blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272771 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Myers Briggs - Personality Test
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Myers Briggs - Personality Test  (Read 3070 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »

I'm an INTP apparently.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »

i last did this test about 10-15 years ago and every time I'd score as a definite ENFP. Interestingly now I'm an INFP, but with only moderate or slight preferences on each category. I wonder how much that is due to a change in my personality, an acceptance of the 'real' me as I get older, or just differences in self-perception? Interesting stuff.

Or maybe it's the fact that as you get older your eyesight is going, so you're ticking the wrong boxes?

Smiley

Having given it at least three minutes solid thought I definitely *am* more introverted now than I used to be. My best guess is that I always have been naturally that way inclined, but in my younger days I definitely felt the need for validation from others to a much greater extent than I do now, so I think that's where the change is mostly showing up.  I used to sulk at having to miss any social gathering, but nowadays i much prefer an evening in front of the telly (pipe and slippers optional).

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 06:23:59 PM »

I'm an absolutely textbook INTJ.

This is a good site to get a handle on the different types.

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

I've never noticed it being something employers took notice of, but then I've worked in a less regimented industry - it's more useful for people to just understand more about themselves. I found it particularly useful as INTJs are quite extreme personalities and it was good to find out that my personality type is just the way I am, and that I'm not just going out of my way to be an abrasive arsehole.

Goddam introverted planners, sitting there on your own thinking about things! Takes the fun out of making quick judgements and flying by the seat of your pants!

I can't remember the exact personality type, but the senior manager was very keen that the team as a whole was that type and her managers were that type and surprisingly (not) that was exactly the result that came out.

I was the introverted techy bastard type (whatever that one was).  Will see what I am now prob worse I would think.

yep still INTJ

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:34:07 PM by doubleup » Logged
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

I've never noticed it being something employers took notice of, but then I've worked in a less regimented industry - it's more useful for people to just understand more about themselves. I found it particularly useful as INTJs are quite extreme personalities and it was good to find out that my personality type is just the way I am, and that I'm not just going out of my way to be an abrasive arsehole.

Goddam introverted planners, sitting there on your own thinking about things! Takes the fun out of making quick judgements and flying by the seat of your pants!

I can't remember the exact personality type, but the senior manager was very keen that the team as a whole was that type and her managers were that type and surprisingly (not) that was exactly the result that came out.

I was the introverted techy bastard type (whatever that one was).  Will see what I am now prob worse I would think.

yep still INTJ

Having a team of the same type, simply isn't a team.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »

yep still INTJ

Having a team of the same type, simply isn't a team.

It wasn't that the team were all individually ESTJ or whatever but the mix of the various personalities all contributed to a team personality of ESTJ....

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »

No one likes an abrasive arsehole.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »

No one likes an abrasive arsehole.

sounds like you need

Click to see full-size image.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 09:46:31 PM »

ENFP. I am sure if I did the test again it would come up with a different result.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »

ESTP- A - Entrepreneur

Done similar things at work before and everyone can guess what the result is for most especially me Smiley

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: