blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99055 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »

going to start this off with this, posted by workers in the office of their forest supporting boss

lol

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:31:35 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »

so

who will win the division?

dark horses for the play-offs?

likely to be in trouble?

if you support a championship team, what are you hoping for this season?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »

Derby first Sheff Wed second is the Dung forecast.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »

Hull, Derby auto; Boro up via playoffs.

Blackburn, Wolves, Bristol City also in the playoffs.

Rotherham; MK Dons; Charlton down.

Brentford between 7th-12th, never really threatening either end of the table.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »

I'd love Dungbeetle to be right about Sheff Wed. I've no doubt the new owner is going to throw money at it, but we all know its easy to throw money at it and get nowhere.

I think its a year or two before Wednesday will challenge.

I think Rinswun's assessment is very good and more likely to be about right. You could perhaps throw one more of the relegated teams into the play off mix, swap Blackburn for say Burnley. They have so much money now with parachute payments.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:41:05 PM »

I'd love Dungbeetle to be right about Sheff Wed. I've no doubt the new owner is going to throw money at it, but we all know its easy to throw money at it and get nowhere.

I think its a year or two before Wednesday will challenge.

I think Rinswun's assessment is very good and more likely to be about right. You could perhaps throw one more of the relegated teams into the play off mix, swap Blackburn for say Burnley. They have so much money now with parachute payments.

I think the fact we have appointed an apparent unknown as manager makes us fans have absolutely no idea what direction we could go in. I would have said that if we appointed a manager known to everyone (Big same, etc), then maybe I would have been of the opinion that we could have challenged for a play-off spot.

I believe that the appointment of this manager will either see uf struggle all season or go up, rather than a predicted mid-table finish.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:02:14 PM »

I expect a big season from Bolton,  as I mentioned on TfT last season I was told from a fairly reliable source Lennon would be provided with a war chest if he kept them up. 
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »

so

who will win the division? Burnley

dark horses for the play-offs? Bristol City

likely to be in trouble? Rotherham and Birmingham

if you support a championship team, what are you hoping for this season? Sneak into Play offs and Derby to miss out on promotion Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 06:23:25 AM »

going to start this off with this, posted by workers in the office of their forest supporting boss

lol

Click to see full-size image.

[/quote
Winding Up Order by HMRC for £1.8m unpaid taxes settled on day of case so thats one box crossed off and its still June Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 04:45:43 AM »

It seems we haven't even got a manager yet & our pre-season schedule looks absolutely non existent by the looks of it at the moment. I actually thought CC was the new manager, apparently he's the general manager of some sort. I see the bookies have latched on to this, we have gone to 25-1 to win the league from 20/22's. I think there needs to be a statement somewhere, because this is quite worrying.

I really can't predict promotion at the moment that's for sure. QPR look to cut an already average side & Burnley just lost their best player.

Relegation looks a lot more simple. I can't see Charlton or Birmingham being able to improve their squads enough to improve their last season finishes, so think both will be down there & suspect Rotherham will be down there as well.

Surprise Package = MK.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »

Brentford broke their transfer record today, signing Andreas Bjelland for 3mil euro. That's a name for a replica lot of ever I saw one!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »

Brentford broke their transfer record today, signing Andreas Bjelland for 3mil euro. That's a name for a replica lot of ever I saw one!

Will probably be cut down to something like ' I love A BJ'  Roll Eyes

Life has no rebuy options
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 01:00:33 PM »

Well last season I predicted us to get relegated, was extremely close. Correctly guessed hypiia was completely clueless.

How's everyone's pre seasons shaping up?

We have probably the weakest squad in the league now. Very bizarre, we have as many  goalkeepers than strikers, and have signed a load of shite this summer, bar Liam rosenoir.

Bottom 6 struggle for us unless we sign a centre back (we only have 2 in the squad, 3 if you count someone promoted from the youth team), a creative midfielder (not a single one in the squad), couple of wingers and a quick nippy striker. Had failed bids for Ben Marshall, a winger in Dutch league and Murphy at Sheffield United.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »

Birmingham fan.

We had a great boost when Rowett took over but perhaps the honeymoon period is over so of course I worry. There is always the possibility of administration as our owner still remains a convicted fraudster.

Demarai Gray has a lot of talent and has signed a new contract but I guess that doesn't mean anything as if we were selling him we would tie him up to get more money if we were smart. Hopefully he will stay one more year at least. I like Donaldson up front and Coterrill on the left.

New strip with the diagonal stripe looks lovely!

Avoiding relegation would be a good season. Anything better looks highly unlikely.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »

Thought Fabbrini would end up at Brum.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Boro (who seem to be investing heavily this summer).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: