blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Mayweather v Pacquiao - 2 May 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mayweather v Pacquiao - 2 May 2015  (Read 17497 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 06:51:15 PM »

It's a great bet at that price but I'm happy to let it drift some more. The Pac KO price is stupidly short. He hasn't stopped anyone since Cotto in 2009.. He isn't a one punch KO artist therefore it's hard to see how he forces the stoppage against Floyd who has a great chin and rarely gets caught cleanly.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 07:01:03 PM »

The 2.32 for him to win on points is a better bet. You lose if he loses on a technical decision but the bigger price more than makes up for that.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »

It's a great bet at that price but I'm happy to let it drift some more. The Pac KO price is stupidly short. He hasn't stopped anyone since Cotto in 2009.. He isn't a one punch KO artist therefore it's hard to see how he forces the stoppage against Floyd who has a great chin and rarely gets caught cleanly.

On SSN last night during the Live Weigh in, one of the presenters said they over heard Andre Ward and another boxer shouting "Wow, the Old Manny is back", this was in reference to the size of his legs.

That said I totally agree it seems a very unlikely outcome.

I've actually been constantly saying I can't see any outcome when Mayweather wins other than by points, however I'm starting to doubt that a little now. Generally in Floyd's fights the other guy gets to around the 7-9th rounds and just gives up as they know it's gg and Floyd just coasts it. I don't see Manny ever doing that so think there is a worry he gets reckless and Manny get's ko'd.

Not of they above is in relation to what bets I think are value btw, just sharing some thoughts I have for the fight.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2015, 09:03:10 PM »

Deffo going to bed early tonight, do I set the alarm for 4AM or risk the 10AM replay?

Something just seems wrong about not watching it live.

I've done so many of these Vegas fights in the last 20 years, and almost every time they say 4AM, they really mean 5.30 AM.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »

A Brit who calls himself Jack Slack is imo about a million times better than most other MMA writers. He does boxing too.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-a-king-mayweather-versus-pacquiao

my alarm is set for 5

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

If you fancy a different type of punt on the fight then have a look at www.stakesandladders.com. Answer 6 questions, predicting what will happen in the fight, and win money if your predictions are more accurate than the other entrants.

You can enter for as little as £1 or as much as £100.

If you have not already joined stakesandladders then you get £5 worth of free bets when you register, so you can have a free bet!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »

A Brit who calls himself Jack Slack is imo about a million times better than most other MMA writers. He does boxing too.

my alarm is set for 5

That's a fantastic piece. Thanks.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 11:26:33 PM »

Money coming for Mayweather now. Back in to 1.58 on BF
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 01:11:54 AM »

my alarm is set for 5

That's a fantastic piece. Thanks.

+1

Excellent stuff.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:17 AM »

Fucks sake Jim Watt. Maybe, just maybe, Lomanchenko is vocal about low blows after Salido punched him balls all night long and the ref did nothing about. 

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2015, 04:35:25 AM »

I'm up, lets do this bitches
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2015, 04:36:08 AM »

Biggest fight in history and we have to listen to Watt and Halling. Then between fights we need to listen to Carl "I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 people" Froch. What did we do to deserve that?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2015, 04:47:56 AM »

Biggest fight in history and we have to listen to Watt and Halling. Then between fights we need to listen to Carl "I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 people" Froch. What did we do to deserve that?

Pour yourself a drink Bazza, it's almost time for the big one!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2015, 04:48:32 AM »

Had to turn the build up off earlier, when Froch used the time given to question Mayweather, so he could talk about him training for the Groves fight, as if Mayweather gave a fuck.

Just LOL!

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2015, 04:55:23 AM »

Manny troubles Floyd early doors with his southpaw stance and work rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he went fav at one point. There won't be much between them at halfway but Floyd will take over in the second half of the fight as he figures Manny out and Manny starts to slow. Floyd dominates the last 3 rounds and Manny is happy to hear the final bell in the end. 116-112 Floyd.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:12:40 AM by Bazzaboy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: