blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99135 times)
fatboyslow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »

As a Leeds fan ... ( stop laughing )

Finish the season with the same manager we start it with would be a good step.

No collapse after New Year dragging us into relegation, assuming we aren't already there,

Dare to challenge for the play offs ( unlikely )

On the plus side I think the kit is the best for several seasons
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »

Didn't realise Football League highlights no longer on BBC. Good news is show will be on at a watchable time 9pm Saturdays

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »

Didn't realise Football League highlights no longer on BBC. Good news is show will be on at a watchable time 9pm Saturdays

This is a good thing......

I always felt that the BBC disliked Forest, especially with the likes of Savage and Co there.

Probs just me though.

Would rather watch this than MOTD, as the best bits have usually been shown by SKY by 10pm or whenever MOTD starts.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 11:55:09 AM »

Hull, Derby auto; Boro up via playoffs.

Blackburn, Wolves, Bristol City also in the playoffs.

Rotherham; MK Dons; Charlton down.

Brentford between 7th-12th, never really threatening either end of the table.

100% cafc won't go down push for play offs I reckon tough start though

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »

Simon (Red) - how 'bad a shape' are Forest in, really?

I like the Ward signing (I presume it didn't go down that well, considering where he came from) - also I've always rated Antonio and Lansbury. And with Fryatt, Assombalonga, Blackstock, Reid etc surely thats a fairly strong Championship setup?

Admittedly the Chairman's an absolute expletive, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that Forest could be the ones 'flying under the radar' - and 25/1 looks a bit generous to me.

And what do you think of their price to win at Brighton on Friday? This also appears to be good value (I thought Brighton were a rather poor side last year)   .....      your thoughts?

I quite fancy the trio of Brentford, Brizzle & Forest to upset the more fancied selections.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:59:27 PM by luther101 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 01:51:25 PM »

careful, i know financial problems at NFFC could mean Ben Hamer ending his loan and returning to LCFC. Forest trying to sort out transfer embargo issues.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

I like the Ward signing (I presume it didn't go down that well, considering where he came from) - also I've always rated Antonio and Lansbury. And with Fryatt, Assombalonga, Blackstock, Reid etc surely thats a fairly strong Championship setup?

Admittedly the Chairman's an absolute expletive, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that Forest could be the ones 'flying under the radar' - and 25/1 looks a bit generous to me.

And what do you think of their price to win at Brighton on Friday? This also appears to be good value (I thought Brighton were a rather poor side last year)   .....      your thoughts?

I quite fancy the trio of Brentford, Brizzle & Forest to upset the more fancied selections.

Forest have Fryatt, Assombolonga, Reid out injured.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 08:07:01 AM »

We don't mind ex Direby players tbh, had plenty of good ones in the past!

As others say a lot out injured, could lose Antonio and/or Lansbury and can't seem to get people in (Hamer for example), off loaded two expensive flops but rumours are they had to pay them most of their last years wages to get off the books.

Won't be too surprised if we struggle early on. I would be happy if we get into play offs but expecting mid table or below now. We are not worth a punt at 25/1 imho.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 02:59:24 AM »

Charlton 2-0 QPR that is all... great start tough fisrt month/2 but well chuffed. Didnt go tho Sad too much drinking last night/tonight

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

Hello Young Gun - not sure if you go on the "Tips for Tikay" thread but I've stuck Charlton up as a recommend to get more than 57 points this season.  Can you cast your eyes over my post when you get the chance and let me know if I'm way off in my assessment of the Charlton squad?

Cheers

Dung
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »

Hello Young Gun - not sure if you go on the "Tips for Tikay" thread but I've stuck Charlton up as a recommend to get more than 57 points this season.  Can you cast your eyes over my post when you get the chance and let me know if I'm way off in my assessment of the Charlton squad?

Cheers

Dung

Hi dung, I did once read tips for tikay but lost track so haven't seen.

Personally sounds like a very good bet, I was a bit worried with opening month so well re-asses after that. I didn't go first game , we had 5 academy players by merit  which was a good win still a fee newbies bedding in too. I personally think we could potentially be play offs if things aren't too bad in the first month so 65 points plus I'd guess. Still unsure why they had us 3rd faves to go Down but we'll see

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 04:05:23 AM »

Cheers

Dung
Most confident I have been for a while as a charlton fan. Massively underrated this year and certainly feel we could have a shout at the play offs. Looks a good bet.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

Wednesday continuing to build.

The squad really has been transformed with the new owner bringing more new players in.

This week it's Michael Turner from Norwich and Pudil from Watford.

Talk of a decent centre forward coming in to finalise transfers.

The new owner certainly means business, I just hope the news signings can settle.

Did you see the goal from Matias at Leeds last weekend BTW ?

What a goal!
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »

Wednesday sign Forestieri from Watford.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »

£7m bid rejected for boca juniors forward. Seems were are 'going for it'.

Picked up a winger for £1.7m from feyenoord this week.

What a change from that clown hypiia.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: