blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 222923 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »

Brilliant Dave  thumbs up

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »

sorry Dave, but I wanted a few more Devilfish stories!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »

Dave

FYI

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2016, 08:19:33 PM »

Dave - check your PM's please. (Urgent-ish).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »

Super write up Dave.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »

Arrived in vegas 3 days ago and I am FUCKING LOVING IT!!!

If you followed my blog back "in the day" (2010-2014) you'll know I have a real love affair with LV, I have made 7 trips here in total, 3 in the summer and 4 out of the summer and the pattern has been pretty reliable, done huge money every summer (bar one where I didnt do all that badly, but spent a fair bit on "VEGAS EXPERIENCES") and won pretty hefty every other time, you'd think that someone like me would sit down and think, meh maybe what i'm doing in the summer is not working.

Well I didn't! my last trip here was summer 2013 where i lost abso huge and it pretty brutal fashion, I won't repeat the details of the last game i played on here but flick back through this diary if you're interested Tongue

The minute i stepped foot back here it all came rushing back to me - the wins, the losses, the absolutely mind-bending head losses, the sheer lunacy of what i used to get up to and one big burning question...how the fuck did I ever afford it!! I always remember at the time, feeling like...I could genuinely afford it all - who knows! Anyways I had a blast here and wouldn't change anything, this is a special place for me and I'm over the fucking moon to be back.

First thing I did was go the Rio to see UK #1 money man Firaldo and collect some $, and saw the friendly face of 27x triple crown winner Chris Moorman on the table opposite, lovely. Met middy for dinner (don;t like to go over a month without seeing each other) went to La Cave then got straoght into dice tables! Ended poorly but many great moments were shared!!!

Actually not done all that much yet, a lot of eating, drinking, chilling by the pool - like a proper holiday!

Vivvvvvvvvvvvvvva

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »

I'm so happy at the prospect of a few "VEGAS EXPERIENCES" reports in the next week or so.

Good luck mate. Get it all!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2016, 06:03:59 PM »

I'm so happy at the prospect of a few "VEGAS EXPERIENCES" reports in the next week or so.

Good luck mate. Get it all!!!

+1

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2016, 06:59:02 PM »

yesssssss
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »

Hello!

Had a nice meal out of the blue the other day with Dan Carter and his lovely gf inspired me to check in with the good people of blonde.

Here's what i've been up to;

Vegas

Vegas, was absolutely amazing, I loved every second of it, I played poker just once, in the main event which I enjoyed thoroughly, saw loads of great people and good friends of mine who i hardly ever get to see, drank a lot, ate a lot, gambled like a lunatic and generally just touristed it up. Never had an actual holiday in vegas before and I have been hugely missing out. I was relaxed the whole time, never stressed or anxious honestly it was a revelation. I was kind of sceptical about how much id enjoy being there not to grind poker after that's what i know.

My birthday was particually awesome, me laura middy and charlotte (tom mac's gf) went to margeritaville to play craps - on this note margeritaville is by a long way my favorite place to gamble, give me margeritaville 1000 times before the venetian, pallazo, or even wynn/encore - so chilled, no grumpy pit bosses the dealers are all class and they seem to understand that I'm on holiday trying to have some fun. Somewhere in the midst of all the fancy chrome and incredible resort features wynn/encore/venetian/pallazo have kind of forgotten that gambling is entertainment... That's a view I've had on those places for a long time stemming back to some incidents in my early trips.

I had an incredibly proud moment for Laura when i was out there too...

We were in margeritaville gambling with Andreas (who'd just won an aria tourney for 250k) Mark Kelsall and Steve Warbs, i was taking control of the craps syndicate when i needed the toilet, i rushed there and back obviously didnt wanna miss any big hardways or points landing as i come back to the table i stop dead in my tracks and watch Laura screaming "full press change on hard 6" at the croupier...brought a tear to my eye it did. A few rolls later a hard 6 actually came in too...a truly wonderful vegas moment!

We went to see absinthye which iv seen before but would be pretty happy to watch 20 times, tournament of kings which me and laura enjoyed but the rest of the group weren't so keen on. The second to last meal was great as we got a $500 comp at Sushi Samba and after considering inviting someone to join us for all of about 75 seconds we decided we'd just go nuts ourselves... champagne, cocktails, i'd previously been dsuaded from the wagyu gyozas because laura doesn't eat meat but went straight in for them this time - was funny actually on the table next to us was a couple in the exact same spot (she doesn't eat meat) as soon as he saw my wagyu gyozas he just snap fucked off being a gent and ordered himself some.

I got to see the giant frog at wynn a few times (love that frog) and was pretty disappointed to come home, was railing middy so hard as a return trip to vegas in november would have been perfect. Been considering it anyway but Ash's wedding is in February next year and we're going to do thailand just before and thats shaping up to be a truly expensive trip, so I think i'v borrowed my mum's timeshare to do a quick october week in Tenerfire instead at about 5% of the cost Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »

Since coming home from vegas things have been pretty chaotic.

The restaurant has provided some huge challenges, given i had time in Vegas to actually sit and think things through I came back with lots of ideas for the restaurant and realised what it is i needed to do and the errors we'd been making so far. The style of the service in the USA, Vegas in particular is just pure class, our CUSTOMER SERVICE is really really good but this is the actual service, the staff need to know the menu back to front, the drinks need to be perfect and served the same every time etc. However my plans to put this into practice were jolted pretty quickly by things that had happened in my absense...

Firstly the office that do our book-keeping have been down in my absense and casued mayhem, this promted a spell of high tension between myself and my partners who are the ones who insist that we use their office, then we had a falling out over opening times, budgets, marketing, websites pretty much everything. People who know me well know i'm a very unconfrontational guy but sometimes you gotta fight over stuff, I conceded on a few points where they made good sense and then got my way on most of the other things.  The problems we have is that they are running 8 restaurants and i'm just running 1, tensions can get high and we have VERY different views on a lot of aspects. None of this matters really though as long as business blooms as a result.

My strategy with the staff has been a challenging one too, Ive invested a lot of faith into young and inexperienced people, trying to grow them into managers - the advantages to this are that i) you pay less wages, ii) you build a staff member to work in the way you like and iii) you gain some ingrained loyalty as you're the one who gave them the break. Strategy such as this though is not without it's problems, ego mixes with inexperience and this leads to some disputes, people do the job successfully under your supervision for a few months and now they believe genuinely that they are the finished article and should be paid the same as anyone else doing that job for 10+ years, it's a difficult conversation to have with someone you are trying to nuture to say "actually you are not there yet" you have to show some tough love sometimes, and of course the obvious one that you need to be on hand to pick up the pieces whenever things get a little OOH...

2 guys I really put faith into here, 1 is doing very very well and the other is not doing as well, I've taken the rather difficult decision to effectively demote him (bring someone else in above) it's been a tough one because the lad has really worked so hard and given it his all but he's just not there yet and on reflection it was too soon to make this move for him. I'm really hoping he'll respond positively to it and become stronger and stronger as a result.

Now Ive finally sorted that, and gotten August (traditionally awful month) out of the way I can finally start work on what i wanted to do after Vegas!

Just gonna spam some pictures at you now Wink

Cool picture of me in action;

We had a rockNroll band in last night was a brilliant evening, took 4x what we usually do on a tuesday!

Lobster on the menu

Charming some of our regular customers Wink

HAd people dancing too!

THe Bar Area

Finally got the website running too - after months of arguing about it, where the other two insisted that the restaurant go on their website www.thefishermanswife.co.uk titled as "street lane outlet" (eurgh) I have finally persuaded them to break the terms of our arrangement at the start - that it would be branded as fishermans wife and we've broken away totally from that and stand alone... Here is the new website, you'll see a slight improvement...

ww.thefishermanslodge.co.uk

It's a battle but a fun one Smiley

Outside of this my application for a gaming license is in! Had to jump through some pretty tiny hoops to prove i am a person of good standing, makes me think I should start standing a bit better Smiley
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:12:01 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 15, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »

Anyone got any Q's fire them at me, enjoyed the morning on blonde again Tongue

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »

What is the gaming licence for.

After hours gambling in the restaurant?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 15, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »

Ha - no, although what a great bloody idea!!!!

We are launching a betting site - after running a poker site for the last year we are taking the step up!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 15, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »

Ha - no, although what a great bloody idea!!!!

We are launching a betting site - after running a poker site for the last year we are taking the step up!

What's your betting site's USP?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: