blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  9 people shot dead in "hate crime".
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9 people shot dead in "hate crime".  (Read 3692 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 11:22:55 PM »

They seem hell bent on eating themselves to death or shooting each other over there. You can buy a gun in a supermarket over there and the very thought of someone buying a 21 year old a gun as birthday present sickens me.

I know we have probably only seen the most sensationalist images of the guy, but look at him, who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to buy this kid a gun? He looks like a maniac:

Reckon a black guy gave him that haircut, that might explain things.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »

Been really noticeable on the radio today that they made a point of mentioning that police are looking for a white man. Is this a new directive? Or have I just not noticed it before?

Think the USA media needs to tread a careful line, to avoid upsetting the opposing factions. It was code really for "this was a racist crime".

The guy was arrested very quickly, incidentally.

Reporting by ethnicity is such a covert but common form of racism. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed by the majority.

The races were very relevant for this particular crime. The quotes from the survivors suggest he openly tragetted them because they were black.  To not report the races of the shooter and the victims in such circumstances would be absurd. 

I am not saying that it doesn't happen, just that I think it is wrong to imply that the reporters are the racist ones here.

Oh no, I definitely wasn't implying that. Race is relevant is this case, I just took the opportunity to bang one of my pet drums.

The older I get, the better I was.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 11:57:44 PM »

looks like Verndog, hasnt had a bad beat already has he?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 12:30:09 AM »

I was in Texas recently and went into a sports shop called Dicks Sporting Goods. Pretty much like a Sports Direct high street store. Looking around I see trainers, football shirts, skateboards and then weapons. I mean every kind of weapon, really weird. So I wander over and start talking to the weapons dude behind the counter. He starts taking out a selection of magnums, shotguns and crossbows so I can get a feel for the weapon of my choice.

The weapons guy has a long pointy beard and wild eyes which was rather unsettling. I'm pretty anti guns and start having a debate about the right to bear arms. I'm saying in the UK we use fisty cuffs and why would you need a weapon living in the states. He says, and I shit you not, "Cos them Muzzies are a coming". I'm like what?? He says "If them Muslims make a move towards your car or your person then you gotta be able shoot them where they stand". I asked what restrictions there are and he says "If I smell drink on your breath I gotta ask some questions". I'm abs amazed and just bought a pack of blister patches cos my little toe was rubbing, made my excuses and left.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:32:03 AM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »

They seem hell bent on eating themselves to death or shooting each other over there. You can buy a gun in a supermarket over there and the very thought of someone buying a 21 year old a gun as birthday present sickens me.

I know we have probably only seen the most sensationalist images of the guy, but look at him, who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to buy this kid a gun? He looks like a maniac:

Reckon a black guy gave him that haircut, that might explain things.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »

A sombre Jon Stewart delivered a scathing monologue about the Charleston shooting. http://gaw.kr/h8mWzOl 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »

there have been 200 mass killings in US since 2009

incredible and terrible

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »

A sombre Jon Stewart delivered a scathing monologue about the Charleston shooting. http://gaw.kr/h8mWzOl 

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: