blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread  (Read 40200 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »

Anita and Gleb are dancing the Rumba to ‘Read All About It’ by Emelie Sande.
    Georgia and Giovanni will perform the Paso Doble to Europe’s epic soft rock anthem ‘The Final Countdown’.
    Helen and Aljaž perform the Viennese Waltz to the beautiful ‘At Last’ by Etta James.
    Jay and Aliona are performing the Tango to the Prince classic ‘When Doves Cry’.
    Katie and Anton will dance the Argentine Tango to Ástor Piazzolla’s ‘Libertango’.
    Kellie and Kevin will Salsa to the poptastic ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackon 5.
    And Peter and Janette are going to dance the American Smooth to the soulful ‘Sweetest Feeling’ by the great Jackie Wilson.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/strictly-come-dancing/12014949/Now-Ola-Jordans-out-who-should-win-Strictly.html

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »

Tighty,

How did your bit of SCD trolling go - did you get a bite?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »

unfortunately my comment was the third lowest rated of 554 posts and i was told i was on another planet

Very upsetting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/a6092624-0dcb-4dce-8752-d6e699f3d5d3#comments

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »

Thank you for the suggested SCD questions for the Jake Wood guest appearance.

I'm not exactly Paxman, & the show tone & mood is relaxed, so I run the questions past Jake before the Show. He was a tad cool as to the GEICO Gecko stuff, so I swerved that, but he loved the SCD questions & we got 5 or 6 minutes of chat from it.

On the whole, it really looked like I had done my homework, but I probably over-reached a shade when I mentioned Brucie as the Host. Apparently he's not the host any more.  How did I not notice that, especially as I claimed to be an avid watcher?

Incidentally, I was not aware of those GEICO ads - they are excellent, most amusing. If you have an hour to waste enjoyably, go to You Tube & search for "GEICO Ad compilations".

Jake was good fun, too. Big Arsenal fan, so an ideal night for him to be around. We swapped a few Arsenal stories, he's a big Wenger fan, & it turned out we had both met & chatted with Charlie George, but he surprised me by suggesting that Charlie had done a bit of bird. Lord knows how I miss these things.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

unfortunately my comment was the third lowest rated of 554 posts and i was told i was on another planet

Very upsetting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/a6092624-0dcb-4dce-8752-d6e699f3d5d3#comments

Ha, every bone in your body crushed then, right?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2015, 11:56:08 AM »

496. Posted by bobdee on23 Nov 2015 13:04

We have just seen the most disgraceful, disgusting decision ever on SCD. We now have to move on. I certainly don't want a judge on to explain the disgrace by peddling us lies and taking us for bigger fools than they already have.

If Peter had any decency he would withdraw.

I had no idea Camel followed the Strictly blog.

Particularly like "we now have to move on" before not moving on.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2015, 12:08:08 PM »

496. Posted by bobdee on23 Nov 2015 13:04

We have just seen the most disgraceful, disgusting decision ever on SCD. We now have to move on. I certainly don't want a judge on to explain the disgrace by peddling us lies and taking us for bigger fools than they already have.

If Peter had any decency he would withdraw.

I had no idea Camel followed the Strictly blog.

Particularly like "we now have to move on" before not moving on.

Hello not sure if you missed my question earlier, but are you a dancer at all? Not trolling just genuinely curious as you seem very well informed.

Tyvm
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: November 25, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »

Anita and Gleb are dancing the Rumba to ‘Read All About It’ by Emelie Sande.
    Georgia and Giovanni will perform the Paso Doble to Europe’s epic soft rock anthem ‘The Final Countdown’.
    Helen and Aljaž perform the Viennese Waltz to the beautiful ‘At Last’ by Etta James.
    Jay and Aliona are performing the Tango to the Prince classic ‘When Doves Cry’.
    Katie and Anton will dance the Argentine Tango to Ástor Piazzolla’s ‘Libertango’.
    Kellie and Kevin will Salsa to the poptastic ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackon 5.
    And Peter and Janette are going to dance the American Smooth to the soulful ‘Sweetest Feeling’ by the great Jackie Wilson.

Peter going last? Or is that a random order?

Kellie and Helen at the top based on those song choices. Based on that Katie being eliminated seems like value to me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »

no idea if that is the order

think the time is nearly up for Katie, sadly

Peter, post controversy, has to be a reasonable shout to go this week. the public are going to keep him out of the bottom 2?

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »

The song list is in alphabetical order.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »

no idea if that is the order

think the time is nearly up for Katie, sadly

Peter, post controversy, has to be a reasonable shout to go this week. the public are going to keep him out of the bottom 2?

I think you must mean that Peter looks a near cert for bottom 2 after last week.  He really wasn't popular before and voices of support for him after last week have been very thin on the ground (bar the odd troll Wink).   4/1 is available in a fair few places and looks a must bet to me.  Don't think how he dances matters too much, unless he tops the leaderboard he looks a near cert for the dance off and he isn't likely to face anybody much worse.  Suspect a few of those judges are feeling a bit guilty too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2015, 10:40:10 AM »

there is a ballroom quickstep-a-thon as part of this weekend. all seven couples on the floor at once, finishing positions count as part of judges scores

this has always put male celebs at a disadvantage from the off, as they struggle to manoeuvre past other couples and display "ringcraft". with only two blokes left in, it doesnt bode well for Peter...

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »

there is a ballroom quickstep-a-thon as part of this weekend. all seven couples on the floor at once, finishing positions count as part of judges scores

this has always put male celebs at a disadvantage from the off, as they struggle to manoeuvre past other couples and display "ringcraft". with only two blokes left in, it doesnt bode well for Peter...

Was going to post about this later in the week but yes. 

Favours Kevin and Anton above all, as experienced, preferred ballroom dancers, though Aljaž should be good, too. All the pros will be fine but it's a small floor for seven couples. Obviously gets easier over time.

Bear in mind Peter is doing a foxtrot American Smooth, which has a lot of the same technique and steps as the quickstep. That's basically the only thing in his favour, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: November 27, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »

Was going to post about this later in the week but yes. 

Favours Kevin and Anton above all, as experienced, preferred ballroom dancers, though Aljaž should be good, too. All the pros will be fine but it's a small floor for seven couples. Obviously gets easier over time.

Bear in mind Peter is doing a foxtrot American Smooth, which has a lot of the same technique and steps as the quickstep. That's basically the only thing in his favour, though.

Strictly loves a bounce-back though doesn't it? Peter to return triumphant to the top of the leader board and Katie to go out. Heard it here first.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: