blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:14:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  9 people shot dead in "hate crime".
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9 people shot dead in "hate crime".  (Read 3691 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »

"I'm here to shoot black people".......

A senior law enforcement source told CNN the suspect's father had recently bought him a .45-caliber gun for his 21st birthday.

What can you say, or think?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »

any chance of changing the gun laws then?

no, of course not

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »

They seem hell bent on eating themselves to death or shooting each other over there. You can buy a gun in a supermarket over there and the very thought of someone buying a 21 year old a gun as birthday present sickens me.

I know we have probably only seen the most sensationalist images of the guy, but look at him, who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to buy this kid a gun? He looks like a maniac:

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:58:14 PM »

They seem hell bent on eating themselves to death or shooting each other over there. You can buy a gun in a supermarket over there and the very thought of someone buying a 21 year old a gun as birthday present sickens me.

I know we have probably only seen the most sensationalist images of the guy, but look at him, who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to buy this kid a gun? He looks like a maniac:

You genuinely can't make stuff like that up, can you?

Very few 21 year olds are even half mentally mature, & their Dad buys them a GUN?

The Dad is as much to blame as the Son, imo.

Maybe father & son are both racists, but if the Dad is not feeling bad now, he ought to be.

I sense the Dad is the same as the Son though. In fairness (?) to the boy, most (though not all) of these things originate with bad parenting.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »

you guys all bought me a gun when i was 16

but i do agree gun laws in the USA are just hideous

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »

You genuinely can't make stuff like that up, can you?

Very few 21 year olds are even half mentally mature, & their Dad buys them a GUN?

The Dad is as much to blame as the Son, imo.

Maybe father & son are both racists, but if the Dad is not feeling bad now, he ought to be.

I sense the Dad is the same as the Son though. In fairness (?) to the boy, most (though not all) of these things originate with bad parenting.

Just ridiculous, and I've never understood the fascination they have with guns.

There was nothing I found more boring than weapons training, and the only time I didn't mind it was in basic training. That was only because it felt like a week off, after the prior 5 weeks, and weekend on Dartmoor we'd done in week 5!

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »

while there is zero doubt that the guy is a nutcase, like " the joker" wanabee who went to his local cinema and shot everyone who turned up to watch batman, or the colombine massacre, the finger of blame must be pointed at the law that these people grow up on. i am not making any excuses for these people, but i dont think things would be any different in good old "great" britain if everybody was allowed to keep a gun in the kitchen cupboard. i have no doubt that if we had the same (competely wrong) laws, we would read about random nutters doing this on our streets. we already have young kids stabbing each other on a weekly basis because they live on a different estate,read postcode. unfortunately stuff like this happens all over the world on a daily basis. i lived in thailand for 2 years and in rio de janeiro for 6 months. the stuff that happens there makes what we read about look like a walk in the park on a sunny day.the only difference being is that a lot of the time it is the police and the authorities that are murdering people on a regular basis.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »

Been really noticeable on the radio today that they made a point of mentioning that police are looking for a white man. Is this a new directive? Or have I just not noticed it before?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candel%C3%A1ria_massacre
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »

Been really noticeable on the radio today that they made a point of mentioning that police are looking for a white man. Is this a new directive? Or have I just not noticed it before?

Think the USA media needs to tread a careful line, to avoid upsetting the opposing factions. It was code really for "this was a racist crime".

The guy was arrested very quickly, incidentally.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 09:54:43 PM »

Think the USA media needs to tread a careful line, to avoid upsetting the opposing factions. It was code really for "this was a racist crime".

Reporting by ethnicity is such a covert but common form of racism. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed by the majority.

The older I get, the better I was.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »

I assumed it was code for - this is not ISIS related terrorism.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »

I assumed it was code for - this is not ISIS related terrorism.

Ahh, good point - yes, that makes more sense.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:55 PM »

Reporting by ethnicity is such a covert but common form of racism. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed by the majority.

The races were very relevant for this particular crime. The quotes from the survivors suggest he openly tragetted them because they were black.  To not report the races of the shooter and the victims in such circumstances would be absurd. 

I am not saying that it doesn't happen, just that I think it is wrong to imply that the reporters are the racist ones here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: