blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ramblings of an Old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ramblings of an Old man  (Read 21070 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2015, 09:22:16 AM »

Hi Paul - good luck in the £3,200 Viva Las Vegas Final tonight.

Be great if you could bink a Vegas package.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Big +1 from me.

He also smashed the Mayhem freeroll yesterday, so much so that I had to turn my phone off cos the stream of '11 bounties', '12', '13' etc texts got pretty tedious.

It turns out AA doesn't fare well against hands like Q8, J9 and various other junk Smiley

Best Bitter.
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

Thanks Tikay
Looking forward to it. Some very good players in it though and so I'm realistic about my chances 
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »

Big +1 from me.

He also smashed the Mayhem freeroll yesterday, so much so that I had to turn my phone off cos the stream of '11 bounties', '12', '13' etc texts got pretty tedious.

It turns out AA doesn't fare well against hands like Q8, J9 and various other junk Smiley

😄 You missed the "17 heads" text then?
A fantastic promotion from Sky. 7 freerolls a week for a month. Each week the player who knocks the most people out gets a Vegas package. They then pay out a long way down as well.
I've not really had the chance to play it all week but had time last night. Considering the leader up to yesterday had 19 heads I thought i'd go for broke.
Told Penny that is just be playing for 5 minutes and then we could watch a bit of Better Call Saul.
Things went well and Mrs J had gone to bed by the time I was knocked out. Once I'd got myself in such a strong position I made the mistake of trying to play properly (well properly for me anyhow)
I don't know how many heads the leaders got last night but it's definitely going to be worth having a bash at it over the weekend.
It's been a good month by my standards
Played 199 Dyms for a £518 profit and 31 mtts for a £515 profit. Tiny amount up at cash. Between £200/300 in rakeback to come as well.
It'd really be the icing on the cake if I could get to Vegas through either of the two routes available this weekend.
Played the £50 bh again the other night. Was playing pretty solidly and had just got in to the money, was about 4/9. I then totally blew up over 5 minutes. Can't remember the last time I chucked away a good position as badly as that. Twice I tried to get folds from a player who my note on says "never ever bluff him". Played just about every hand for that 5 minutes before my inevitable bust out.
Stupid boy
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:28:21 PM by Jac » Logged
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2015, 12:21:11 AM »

Keep it going in the sat good sir. Good to see the diary here.

All the best from the short one from next door!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2015, 12:48:25 AM »

Unlucky tonight Paul, but at least you pocketed £320.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2015, 01:04:14 AM »

Thanks Matt and Tikay

I messed up on the final table really. Froze a bit I guess. Just allowed myself to get too low. I was thinking how much i'd hate it if i'd shoved with something shite and been snapped.
For a while it seemed like there still might be a collision between players. It didn't happen and then once they'd stopped playing and a call was just about automatic, I kept seeing 74 etc Smiley

Guess i'm never going to Vegas. Obviously I would have loved to get the package but at the same time i'd have felt uncomfortable leaving Penny with Harry on her own. It would have been very difficult for her with her condition and so maybe it's for the best.

At least the £320 means I can afford anaesthetic next week at the dentists now
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2015, 08:11:18 AM »

Thanks Matt and Tikay

I messed up on the final table really. Froze a bit I guess. Just allowed myself to get too low. I was thinking how much i'd hate it if i'd shoved with something shite and been snapped.
For a while it seemed like there still might be a collision between players. It didn't happen and then once they'd stopped playing and a call was just about automatic, I kept seeing 74 etc Smiley

Guess i'm never going to Vegas. Obviously I would have loved to get the package but at the same time i'd have felt uncomfortable leaving Penny with Harry on her own. It would have been very difficult for her with her condition and so maybe it's for the best.

At least the £320 means I can afford anaesthetic next week at the dentists now

Yes, that was, realistically, possible, but once they saw you slip beneath 10 Bigs, they all - wisely & correctly imo - avoided confrontation, taking the view, I guess, that Option 1 was to see if you bust.

Cruel game at times, but that's the beauty of it I suppose. At least you can see the positives, what with Penny & Harry etc.

Next time.

PS - Don't know if you have Sky Sports, but the Bromley's are Tuesday's guests, which should be fun, they are a genuinely lovely couple. Especially Adam.

I scoured google images to find a nice photo of Natalie, & this was the best one.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:15:04 AM by tikay » Logged

DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »

I'm genuinely scared about Tuesday's show. I can only really play PLO at cash and am RUBBISH at NLH cash. And Tikay is gonna troll me like mad. And I don't know what to wear bah blah blah.

That pic was the opening game of the promotion season 1! We got really beat.

Anyway, more importantly VUL Paul. Adam and I were out last night but we signed on at about 2am to see the scores. We nearly puked when we saw. Bad things sometimes happen to great people.

You will get to Vegas one day. Never give up on a dream.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »

I'm genuinely scared about Tuesday's show. I can only really play PLO at cash and am RUBBISH at NLH cash. And Tikay is gonna troll me like mad. And I don't know what to wear bah blah blah.

Anyway, more importantly VUL Paul. Adam and I were out last night but we signed on at about 2am to see the scores. We nearly puked when we saw. Bad things sometimes happen to great people.

Don't be daft, you'll be fine, & I'll spare you the jibes on this occasion.

What to wear? I dare you to wear a Burnley shirt.

I've seen you in worse, tbh.

bossladybld
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

ur not that old Wink
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »

You and Adam were great on the show. It was never in doubt
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2015, 10:37:16 AM »

I received a phone call from Sky the other day. It started something like

"Hi Paul, you finished 6th in the Vegas final on Saturday. Unlucky"

I thought "Great! Cheers, I'm even getting rundowns from Sky now"

However, he then went on to say that one of the 5 who got the package couldn't go, and would I as the 6th place finisher like the package instead?

Bit overwhelmed by it. I asked for a few hours to make sure that I could go and after checking with work etc, I accepted.
Penny, although in truth, not overjoyed by it, was brilliant. She said that it was something that I just couldn't turn down. Penny has MS and so a week on her own with a 16 month old baby will be quite tough. Fortunately, the Grandmas are wonderful and they've said that they will be there whenever she needs them.

The package is for the little one drop and 7 nights at the Palazzo. My accounts also being credited with £1k to cover the flights? So, yesterday I booked with Thomas Cook from Manchester and in a months time I'm off to Vegas.
Never thought I'd be saying that 😄

Any advice on anything regarding Vegas that a dunce like me might not be aware of would be greatly received
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:45:40 AM by Jac » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

Nice turn of fortune, congratulations, and have a great time in Vegas!
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2015, 10:52:33 AM »

Couldnt happen to a better bloke. Properly pleased for you, sir.

Massively jealous, mind...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: