blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:25:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 35134 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »

i read earlier that shaqiri is a complicated deal. co-ownership, existing sell on clauses and a tough negotiation with multiple stakeholders

newcastle and one other premier league club were trying to sign him as of 2pm when the article went up and it was not yet a done deal

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »

Was neither a level or an insult, just think he should be looking higher than Stoke, if he's settling for money then that's upto him I guess, in my opinion he could play in any prem midfield.

Name me a club in the top 30 in Europe who would be interested in signing him? I personally think Stoke is the pinnacle of his plan long term plan financially, with the greatest of respect obviously.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:56:55 PM by arbboy » Logged
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2015, 07:12:06 PM »

Stoke aren't top 30 in Europe like....

I don't know what players clubs are interested in, just know he would walk into alot of teams, bigger than Stoke
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »

Stoke aren't top 30 in Europe like....

in terms of financial resources if you are top 10 in our league you are definitely top 30 in europe

PL income exceeds serie a and la liga combined, and next year that ramps up substantially too

why do you think so many players come to english clubs these days that you would laugh at if you suggested it 5 years ago?

wages, signing on fees, clubs being able to outbid those from other leagues, not the attractions of living in Hanley, gateshead or loughborough!

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »

Well he wasn't first name on team sheet for Munich or Inter.  Think Stoke/Everton about his right level if he wants to play every game.  He might improve even more at Stoke of course and become hot property again of course.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2015, 07:19:03 PM »

I think this is good transfer for both club and player.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »

I think this is good transfer for both club and player.

I think Stoke are a proper top 30 club. All the old,top 30 clubs are skint, Stoke are loaded via bet 365 as any real follower of this site knows. It really makes me laugh when people say Stoke can't operate At this level, Stoke are a ton ten club in the biggest financial league in the world with no debt and an owner with no debt who is in the top 1000 in the fobres world wide list,  I just don't get why people don't realise bet365 can turn Stoke into a champions league team. The epl is all about money, ask Kevin pullien.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

I agree with you.  But at the present time you can play for teams in other countries with less cash and have a much better chance of playing in Europe.  So in that respect Shaquiri is something of a prize capture for stoke.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »

Can't get my head round why shaqiri is settling for Stoke, why are no bigger teams coming in for him, great player

Stoke are a top ten team in the epl. I assume this is a level so I won't respond any more, Stoke are also one of the too thirty richest clubs in football globally, that might help explain his decision, no one in Stoke thinks he is coming here for the women!

Confirmed. Was out in Hanley at the weekend and the local talent was, well let's say talentless.

I'm still stunned about it all, yes we have the financial capabilities to be signing players such as Shaqiri, but most players seem to want to glory and spotlight associated with bigger clubs, even if it's just in the Europa League. I thought a club such as Tottenham would have swept in for him, as he's not too far off the Champions League as it stands.

I could be wrong but I think Hughes has made it clear that he can basically use us as a stepping stone to getting him back playing at his best and then be sold on to a bigger club.

Feed em rice.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

Gayle to Bristol City for 6m has been agreed, not sure the player is in with it yet though. The former strike duo of Wilbraham and Gayle could be devastating in the Champo, my thoughts are like a little and large Shippo/Johnson partnership back in the day for Palace.

Gayle could never play effectively in a 4-5-1 so was never a right fit for Palace and was a poor buy for that reason from Holloway.

I do think in the right setup though he could be devastating. 
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »

Gayle to Bristol City for 6m has been agreed, not sure the player is in with it yet though. The former strike duo of Wilbraham and Gayle could be devastating in the Champo, my thoughts are like a little and large Shippo/Johnson partnership back in the day for Palace.

Gayle could never play effectively in a 4-5-1 so was never a right fit for Palace and was a poor buy for that reason from Holloway.

I do think in the right setup though he could be devastating. 

Agreed. I could see him being very effective in the Championship.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2015, 05:48:49 PM »

Bristol City apparently are offering £6m up front and a cancellation of their 15% sell on clause for Bolasie which could be worth £3m if he ever does leave. Huge Huge offer. Apparently Gayle is saying no and I think quite rightly considering he is of prem quality in the right system. All of this though will hopefully start a bidding war, and if QPR get involved a cheeky swap for Austin wouldn't go amiss.

Begs the question, where have Bristol City come from with bids like this?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »

the owners are billionaires

hargreaves lansdown the big IFA

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-owner-Steve-Lansdown-billionaire/story-21105973-detail/story.html

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2015, 05:55:59 PM »

the owners are billionaires

hargreaves lansdown the big IFA

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-owner-Steve-Lansdown-billionaire/story-21105973-detail/story.html

Answers that question quickly, ta. Apparently Guediora turned them down recently too. Even with the money they have to do a decent amount to overturn an apparently poor reputation. Need a marquee signing or two.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »

Bristol City apparently are offering £6m up front and a cancellation of their 15% sell on clause for Bolasie which could be worth £3m if he ever does leave. Huge Huge offer. Apparently Gayle is saying no and I think quite rightly considering he is of prem quality in the right system. All of this though will hopefully start a bidding war, and if QPR get involved a cheeky swap for Austin wouldn't go amiss.

Hang on, wasn't Bolaisie worth £25m five minutes ago?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: