blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:41:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34440 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-73m-bid-arjen-robben-transfer/175346/

I thought (still do think) this was a joke until i googled it!  £73m wtf!  For a 31 year old.

Assuming it is true - if Robben is the difference to Champs League semis verses getting knocked out 2nd round for the next 2 years would he be worth it? I have no opinion on the transfer but if Watford are slinging around 30 million on assorted medium premier pacemen is 73m for a proven Euro superstar so bad even if they only get 2 years?  Being devils advocate here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-73m-bid-arjen-robben-transfer/175346/

I thought (still do think) this was a joke until i googled it!  £73m wtf!  For a 31 year old.

Assuming it is true - if Robben is the difference to Champs League semis verses getting knocked out 2nd round for the next 2 years would he be worth it? I have no opinion on the transfer but if Watford are slinging around 30 million on assorted medium premier pacemen is 73m for a proven Euro superstar so bad even if they only get 2 years?  Being devils advocate here.

Watford are slinging it around to stay in the promised land (although the vast majority of it just goes in one end and out the other in wages - the clubs hardly keep any of it so from a business angle you have to question the motives).  This is worth way more than jumping from 4th to 2nd in the EPL or 2nd round to semis of the champs league financially only.  It is really interesting watching how much money manure are throwing at it after giving Moyes nothing like this money.  Are they much better off in real terms?  They are miles away from competing for the EPL imo.  LVG seems to be able to spend what he wants/write off huge chunks of previous transfer fees as he wants compared to Moyes.  Makes you wonder why they ever employed Moyes in the first place.

He literally would have no resale value at 34 surely?  £73m plus wages (assume he would have to be on £250k+ a week if he is being bought for £73m) is a huge investment for someone with no resale value.  Makes Sterling and Stones sound incredibly cheap.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:17:52 AM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »

Yeah - this would be a calculation of top end fee + top end wage written off over 2/3 years against what he brings.  Thinking it through I can't justify it.

Only worth it if difference between finishing 5th and guaranteed champs league for 3 years on bounce?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »

Yeah - this would be a calculation of top end fee + top end wage written off over 2/3 years against what he brings.  Thinking it through I can't justify it.

Only worth it if difference between finishing 5th and guaranteed champs league for 3 years on bounce?

Just looks more and more like short term panic buying/selling at terrible prices from a biased manager who loves his own country/players so he can say 'well we got in the top 4 again' to his bosses.  I am pretty sure you could give Tony Pulis the manure job and this budget and he would get you into the top 4.  LVG comes across as a massive blagger to me.  Really wish they had given Moyes this money so we could have actually seen how good a manager he really is.  Doubt we will ever find out now for the rest of his career.

All this whilst letting one of his most valuable and tough to replace assets (DDG) potentially walk for free at the end of the season and/or move to Madrid in the next few days with no suitable replacement.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:15:30 AM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2015, 01:17:43 AM »

Yeah - this would be a calculation of top end fee + top end wage written off over 2/3 years against what he brings.  Thinking it through I can't justify it.

Just looks more and more like short term panic buying/selling at terrible prices from a biased manager who loves his own country/players so he can say 'well we got in the top 4 again' to his bosses.  I am pretty sure you could give Tony Pulis the manure job and this budget and he would get you into the top 4.  LVG comes across as a massive blagger to me.  Really wish they had given Moyes this money so we could have actually seen how good a manager he really is.  Doubt we will ever find out now for the rest of his career.

All this whilst letting one of his most valuable and tough to replace assets (DDG) potentially walk for free at the end of the season and/or move to Madrid in the next few days with no suitable replacement.

Kind of worried this is the first blast of FFP.  We'll spunk £150m because we can by the rules.  Fail?  Ok - £250m this year.  And you guys can't match us.

Man Utd can keep going till they get it right.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2015, 01:21:23 AM »

Kind of worried this is the first blast of FFP.  We'll spunk £150m because we can by the rules.  Fail?  Ok - £250m this year.  And you guys can't match us.

Man Utd can keep going till they get it right.

Agree totally.  The rules are just stupid.  They make the league even more uncompetitive than it already is.  The reality is though just because Manure can spunk £250m doesn't mean the owners will put up with it surely?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2015, 04:11:40 PM »

48 hours til the transfer window closes

realistically...realistically, who might your club add or lose and who would you want them to add?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »

Maddison is off, almost certainly to the Premier League.

Probably Sunderland imo, for around £2m by all accounts. Would improve them massively and completely ruin our season.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »

Think Watford will sell about 5 players and spend big on midfielder winger and striker.  Worried about our outlay if we go down. Guess we can ship players to Udinese to get them off wage bill but still.

By the way Sheffield Wednesday please look after Nando.  He will be a crowd favourite if you give him a good home.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »

Leicester have been linked with Nagatomo, a 28yo left back at Inter, and Dante, the 31yo Brazilian/Bayern centre back

no idea why we need either :-)

i'd like a better back up keeper to groom behind schmeichel, a right back and some depth behind mahrez and albrighton

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »

Spurs have been linked with a number of players in the press we are simply never going to sign, Pato being the latest. Third party ownership issues, high wage demands and a completely known quantity. More chance of us signing Pato Banton.  

Wanyama, Bolasie and Berahino all live between now and yellow night's end. Reckon one of those three comes and it's the one we arguably need least in Bolasie.

Adebayor goes to Wham. Lennon finds a home somewhere in the North.  

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2015, 01:14:06 PM »

Will the international window interfere with some transfers going through, players are going to be all over the globe, and permissions from the national fa given to release a player from squad training to travel to sign

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: