blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Premier League ticket prices
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Premier League ticket prices  (Read 2716 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »

to gauge opinion

West Ham United v Leicester City

Away tickets are £45 each

last season they were £25

is £45 for an adult ticket

too much?

about right?

too little?

of course i think it is extortionate, but i suppose it won't stop too many going

but what do you think?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »

I think it's extortionate.  Football would be nothing if there were no atmosphere at the games - they need the away fans to sell the product to TV.

How about this idea I saw:

As a club you deem your away fan price. Let's say it's £20.  If Arsenal charge £60 then you subsidise your fans for £40 each.   Then when Arsenal visit you, your clubs simply charge the visiting fans £60 to recoup the money.   Wouldn't this have the effect of Arsenal fans complaining about their own club's away pricing because the cost was being transferred to them?

Would this work to drive down away prices?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »

£25 seems very cheap for the Premier League.  I remember looking at MK Dons a few years ago (possibly league 1) and they were £30 for the visit of the Bantams even then.  It is a while since I have been to a premiership away game, but I think £22 was about the cheapest nearly 10 years ago. 

I don't think £45 would be massively above what I'd have expected the price to be, but I wouldn't want to pay it for West Ham/Leicester.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

It's the price that it is - people can choose to pay it or not.

Yeah, yeah - 'they've stolen our game from us' etc but if people still pay the prices what are they going to do? If clubs want to lower prices out of the goodness of their hearts the people at the back of the queue are away fans.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

the latest PL deal significantly raises revenues, yet the fans get charged more y-o-y

swansea are subsidising away tickets, in effect transferring £300,000 of the deal revenue from the club back to fans

"Swansea City will remain ‘True to 22’ this season in a bid to make life cheaper on the road for the club’s loyal fans.
In a new fan initiative, the club has agreed to subsidise the price of every ticket for all away fixtures in the Barclays Premier League this season purchased through its Jack Army membership scheme.
It means the Swans will remain true to its pledge that no adult will pay more than £22 for any away fixture this season, while concession prices will be capped at a maximum of £15 and kids just £10.*"

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-agrees-to-reduce-away-ticket-prices-2530806.aspx#6jC9PuL1gxC8jiOZ.99

i think more clubs could easily do the same. great PR and really helpful to people who struggle as the prices go up

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »

Well done Swansea.  And then they should charge Arsenal £80 a ticket when they turn up.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »

Problem is they can charge what they want. The woolly hats who come from the Far East would pay £200 per game if that was the price. Then the clubs complain that the atmosphere is shit, well that's what happens if you price out the 18-30 male core fan.
KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:46 PM »

As long as the sheep still follow whatever the cost, then why on earth would the clubs charge less? It'd be bad business sense. And they are businesses, despite what blind, loyal fans say to justify it.

The people who pay these prices are absolutely mad. Especially with no guarantee of entertainment.

Football as we know it died years ago. Unfortunately, it's just too important to enough people to keep them buying sky and feeding the cash cow. The saddest thing is that they expect the same loyalty from the players!

The players must be pissing themselves laughing at the wages that this all creates. And who'd blame them.

The Sterling example is hilarious. Why the hell wouldn't he move for a huge wage increase? Why does he have to be loyal to a club he doesn't care about if he can earn more elsewhere?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »

to gauge opinion

West Ham United v Leicester City

Away tickets are £45 each

last season they were £25

is £45 for an adult ticket

too much?

about right?

too little?

of course i think it is extortionate, but i suppose it won't stop too many going

but what do you think?

Just speculating, but reckon West Ham are gonna milk this season for away fans, with it being the last year at Upton Park.....get the suckers to pay an extra 20 quid for nostalgic reasons....

If they are charging Leicester 45 quid, I dread to think how much they will charge the top 6 clubs!

The cost of away tickets has gone crazy. I know on a couple of occasions last season, there was talk of a boycott on various Man City forums (most noticeably for Arsenal away where they wanted £66 iirc), but the product is so desirable that its gonna be nigh on impossible to get a meaningful boycott. We're just as bad, sometimes charging your average PL team £50 to come to Eastlands, but at least they get to see some quality players for that price Wink

Saw City away at Bayern Munich in December '13, ticket was just 35e to watch 2 quality teams, in a fantastic stadium, in the greatest club competition in the world. And we bloody won!

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »

As long as the sheep still follow whatever the cost, then why on earth would the clubs charge less? It'd be bad business sense. And they are businesses, despite what blind, loyal fans say to justify it.

The people who pay these prices are absolutely mad. Especially with no guarantee of entertainment.

Football as we know it died years ago. Unfortunately, it's just too important to enough people to keep them buying sky and feeding the cash cow. The saddest thing is that they expect the same loyalty from the players!

The players must be pissing themselves laughing at the wages that this all creates. And who'd blame them.

The Sterling example is hilarious. Why the hell wouldn't he move for a huge wage increase? Why does he have to be loyal to a club he doesn't care about if he can earn more elsewhere?

Football as you used to know it is still alive and well.

You could get an adult season ticket for £149 this year at Valley Parade, and I am sure they'd welcome disgruntled Gooners.  You kind of get what you pay for though!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

sheff wed prices for championship football this season

look at the prices for cat d and above!

My eyes are open wide
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »

mini derail

if any spurs fans want a single ticket for any game at white hart lane, apart from the big six im afraid, send me a pm and i can 100% help you out. face value obviously.

brothers wifey has had season ticket 10+ years but they have moved up north so she cant make most games.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 07:30:44 PM »

sheff wed prices for championship football this season

look at the prices for cat d and above!

Crazy if you just want to watch premiership football there are some decent priced tickets at some clubs,went to a load of Norwich away games the last season they were in the prem league for less than £20! Granted Norwich were subsidising the ticket but some were still cheap without it
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

I think the prices for football are disgusting, and I've virtually stopped going now.

I am happy to pay £15 max but flatly refuse to pay what it is now (approx £30).  This is the main reason I have fallen out of love with the game TBH.

I love going with my 5 yr old boy when the offers are on a couple of times a season...kids for a quid etc.

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »

Forgot to say Lincoln City charge £18 to get in making £45 seem reasonable
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: