar 2022 did so for altruistic reasons..............

Fifa's pre-2022 World Cup vote report said that "summer" Qatar would be risky is now taken seriously. Only 4.5 yrs after vote taken.

we now have a winter world cup

name me a worse sporting administration decision than handing the 2022 world cup to Qatar?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:41:02 AM »

Revoting Sepp Blatter in last time round? lol
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »

Whoever commissioned this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5VT_u3Lb4
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »

The FIA in formula one is pretty terrible, giving Bernie a few billion £s instead of keeping it in the sport.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »

Whoever allowed the crazy swimswuits that meant every world record got broken for a couple of years then they banned them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZR_Racer

The LZR Racer was responsible for winning 94 per cent of all races in Beijing and a massive 89 per cent of all medals, while the winner of every men’s event wore the suit.

But more was to come at the 2009 World Aquatics Championships, dubbed the “Plastic Games”, where an incredible 43 world records were set as other manufacturers caught up with Speedo and put their equivalents to the LZR Racer on the market.

A decent chunk of the mens records are unbroken, the women seem to have got past it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_swimming

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »

Whoever allowed the crazy swimswuits that meant every world record got broken for a couple of years then they banned them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZR_Racer

The LZR Racer was responsible for winning 94 per cent of all races in Beijing and a massive 89 per cent of all medals, while the winner of every men’s event wore the suit.

But more was to come at the 2009 World Aquatics Championships, dubbed the “Plastic Games”, where an incredible 43 world records were set as other manufacturers caught up with Speedo and put their equivalents to the LZR Racer on the market.

A decent chunk of the mens records are unbroken, the women seem to have got past it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_swimming

That's a bit difficult though - they were only launched 6 months before the Olympics. World Records got broken as soon as people wore it - but they were swimmers who were just ready to peak for the Olympics, so I think it would have been a bit of a jump to foresee from the early results just how dominant it was going to be and pre-emptively ban it.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »

I find it really hard to comprehend how FIFA's clear and open corruption/incompetence is tolerated by football. It is not like if you are unlucky enough to live in a country run by a corrupt dictator, where you have no choice but to put up with it unless you are willing to risk your life fighting back. Countries should just decide to leave FIFA and set up their own organisation.

The awarding of the World Cup to Qatar was a ludicrous decision - and moreover it was an obviously ludicrous decision. I can imagine Septic Bladder sat in a hotel room with his minions warning him "Steady on sir, you're pushing it too far this time. They'll never let you get away with this, it's far too obvious. You've at least got to pretend to be on the level", and him just laughing and saying "Nah it'll be reet. You watch, they'll just roll over and take it"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:44:49 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »

The only way that FIFA could be forced to change would be if the UEFA countries pulled out of the World Cup and staged a Euro tournament instead.

The folding of UEFA to this winter WC bullshit shows that this is not going to happen.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »

The only way that FIFA could be forced to change would be if the UEFA countries pulled out of the World Cup and staged a Euro tournament instead.

The folding of UEFA to this winter WC bullshit shows that this is not going to happen.

The fact that PSG and Man City are owned by Arabs and Barcelona are sponsored by the "Qatar Foundation" (whatever that is) means it's unlikely any boycott will be led by the clubs.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

I think Fifa have done some good in developing the game throughout the entire world.  While other sporting bodies have actively discouraged any sort of evolution and in some cases have tried there hardest to keep the status quo.  A world cup in the middle east in principle is far from an horrendous idea.

However this was an awful decision from an obvious corrupt organisation, only outdone by the gutless UEFA failure to make any more of a pitiful attempt to stop it. 

Just to cap it off, we have the worse Neville and no doubt a lot more over the next 7 years saying how this could be good for England and give us a better chance of winning. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »

I think Fifa have done some good in developing the game throughout the entire world.  While other sporting bodies have actively discouraged any sort of evolution and in some cases have tried there hardest to keep the status quo.  A world cup in the middle east in principle is far from an horrendous idea.

However this was an awful decision from an obvious corrupt organisation, only outdone by the gutless UEFA failure to make any more of a pitiful attempt to stop it. 

Just to cap it off, we have the worse Neville and no doubt a lot more over the next 7 years saying how this could be good for England and give us a better chance of winning

This confused me as every major side with a serious chance of winning the world cup has virtually all their squad playing in European football so it gives no relative advantage to England or any other team imo unless you consider having a 2 week winter break that big a deal.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05:13 PM »

Just to cap it off, we have the worse Neville and no doubt a lot more over the next 7 years saying how this could be good for England and give us a better chance of winning

This confused me as every major side with a serious chance of winning the world cup has virtually all their squad playing in European football so it gives no relative advantage to England or any other team imo unless you consider having a 2 week winter break that big a deal.

The key thing there is not to let Phil Neville confuse you. Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »

An incredibly stupid decision by the only organisation more corrupt than Olympic Organisation Committees of the recent past      ....      it will be interesting to see how the English players perform (should they qualify) fresh - without the standard excuse of being fucked from playing a long Prembore season, and poncing about in the Chumpions & Europa Pointless Leagues etc.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 02:31:08 PM »

The key thing there is not to let Phil Neville confuse you. Cheesy

He does come across as very simple in a lot of interview compared to his brother who seems to have a lot more upstairs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: