blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:55:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC @DTD £1,000,000 GTD Day Three and Final
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC @DTD £1,000,000 GTD Day Three and Final  (Read 140077 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 02, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »

Congrats Fraser and Verndog!

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »

fraser completes, vernon checks

J-Q-J

check, 850,000, call

7 two hearts on the board

check vernon 1.1m, fraser shows KQ and folds.....

we had Ace 8 of diamonds, thoight we could get a lean out!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2015, 08:27:46 AM »

Very well done guys. Great results. Great to see the updates back tòo

sola virtus nobilitat
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 02, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »

Nice one Fraser, takes the sweat off the Arsenal top four!!

Well played Verndog
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: March 02, 2015, 08:40:53 AM »

what a great FT, well played fraser, sweet result for chris & excellent laddering david lloyd by the sounds of it,

tx tighty, another huge effort!
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 02, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »

great torn and updates, thanks. A great ft with well deserved finalists. Well played Fraser and Vern. always good to share a table with you..
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: March 02, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »

You meet some scumbags in poker. People who would make you cross the street if they were walking towards you, as well as people who seem nice on the surface but dissapoint you when money becomes an issue.

Thankfully in poker, you also meet guys like Frasier.

He really is one of the nicest guys you are ever likely to meet. He is kind, generous and never has anything but positive things to say. He really is the sort of guy who would give you the shirt off his back. He has a wonderful attitude towards life (always hits the gym before he plays poker) and really goes out of his way to help people.

He personally helped me get into shape a few years back so I could fit into my wedding suit (We met at the gym, not poker). His advice also helped my missus discover that her old boss was a violent drug addict which helped her get out and into a job she loves now, before the guy inevitably imploded and that particular business went under.

He is a good bloke, a good mate, a good dad and clearly a good poker player.

Well done matey from me and Gina, take the kids to Disneyland and buy yourself something nice.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: March 02, 2015, 09:06:35 AM »

Presume DTD looked like this after the final hand

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »

Congrats guys

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 02, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »

Verndog doesn't bother with 5 figure scores, goes from 4-6 figures. Baller!

Feed em rice.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »

You meet some scumbags in poker. People who would make you cross the street if they were walking towards you, as well as people who seem nice on the surface but dissapoint you when money becomes an issue.

Thankfully in poker, you also meet guys like Frasier.

He really is one of the nicest guys you are ever likely to meet. He is kind, generous and never has anything but positive things to say. He really is the sort of guy who would give you the shirt off his back. He has a wonderful attitude towards life (always hits the gym before he plays poker) and really goes out of his way to help people.

He personally helped me get into shape a few years back so I could fit into my wedding suit (We met at the gym, not poker). His advice also helped my missus discover that her old boss was a violent drug addict which helped her get out and into a job she loves now, before the guy inevitably imploded and that particular business went under.

He is a good bloke, a good mate, a good dad and clearly a good poker player.

Well done matey from me and Gina, take the kids to Disneyland and buy yourself something nice.

A great big +1 to all this. Top bloke is Fraser.

I'm chuffed for him, congratulations.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:56:52 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »

I don't know Frasier or Verndog personally, but well played to both.

Well played to Tighty too, the updates were a masterclass in tournament reportage. Wit, humour and colour all provided alongside the facts. It's no wonder the figures were good.

I do hope that Rob Yong has been reading this and realises what a great advert for his establishment these updates provide.

It's a year since I was at DTD and although personally I'm unlikely to return in the near future the updates have made the prospect far more tempting.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:09 AM »

Well played to Tighty too, the updates were a masterclass in tournament reportage. Wit, humour and colour all provided alongside the facts. It's no wonder the figures were good.

I do hope that Rob Yong has been reading this and realises what a great advert for his establishment these updates provide.

It's a year since I was at DTD and although personally I'm unlikely to return in the near future the updates have made the prospect far more tempting.

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 02, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »

+1. Got the DTD itch again.

Tighty/Tal combo was as good as it gets.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 02, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »

Presume DTD looked like this after the final hand

Cheers for that Barry   Smiley

Guys ..I'm sat here absolutely wasted ( which is not like me), I've not slept all night  !

Id like to say a big thank you to everybody that gave me well wishes Barry, Marky147,Pleno.George,Trevor Typhoon,KevB,LeetheFish,Ed & Ian Gaisgoine,Overtheborder,ForthThistle,J Gill,Keith Camel,Celtic,junior Senior (Greg)JIMJIM,MC ,Bobba Fett ,Adam Picken & anybody else I've missed

Its difficult to win a tournament and not sound like a boast so Ill try my best

Ground the short stack on both day 1 and 2 and got lucky when behind

I spent most of the day with Matas Cimbolas two seats to my left , As I said to Tighty yesterday he is definitely the best player I've played live before.He was re raising and 4 betting it seemed every hand to the point that I was afraid to get involved in a pot, so I needed to seriously adjust.

Managed to get to the final table and was sat with Dewi who is such a nice guy and really enjoyed his company.

With Skalie and Tom Hall amongst others it was a very tough final table but I got cards at the right time .Chris (verndog) Vernon struck up a good rapport and he played amazing only to be up against my big stack heads up but still a great score ( definite player for the future)

Thanks also to all the staff at DTD, Tighty and Tony for all their help hosting the event

I didnt have all my action unfortunately but this is going to help me out of a  big hole

I'm really humbled by all your kind comments

Thanks Again

Fraser
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: