blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Smoking / stopping
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smoking / stopping  (Read 6074 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:52:01 AM »

For all the ex smokers, what did you use to stop? Has any1 used the medication think its called champax. Or did any1 just go cold turkey
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »

I decided to challenge a friend to see if we could both stop smoking for a year.

So I got the Allen Carr book.

Despite the fact I had smoked for 55 years, having read that book, quitting the cigs was the easiest, most painless thing ever. No stress, no withdrawal symptoms, nothing. Easy peasy. The other person also succeeded just as easily.

Exactly one year later, to the day, having not missed smoking one little bit, I decided to start smoking again. It was (almost) the dumbest thing I ever done.

Get the book, you'll not regret it. Unless you are as dumb as me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

I'll get a copy, his books are all subliminal messages?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »

I'll get a copy, his books are all subliminal messages?

Not sure I'd put it that way, but that's part of it, yes.

What it does is show us the stupidity of the addiction - that we are enslaved to something. It owns us, it dictates our whole life. And so it suggests we might not WANT to have our lives controlled by an outside agency.

It certainly used clever messaging to help us picture smokers outside a shop, pub, or factory gate, often in the rain, having their little gasper in their silly little smoking shelter.

It did that so effectively, that within days, when I saw these sad groups huddled outside because of their addiction, I felt contempt for their sheer stupidity. The idiots.

When they leave home in the  morning, they have to remember their fags & lighter, too, & find some way to carry them around without making their pockets bulge. Not me, I quit that shit. I'm FREE.

Almost the only hard thing I found was not being rude, dismissive & most of all superior to those still smoking. I thought it though. You bloody stupid idiots, all enslaved to your stupid drug.

Makes you wonder how, exactly a year later, I decided to start again. How do these things happen?  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »

Fancy  a stop smoking bet:)
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

I went cold turkey. the first week was pretty tough but it got a lot easier after that. I stopped for 5 years but managed to start again a couple of years ago. Need to knock it on the head again soon, at £10 a pack near enough it's getting silly! Kerry gave up using champ nix which worked but she was really really moody and irrational (even more than usual😀) it was no fun .
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 12:41:23 PM »

Champix

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »

For all the ex smokers, what did you use to stop? Has any1 used the medication think its called champax. Or did any1 just go cold turkey

If you are going down the Champix route do some research first.
It has a huge success rate for those that don't get side effects, and the side effect rate was the highest ever for any "approved" medicine when it was originally licenced I believe.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »

Smoked for about 15 years ~30 a day, and just went cold turkey.

Helped that the first week I was plotted up in hospital. If you want to stop, you will.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »

Smoked for about 15 years ~30 a day, and just went cold turkey.

Helped that the first week I was plotted up in hospital. If you want to stop, you will.

That.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »

I'd be up for that.

Would rely on extreme honesty though.

Had one with Alex Martin a few years back, easiest £200 I ever made. I bought lots of gags with the money to celebrate, because I'm an idiot.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »

I'd be up for that.

Had one with Alex Martin a few years back, easiest £200 I ever made. I bought lots of gags with the money to celebrate, because I'm an idiot.

Move to the TMI thread, please.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 01:09:31 PM »

I'd be up for that.

Move to the TMI thread, please.

Oh my, that's good.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »

It's actually scarily easy to imagine celtic wearing one of those gags, like they had in Pulp Fiction.

It worries me though. How would he eat?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

Roll Eyes

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: