blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live PLO Cash question
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live PLO Cash question  (Read 6369 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2015, 08:46:57 AM »

I got myself in two near identical spots in PLO cash games last week, & probably made a pigs ear of one.

The 2 hands were both on flops of (ignore suits)....

The first hand was in 4 card PLO.

J-Q-x

(x is a brick).

In the first, I held.....

7-8-9-10

I bet the flop & got re-potted. What should be our normal line here, after he re-pots me? How bad shape am I likly to be in with the wrong end of the draw? (It's irrelative, but I got it in).

The 2nd was perhaps my worst fold ever, but this was 6 card.

Again, the flop was....

J-Q-x

X, once again, is a blank.

I am holding 10-10-9-8-7-3

I dwelt forever on this, mesmeriesed by my two blocker tens, & my abundance of non-nut outs. (This was 6 card, remember). Many years ago, I was taught that the 10 is a very important card in PLO, especially when we are playing Broadway type hands.

I eventually folded to a big re-pot behind me.

Bad fold? How much difference does holding 10-10 (i.e. TWO blockers) make to my hand?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »

Could you give approximate stack sizes, please? What would "getting it in" look like, here? 50bb? 100bb? 200?

Active game? Do we assume you have a tight image? Do much bet+3betting on Broadway flops?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »

Obv as Tal says stack sizes might make a difference, but with any depth I'm def folding both these. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

To Tal & 2Xup.

It was a £2 £2 £5 Game that was playing (to my mind) very deep & very aggro, with several very aggro players sitting with £5,000 plus. My image was tighty-tight tight, obviously.

In truth, my problem was that the game had become too big for me, & I was playing scared. By dint of some extraordinary good fortune, I was sitting very deep myself at this point.

I felt so nitty folding the 6 card one where I had the blocker tens. Having dwelt for so long, John Duthie sussed my hand afterwards, & (playfully) mocked me for folding. The bottom end hit, obv, but that's not relevant.

With the blocker tens, it must be close, though?  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:04:43 AM »

I'm maybe too nitty, but I think with bottom end str8s baby flushes, I'm trying to find a way to realise my equity without putting too much in the pot.  

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »

Obv as Tal says stack sizes might make a difference, but with any depth I'm def folding both these. 

Me too. You could be drawing almost dead here.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:09:50 AM »

2nd hand is not even a tight fold. I thought you were a nit?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

2nd hand is not even a tight fold. I thought you were a nit?

I'm retired from Team Nit.

In truth, with the 2 blocker tens, I'd generally get it in there, but I was playing too deep, & bottled it.

I'm not convinced it is a tight fold, they don't have to have a 10, do they? They were playing 2 pair like top set. 

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »

In the 6card hand have you bet the Q J x flop and been raised? How many players in the hand? How much £££ you got behind? I cant see too much information in the post.

Could just keep it simple and say... You have been raised i have no idea how much money is in pot and behind etc but you have 3 nut outs.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »

In the 6card hand have you bet the Q J x flop and been raised? How many players in the hand? How much £££ you got behind? I cant see too much information in the post.

Could just keep it simple and say... You have been raised i have no idea how much money is in pot and behind etc but you have 3 nut outs.

I potted, I got 2 customers, the first flatted, the next potted.

I'm sitting very deep. It's either fold, or the lot has to go in.

pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »

Fold rather than get it in for me on both I think, definately 6 card anyway, don't think I'm ever surprised to find villain with 2 pair/set with the same or better draw.  It's so easy to get stacked in 6card and be sat saying to yourself "what on earth was I thinking!"

I've never got it.....ever
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »

Everyone thinks 6card is some huge action game when in reality you would most likely just be against AK109 and QQ/JJ.

Really enjoy these PLO 4/5/6 threads though.

pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »

Everyone thinks 6card is some huge action game when in reality you would most likely just be against AK109 and QQ/JJ.

Really enjoy these PLO 4/5/6 threads though.

Very true this, and you do get a few going crazy, but really most are getting it in with a very nuts heavy range

I've never got it.....ever
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »

Both hands are folds, the second hand especially so. The non-nut wrap is a pretty budget hand in 4 card PLO, but in 6 card it is a total piece of cheese, especially when deep.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

The second hand is no-where even close to being all-in, in fact it's a check fold betting your hand here was a mistake, getting the lot in after it is suicide.

your 2 TEN blockers are irrelevant almost. Any hand that is for value, a set or maybe 2p will v likely have nut straight outs (AK or AT certainly) alongside it and your hand has ZERO showdown value, to use a holdem equivalent you   on    

The first is defo a lot closer, it depends on the action and the player, I assume from reading it what has happened is you have raised pre-flop, C-bet and been raised and you're OOP? Stack sizes and the play your against come into it but folding is for sure standard here, the bet though is absolutely fine.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: