blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 223501 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »

Great stories. Keep them coming please

Hopefully numbers #19 and#20 in the greatest hands list were just the amuse bouche, looking forward to the starter, main course, and especially the dessert.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2016, 11:32:33 AM »

Biggest Head Loss

This is a funny hand, contrary to popular opinion I was never that aggro at all, I am sure I was generally considered by people who played a lot with me online as being on the tighter side and despite my tendancy to play wayyyy too lose in live games I used to play in very splashy line ups where it was ok (kind of) to play like this, I'm sure today this probably wouldn't work as well. Anyway, I didn't tend to go in for the whole 3bet/5bet/7bet stuff - except this hand...where I completely lost my mind!

Hand is vs a player called David Diaz, who you might know because he only has 1 arm;

Anyone with a sharp memory might remember that our very own Rick Trigg finalled the bracelet event he won!

Anyway, we're playing 10/20 NL and the game is pretty wild and insanely deep, hardly anyone with under 15k, I think it's about 11pm and I've been sat in the same seat playing for over 12 hours, winning heaps (~25k iirc) have a great seat on the table and have been going decently mental for the past few hours.

*Don't really remember sizings that well going back about 4 or 5 yrs.

There were two VERY fun splashy players on both my direct right seats. 1 limps for 20 and the other makes it 100, I elect to make it 300 OTB with  - I wouldn't recommend this, I had my reasons at the time but they were not good ones lol.

Now David Diaz 4bets out of the big blind playing a bit over 30k to 700. Both the other two players fold, and now i've got my live reads on, confidence is high and i've decided now that he's fucking about with me, so I'm going for this pot Tongue but yeah obviously there was some range thinking and maths going on too

I 5bet to 2,200, he then 6bets to 4,800 (this is the only size in the hand I really remember) I was never a fan of these silly small PF raises in live games, bet like a man, play like a man, take it like a man was always my philosophy!

Events up to this point have not detered my determination to win the hand at all, I 7bet to 11,000. He calls. YEP. Calls! It's at this point in the hand I'm starting to think Ive run into it... Anyway, 550 big blinds in preflop with a Ten...and a Four.

Flop comes  loving my preflop play all of a sudden!

He checks, I decided to bet 3,500 and he goes all in. I call, at this point I'm now decently convinced he has ACES. Then he flips his cards over and it transpires he does not have Aces, he has  ....

The pot is 60k, or 3,000 big blinds and the whole table is obviously pretty keen to see what hands we both have...there was a few comments from a couple of players about the holdings being not what they expected to see !!!

At this point in my career I was never really running it twice, however...David is a real nice guy and I'm so far ahead, the hand has been a real head loss from the offset, Mose and Rutter both had a piece of me on this vegas trip and didn't fancy having to report to my friends and investors about the dusting of 30k with T4suited in a 7bet pot so I thought sure run it twice why not.

First run out came Q then paired the bottom card...

Second run came ACE...then... TEN Smiley so we chopped, but a fucking horrible sweat. I took my money back and vowed never again to do anything like that EVER...and I never did Smiley not in NLHE at least ....

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »

but it was sooooooooted Cheesy
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »

Great stories bro, keep em coming. Funny about the girls you met who baulked at your age which is what, late 20s? Try sidling up to a girl on the dancefloor in your 40's mate. They recoil in horror and reach for the pepper spray. Rather disconcerting. I mean when I was young I used to think women went for the older, powerful type, like JR Ewing. All very glamorous, very sexy, fast cars and fancy restaurants. In fact I couldn't wait to be "middle-aged" so I could swan around flirting with my secretary, the office juniors, even the lollipop lady. Just wanted to let people know that despite what we read in Dear Deidre the reality is younger girls tend to find older guys creepy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »

Great stories bro, keep em coming. Funny about the girls you met who baulked at your age which is what, late 20s? Try sidling up to a girl on the dancefloor in your 40's mate. They recoil in horror and reach for the pepper spray. Rather disconcerting. I mean when I was young I used to think women went for the older, powerful type, like JR Ewing. All very glamorous, very sexy, fast cars and fancy restaurants. In fact I couldn't wait to be "middle-aged" so I could swan around flirting with my secretary, the office juniors, even the lollipop lady. Just wanted to let people know that despite what we read in Dear Deidre the reality is younger girls tend to find older guys creepy.

Maybe its in your delivery?
Bet Brad never complains about such things.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

Just for clarity Brad is happily married to the girl next door and has exactly 2.4 American children.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2016, 05:12:43 PM »

When you get to my age, girls tend to regard you as harmless, safe, trustworthy even...   Smiley

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2016, 05:39:22 PM »

Hahaha the three of us are 28, 29 and 30. I'll tell you EXACTLY how it went down.

*General merryment, obviously some small social tension given that none of us really know each other but conversation is flowing nicely and I personally am reasonably enjoying the company with no reason to think anyone feels differently.

I can't exactly recall how the age topic got brought up, I think one of the girls mentions she is doing English Lit at UNI, I did this for my A-Level and have long standing interest in the topic, I think i made a comment like "it's probably different to when i did it" bearing in mind its nearly 11 years since i left school, promted them to ask how old we were and my friend answers honestly that he is 29...

Her face absolutely drops, mouth visibly open, it seemed as if they had never been in the presence of people quite so old in a bar before - I will preface this by saying we were in a student bar...during freshers week (which only as i type this does it sound a little creepy - we were just there for the quiz HONEST JUDGE!) anyways mood in the group shifted visibly after this revelation and the first time i've experienced such a thing.

Just wanted to let people know that despite what we read in Dear Deidre the reality is younger girls tend to find older guys creepy.

Yup

Try sidling up to a girl on the dancefloor in your 40's mate. They recoil in horror and reach for the pepper spray. Rather disconcerting.

Finally glad i wear glasses, might block some of it Smiley

This happens very rarely but once every so often I get into conversations with the younger guys at work, if i ever doubted just how late 20s i am this tends to hammer it home - for example did you all know if you refer to a girl as "Bum" that means she is hot (no idea before anyone asks!)

ANNNYWAY.

One of my two ancient companions ended up spending the night with one of the spring ckickens (I was unaware of this information when I posted it initially) so don't give up hope just yet you old bastards Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »

OFFER TO BLONDE

Click to see full-size image.

Just had 6 people cancel so got a few tickets available, would love to have some blonde people come down if anyone in Leeds!! I'll even knock you a few quid of the ticket!!!!

Message me!

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »

Mrs Long is a bit of a gin connoisseur lush, out of interest what gins are you serving?

Bit too far for us unfortunately :-(
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »

Mrs Long is a bit of a gin connoisseur lush, out of interest what gins are you serving?

Bit too far for us unfortunately :-(

Here's what we have on the menu;

Beefeater
Brockmans
Portabello road
Haymans Sloe
Gin Mare
Caoruun
Mahon Xogruier
Tanquery 10
Prof. Corneilius Old Tom
Hendricks

We have;

Monkey 47
Amplerforth Bathtub
Leeds Gin

on as specials.

Tomorrow nights will be a few extras as well as one of the suppliers is providing the gins and the expert, so they all have to be gins they sell!

Menu is this;

Course 1 = King Scallop, chorizo + onions with manchego (cheese) sauce
Course 2= Grilled asparagus with truffle vinigrette and homemade hollondaise
Course 3 = Beetroot cured salmon
Course 4= Slow cooked Lamb Henry
Course 5 = Lavender and Almond Creme Brulee

Should be tasty Smiley

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 21, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

Nice selection, the Monkey 47 is superb. Tanq Rangpur also great with fish.

<checks menu>

Bollocks, looks awesome. Good luck with the evening.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2016, 10:19:36 AM »

Most Owned I've Ever Been

One of the most beautiful things about poker is that 2 players can be in a hand, or game together and you'll be on such different planes of thought about the game that you can end up in a situation where the players in a hand are thinking about it completely differently and the loser of the hand has no idea if he's gotten really unlucky or just been totally owned, whilst the winner will almost certainly feel like a boss whereas in reality he probably wasn't.

I had one of these hands in Monte Carlo where I ended up on the losing side of the hand, wondering just how I lost the pot, why I lost quite so much and just how owned I got.

10/25 euro PLO.

Pretty sure it's a single raised pot, I'm in the big blind wth KQQ4 with hearts. Flop is J96 r and the original raiser, a belgium man called Rico who i have extensive history with from playing in Vegas with - we played some HUGE games in LV where he went on one of the sickest runs i've ever seen he literally broke about 3 or 4 pros during the carnage.

I just called and the turn was a small heart bringing me a flush draw, I checked and Rico pots it - now here comes a pretty important part of the hand, I have some pretty solid live tells on Rico, he goes half pot with draws and weak hands and then full pot with big hands, i'm willing to live and die by this one at this point, so when Rico pots it im figuring that all my draws are money shots if they hit. Problem is Rico is one to also wildly over value hands so strong hands to him here are like middle and bottom pair etc.

I call and the river is an 8, I check... there is 2000 in the pot and Rico bets 1000. SO he doesn't bet thin for value, he pots with big hands and despite the fact he does like to over-value all signs here point to being a bluff, I was tossing up between calling and raising and decided it was safer to raise so i raise to 5k and he literally beats me into the pot with AKKT with the turned nut flush draw.

"I knew you were going to do that" he said and smiled.

Did this guy REALLY just 1/2 pot the river on J 9 6 x 8 with KK planning to induce me to bluff with QQ? Seems so, I'll be going then...

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »

Gin night was a roaring success, 16 people, 11 of whom have never stepped foot in my restaurant before saw the place in it's absolute prime. Gins were brilliant and really interesting, food LOOKED great and out of 80 plates i'd say 75 of them came back spotless clean - we're going to have to put the price up next time Smiley.

I think one of the most important things about restaurants is the strategy behind them, so many really good places struggle and you really have to realise your weaknesses before you can understand your strengths. Making money from restaurants and being a restaurant that serves great food are not necessarily exclusive - lets take the most profitable restaurant chain in the world as a golden example...

Click to see full-size image.

Macdonalds have a pretty simple strategy, sell as many burgers as possible. When you only have a 75 seater restaurant you have one huge issue, and that is that you can only physically serve 70 customers at once - lets suppose 200 people wanna be my customer, I have to refuse hlf of them... So what's VERY important is that the 70 I have are spending enough money, that's why spend per head is so important, now we've gotten to £13.80 we have a real chance of success, the previous regime was £7.10 and thats why they struggled so badly, now all i need to do is find some more customers Smiley

The takeaway is such a huge help to this business it's unreal, its very easy to manage, very easy to control and margins are very consistent, it certainly isn't a money press but it lays a great foundation for the restaurant to build upon and thrive.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »

Gin Mare

Mahon Xogruier

Drank an awful lot of Xoriguer on holiday this year, thought it was very decent for the price.  Would be interested to try it over here, as in the past I've often gone on holiday and got stuck into the local tipple, bought a bottle home to find it is rough as a badger's backside back in Blighty.

Gin Mare undoubtedly rocketing to my fav drink atm, at the risk of tempting fate it seems to be hangover-free which is always handy.  Lots of differences of opinion on how to serve it, but through substantial trial and error, rosemary+orange peel+black pepper is the nuts.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: