blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:49:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread  (Read 41221 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2015, 10:16:18 AM »

Human props tomorrow night

Ugh.

Forced over-excitement about going to faded Northern seaside twon

Ugh.

Not a bit. Blackpool Tower Ballroom is Wembley Stadium for ballroom dancing. Huge amount of history and will be nervy for the pros as much as the contestants.

The reason for the other dancers is, I think, because the floor is bigger and most of the couples simply can't cover it. It has a springier floor - much springier - and that will show up technical faults more prominently.

Peter is going to look terrible doing his jive. He'll have to body pop his way out of trouble to get votes.

Katie will be fine with Anton. Could easily be a big score if she has straightened her legs a bit more than I saw in the early week footage. Pushing more on the first beat and extending her legs will give her more drive and she will naturally cover more of the floor. Anton could probably do another 50% on each step. Longer steps get more rise and fall, too.

I hope it's not another Charleston at the top. One of the traditional dances, please.

+1

A Charleston at the top would make a mockery of the whole show.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »

Jay might be a price at 9/2 for top scorer. He will probably enjoy the salsa like he did the jive and it's an excellent song for the dance. His footage on Tuesday showed him getting to grips with the technique and we know his latin feet are good.

Anita at 2/1 feels too short, as there's a decent chance of a tie at the top. She makes wonderful shapes and has a decent song to perform to. Kevin was top at Blackpool last year with his Paso with Susanna Reid.

It'd be lovely to see a ballroom dance go top, but the judges' rotation policy means Georgia won't be top and Jamelia is a no-channer. Katie is short enough at 9/2, as her steps weren't big enough and she was taking her feet off the floor too much in her training footage. Kellie is more popular with the judges than the public (do BBC viewers not watch Eastenders anymore?), but it's another bizarre piece of music (Dolly Parton quickstep if you please - how are you supposed to pick out quicks and slows out of that?) and it's impossible to see an amateur keeping all the necessary pieces in check (frame, posture, timing, flow, technique) throughout the dance. I can only assume she said from the outset she wouldn't be doing the tour! It's a shame. I still consider her to be the best all round dancer, but she is being skuppered completely by terrible songs and overcomplicated routines.

Peter is so far back on his heels he looks like he's about to topple backwards. You have to have your weight forward in latin dances. You have to know that by this point in the comp, Peter!

Jamelia to go after a dance off with...Peter.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »

So what happened last night?

Read all the previews, wake up Sunday morning to see how it all turned out - nothing.

Report please by one of the hardcore SCD fans - Tal, Tighty, Doobs, or Camel.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

Read all the previews, wake up Sunday morning to see how it all turned out - nothing.

I can't say, but was controversial on digital spy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »

Thought Aita was excellent last night

with the public's love of the "journey" and her vast improvement can she win it, and go past jay and georgia?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »

A very high standard overall without a standout dance. The judges put Georgia top again, which was a little surprising but not an injustice by any means.

I'll say this quietly but I think Jay was a touch undermarked. His hips were fabulous and it was a very natural, simple salsa danced well to good music.

Peter was terrible. Very much deserved to be bottom. He must have struggled badly with the dance because Janette gave him very little jive content to do and his kick ball changes were rotten. It was Jeremy Vine stuff at times. I suspect the Digital Spy mob are in force about that but they're all wrong if so. Smiley

Helen surprised me because she struggled. The judges were kind but not hideously unfairly so. Kellie excellent again (have we seen a bad dance from her yet? No one seems to care but the most consistent performer and often doing so uphill because of difficult choreography and terrible music). Katie nice but not sensational. Her best dance nevertheless.

No one covered the floor well but we suspected that would be the case.

Thought Anita was excellent last night

with the public's love of the "journey" and her vast improvement can she win it, and go past jay and georgia?

It really helps to have a good song. Her best dance, no question, although didn't deserve more than she got.

We need to see how Jay copes with a new ballroom dance, as that will determine whether he can win on talent, as we know he has votes aplenty.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2015, 08:49:39 PM »

Allegedly they edited in the standing ovation for Peter.  Everyone just sat down first time. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2015, 09:03:27 PM »

Allegedly they edited in the standing ovation for Peter.  Everyone just sat down first time. 

Blimey.

He has come across to me as being completely genuine. Not my cup of tea by any means but doesn't strike me as being two faced or anything other than he looks on screen. I don't think I've seen anything else with him in so maybe others know a lot differently.

He was the worst dancer over the weekend and was certainly worse than Jamelia in the dance off. I don't particularly mind Jamelia going on a week she did well; she's had a great innings and wasn't going to win so ending on a high is nice.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »

Peter seems to me to be a robot that learned about emotions from watching other people and can't quite replicate them properly, so everything is just a little bit 'off'.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »

i couldn't see how, on the basis of the dance off performances alone, Peter stayed. I don't like Jamelia, but at least she did the dance intended. Peter didnt jive as much as recreate a pop video

My eyes are open wide
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »

Peter seems to me to be a robot that learned about emotions from watching other people and can't quite replicate them properly, so everything is just a little bit 'off'.

lol, +1. 

I struggled to describe him but the above is spot on.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »

i couldn't see how, on the basis of the dance off performances alone, Peter stayed. I don't like Jamelia, but at least she did the dance intended. Peter didnt jive as much as recreate a pop video

Digital Spy and the BBC blog are in meltdown.  Talk of edited out gasps from the studio audience, forced ovations and edited out sections after Len had contradicted the other judges on iplayer.  James Jordan has predictably weighed in, but so has Arlene Philips.  There is a dance off poll on DS where Jamelia had a 10-1 lead this morning.  I don't think it is a popularity thing either, before Saturday I think it would be fair to say they were equally unpopular. 

Love the robot comment Andrew T.

Is Peter confirmed for the live show?

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »

Digital Spy and the BBC blog are in meltdown.  Talk of edited out gasps from the studio audience, forced ovations and edited out sections after Len had contradicted the other judges on iplayer.  James Jordan has predictably weighed in, but so has Arlene Philips.  There is a dance off poll on DS where Jamelia had a 10-1 lead this morning.  I don't think it is a popularity thing either, before Saturday I think it would be fair to say they were equally unpopular. 

Love the robot comment Andrew T.

Is Peter confirmed for the live show?

I'm not one to get worked up about light entertainment, but it was a tad ridiculous. He was truly awful and there was a real sense of "well he's got to stay, but we're not happy about it" from everyone, including Peter. His comment about "I'm sorry it's Jamelia" was weird, as he was basically saying I'm staying so feel bad she has to go.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »

A very high standard overall without a standout dance. The judges put Georgia top again, which was a little surprising but not an injustice by any means.

I'll say this quietly but I think Jay was a touch undermarked. His hips were fabulous and it was a very natural, simple salsa danced well to good music.

Peter was terrible. Very much deserved to be bottom. He must have struggled badly with the dance because Janette gave him very little jive content to do and his kick ball changes were rotten. It was Jeremy Vine stuff at times. I suspect the Digital Spy mob are in force about that but they're all wrong if so. Smiley

Helen surprised me because she struggled. The judges were kind but not hideously unfairly so. Kellie excellent again (have we seen a bad dance from her yet? No one seems to care but the most consistent performer and often doing so uphill because of difficult choreography and terrible music). Katie nice but not sensational. Her best dance nevertheless.

No one covered the floor well but we suspected that would be the case.

Thought Anita was excellent last night

It really helps to have a good song. Her best dance, no question, although didn't deserve more than she got.

We need to see how Jay copes with a new ballroom dance, as that will determine whether he can win on talent, as we know he has votes aplenty.

Do you think she's that good? I was getting the impression the judges were over marking here to make her a "contender". She's never bad, but never really blows you away.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »

the public, and the shows producers it has to be said, love a journey. no dance experience, plucky underdog, plenty of bbc exposure to promote

the chris hollins winner was the classic

suppose jay and georgia are nailed on for the final 4. could see anita being in it. then its wide open

think i see andre falling short, katie being impaled on the spike of an anton latin horror show and kellie the screecher falling short too

Helen the midwife is an odd one. I finally twigged it last night, she has an air of permanent surprise that is just very off-putting.

yet another contestant i haven't warmed to this year

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: