blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Online MTT. What's our line?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online MTT. What's our line?  (Read 3708 times)
Newportlad

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »

There is a difference of opinion in my household on this one.  Would appreciate some feedback on this hand.

Online MTT

$8.80 Progressive Knock Out

2103 runners, 110 remain, 270 paid

blinds 800-1600/160

Hero stack 80,000    we have a bounty of $40 on us

Opponent stack 72,000  has a bounty of $30

Average is 60,000

Opponent has been 3 betting a lot stats: 29/18/17

Hero is the button and raises to 4800 with 

Opponent in the small  blind 3 bets to 11,200

What would you do?
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »

I would go all in
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »

I would probably shove. You are never in great shape when called obviously but in this spot you get LOADS of folds and you still flip against AK and AQ type hands and win the bounty (so your EV is slightly better). I may not shove if I did that a couple of times to him in the last few rounds in the same kind of spot but probably would not make the opening raise if that was the case.

Why 3x preflop btw? Is there a reason for this, you can just min raise here or maybe just a little over min.

Shove > Fold > Call
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 10:49:36 PM »

Feels pretty marginal to me.  33 isn't beating his range and we are getting 45 big blinds in.  We are in position too.  Maybe we can shove properly, but it feels like calling is better than shoving to me.  Would be intersted in his cbet percentages and sizes.  He looks the sort who may get his whole stack in with zero equity.

Would feel far happier with 77 or 88. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:10:18 AM »

If we call we're guessing on any flop which doesn't have a three in it. Probably folding to a c-bet too.

Assuming it's been folded to us then a smaller raise here makes the decision easier when we face a 3bet which should also then be smaller (assuming villain is just clicking).

I want to see all the cards or none of them. I'm leaning towards none.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:10:30 AM »

Feels pretty marginal to me.  33 isn't beating his range and we are getting 45 big blinds in.  We are in position too.  Maybe we can shove properly, but it feels like calling is better than shoving to me.  Would be intersted in his cbet percentages and sizes.  He looks the sort who may get his whole stack in with zero equity.

Would feel far happier with 77 or 88. 

why would you feel far happier with 77? do you think he 3bc hands that have way better equity against 77 than 33? if anything id rather flat 88 and jam 33.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:46:10 AM »

Against this type of opponent shouldn't we have a plan before we open?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 11:10:39 AM »

Against someone 3betting 17% on average at a full ring table we can presume he is 3betting more than that from the small blind and because of this we should just go all in. He can't be calling wider than 4% or so so just get the lot in an capitalise on our opponents obvious mistake with his ranges. My only concern with this is that when we 3x his 3bet % is actually way lower than normal. Unfortunately I can't really help on the forum and you've just got to decide in game.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »

Against someone 3betting 17% on average at a full ring table we can presume he is 3betting more than that from the small blind and because of this we should just go all in. He can't be calling wider than 4% or so so just get the lot in an capitalise on our opponents obvious mistake with his ranges. My only concern with this is that when we 3x his 3bet % is actually way lower than normal. Unfortunately I can't really help on the forum and you've just got to decide in game.

What hands do you raise/jam then? Surely a fuckload?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »

What hands do you raise/jam then? Surely a fuckload?

I'd play a mixed strategy of limping playable hands I don't want to face a 3 bet with especially as our stack size is so awkward. I think this is a better adjustment than 4 betting everything but it's hard to know without seeing his common sizes etc. I mean our opponent is playing a pretty exploitable strategy, we know he is unbalanced so the game should be easy. (we don't have a sample size so this is more theoretical than specific to this particular hand)

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. So yeah, get involved, a fuckload seems like so decent amount.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: