blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  4 reasons why i will never make a good poker player
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 reasons why i will never make a good poker player  (Read 3063 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »

1. I am just not very good
2. I totally lack any form of motivation - how i have survived in life i do not know
3. I never ever, ever get stressed
4. Money does not really interest me

I now think i must have a defective gene or perhaps i was dropped on my head when i was young
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »

3 and 4 don't qualify in my eyes, not getting stressed is a good trait to have in my opinion, and certainly helps when combatting tilt.
The money thing sort of ties into motivation, I think to play cash poker properly you have to be able to disassociate yourself with the value of money, but I imagine that a fair few of the players on the live world circuit are motivated by titles more than money.
I think you do need some sort of motivation to play and improve though.  Anyone can play for fun but you have to want to improve to get better.

"I am just not very good" - made me chuckle - I just read your busto story from ukipt mini, sounds to me that you have a good idea of what's right to do or not but you just like a gamble.  Find something to motivate you in the game and that will stop without you even noticing.

I've never got it.....ever
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

It all comes down to number 2 I'm afraid. Change number 2 and the others will change as well.

Not being good can't possibly mean that you'll never make a good poker player. Not being arsed to improve is what guarantees that you'll remain where you are.

Not being stressed has a lot going for it though and I think I'd take the downside of zero motivation over a bucket load of stress any day.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »

True story which can be verified with regards to stress -

flying back from mexico with my mate - flight left mexico around 11.00pm about 2 hours into the flight they came round with the food, i woke my mate up and said grubs up - he said i dont want any, just let me sleep.

1 hour later 35,000 feet in the air plane catches fire - pilot announces emergency landing going to take place as we start to drop out of the sky.

My mate is looking white as a sheet - so i turn to him and say "i told you that you should have had something to eat" i couldn't stop laughing as we dropped out of the sky.

Fortunately excellent pilot landed us down and all ended well.

Though my mate was stressed for months afterwards and unfortunately he worked in the airline industry.

NB: Always use a loo when you near one even if you dont need it at the time and never refuse a meal if your not hungry
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 07:43:53 PM »

Yet is there to be a day when I refuse a meal!

I've never got it.....ever
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »

That is a funny story, Mike. I have often thought I'd react like you did in that circumstance, but doubt I would.

As to the original question. For me, I'm just not super-competitive enough I think. I play mainly for fun and am happy to give bubble deals if chipleader, for example.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »

True story which can be verified with regards to stress -

flying back from mexico with my mate - flight left mexico around 11.00pm about 2 hours into the flight they came round with the food, i woke my mate up and said grubs up - he said i dont want any, just let me sleep.

1 hour later 35,000 feet in the air plane catches fire - pilot announces emergency landing going to take place as we start to drop out of the sky.

My mate is looking white as a sheet - so i turn to him and say "i told you that you should have had something to eat" i couldn't stop laughing as we dropped out of the sky.

Fortunately excellent pilot landed us down and all ended well.

Though my mate was stressed for months afterwards and unfortunately he worked in the airline industry.

NB: Always use a loo when you near one even if you dont need it at the time and never refuse a meal if your not hungry

<3 this story. I thought I was pretty laid back but doubt I would act like that

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »

Iv never met anyone not interested in money.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »

if you ever meet me then you will know someone who is not interested money
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:04:15 PM »

if you ever meet me then you will know someone who is not interested money

Can I have your money please?

The older I get, the better I was.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 09:44:15 PM »

lol

haven't got any so don't worry about it
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:10 PM »

mo money mo problems

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: