blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535892 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: August 07, 2016, 09:47:59 PM »

Fascinating.  Watch this if you can see the replay. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 08, 2016, 04:14:35 AM »

I'm watching the Weightlifting at the Olmpics on the Red Button.  These little woman, it really is incredble how strong they are. 

To put into perspective, the snatch that took first place in the womans 53Kg class was equal to the Scottish/British Men's senior record in the 56kg class that has stood for around 20 years.  The lifter who done that was well known to have been on PEDS. 

The total record for a British male lifter is 220kg, I can't see the little Chinese girl being far off that. 

I'll be chuffed if I can get to 220kg on the leg press, at 100kg Cheesy

All have to be juiced to the gills.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 08, 2016, 07:35:44 AM »

I think a fair few will have been, just looking at the technique it must be near to impossible to lift weights that heave with such bad technique without using PEDS. 

Although the young Latvian girl impressed me, technically very good. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 08, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »

I was back up to 120kg for the bench press this morning for 5 reps. Also managed 46kg incline DB press for 6 reps which were pretty easy. Really pleased with these numbers especially the DB shortly after the bench.

I've now had a full two weeks off press ups and the arm/shoulder seems fully recovered so I'll be back on those tonight. Being so far ahead of my 25k target means that the injury break hasn't been a problem at all. I'm on 16182 for the year and still over 1000 ahead of where I need to be. I was 2300 ahead this time last month so I need to get back on these if I want to hit my original goal.

In comparison to the upper body stuff leg progress is really slow for me. I'm still at 80kg for squats and no real sign of improvement. I'm not too fussed until I hear that Sean is squatting 3.5 plates and I get a little bit sick.... Seriously can't imagine ever doing that amount of weight for a squat. To be honest if you told me I had to shift 160kg and I could pick whatever exercise I wanted to do it on I'd go for bench ahead of squat or even deadlift.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 08, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »

I think a fair few will have been, just looking at the technique it must be near to impossible to lift weights that heave with such bad technique without using PEDS. 

Although the young Latvian girl impressed me, technically very good. 

Is the 220kg total you mentioned for two separate lifts? I assume snatch and then the clean and jerk?

How the hell can an 8.5st girl even roll that along the floor never mind lift it above her head? Just doesn't seem real even with all the PEDs in the world.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 08, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

Yeah the winner actually totalled 212kg because the Chinese girly bombed out the comp, it really was super viewing. 

Chinese lifter opened at 124kg in C&J but caught the bar on the wind pipe the lifter who'd come out early at 112kg and who had set a total pushed the bar to 125kg meaning the Chinese lifter was forced to move up to get recovery time and because the other girl had set a total and was guaranteed silver she set the bar higher meaning the Chinese girl had to lift at her max with 40 seconds rest  and although she cleaned it she missed the jerk. 

Had Chinese girl opened at 115 or 120 she would have won it easily. 
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 08, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »

Week 8 of T25 finished commenced Week 9 today, no weigh in and no measuring.

Did 2 press up session and 2 Abs session on top of the above.

Monday press up's to collapse 18,  up from 8 in week one.

2 x press up session, 11 ( 10 last week) 110 secs rest, ( 120 last week)  x 5 reps.  So increased by 1 press up  10 % Smiley and reduced the rest time by 10 secs.

Started week 9 today, press ups to collapse 23 (18 last week), T 25 session then press up session 12 this time , again up by 1, time reduced by 10 secs to 100 secs.  Almost collapsed at the end of reps 4 and 5 so found this very tough.   Pleased that I am up to 23 from a start of 8 almost half way to my target of 50 .

Gl guys
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 08, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »

Nice work Steve, well done mate Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 08, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »

Back

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns - 3r @ 75kg + 3ass

T-Bar Row - 2r @ 50kg + 3ass

Close Grip Seated Row - 5r @ 60kg + 2ass

Straight Bar Cable Pullovers - 2r @ 64kg + 2ass

BB Bent Over Row - 8r @ 40kg + 2 ass

Back

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns - 5r @ 75kg + 4ass

T-Bar Row - 4r @ 50kg + 3ass

Close Grip Seated Row - 6r @ 60kg + 3ass

Iso Hammer Row - 5r @ 30kg + 3ass (per side)

BB Bent Over Row - 6r @ 45kg + 3 ass

Strength back to where it was pre vegas almost, and hopefully things will settle now that I'm back in a steadier routine all around.

Just need to get stuck back into my diet properly, and start chopping some more off my belly Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 08, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 6r @ 70kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 6r @ 25kg + 2ass

Inc DB Flies - 8r @ 15kg +3ass

Inc Hammer Press - 4r @ 30kg + 1ass (per side)

Biceps

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 6r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 4r @ 30kg + 3ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 7r @ 15kg + 3ass

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 7r @ 70kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 9r @ 25kg

Inc DB Flies - 10r @ 15kg +2ass

Inc Hammer Press - 4r @ 30kg + 1ass (per side)

Biceps

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 8r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 5r @ 30kg + 2ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 7r @ 15kg + 2ass

Slight improvement on most exercises, but I tired at the end, which was prob down to speeding through as I had to get home for UPS.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 08, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

Crazy numbers in the WL, I just don't know what to make of it with all the PEDs so not overly interested, but either way the skill level is just unreal.

Obv loving some of the gymnastics on now.

New training split, just changing it up slightly. Major lifts are 2x5 then 2x8, I may change the 2x5 to 2x3 if I get some confidence with it all. Main lifts being Squat, Front Squat, Seated Shoulder Press, Rack Pull.

Hit 2x5 110kg for the Squat today. First set was pretty bad and didn't feel great, second set felt amazing but tapped the safety pin on the last one and it completely put me off so missed the last. Then a good 2x8 at 90kg.

Looking forward to some seated shoulder tomorrow. Only had it once I think as my main pressing movement, that was nearly three years ago I think. No idea what numbers I will be posting. Going to go in tomorrow and try 60 (lol meathead) and take it from there.

@Matt just as you couldn't imagine squatting X. I cannot ever imagine shoulder pressing 46s. I am doing 5x8 DB Bench one of the says, I will be thrilled if I can get every set out at 40!

Top work Mark and Steve.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 09, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »

Crazy numbers in the WL, I just don't know what to make of it with all the PEDs so not overly interested, but either way the skill level is just unreal.

New training split, just changing it up slightly. Major lifts are 2x5 then 2x8, I may change the 2x5 to 2x3 if I get some confidence with it all. Main lifts being Squat, Front Squat, Seated Shoulder Press, Rack Pull.

Hit 2x5 110kg for the Squat today. First set was pretty bad and didn't feel great, second set felt amazing but tapped the safety pin on the last one and it completely put me off so missed the last. Then a good 2x8 at 90kg.

Looking forward to some seated shoulder tomorrow. Only had it once I think as my main pressing movement, that was nearly three years ago I think. No idea what numbers I will be posting. Going to go in tomorrow and try 60 (lol meathead) and take it from there.

@Matt just as you couldn't imagine squatting X. I cannot ever imagine shoulder pressing 46s. I am doing 5x8 DB Bench one of the says, I will be thrilled if I can get every set out at 40!

Top work Mark and Steve.

What position are you starting the press from?

Glad to see someone else in the universe pings the rails on the squat. Ass-to-grass problems, you know.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 09, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »

Really good work, dedication and commitment from everyone in this thread. Keep going guys.

I've had to bow out for a week with a chest infection. Really annoying as I was just starting to post some pretty decent numbers again, and now it hurts to even stand up!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 10, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »

Top work Mark and Steve.

What position are you starting the press from?

Glad to see someone else in the universe pings the rails on the squat. Ass-to-grass problems, you know.

Completely put me off, don't know how the strongman guys do it with the circus barbell.

Position of the shoulder press? As in hands? I am seated so start it from the top, bit of an awkward un rack, but manageable.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 10, 2016, 10:58:53 AM »

Pressing went pretty well yesterday:

2x5 60kg, pretty comfortable
2x8 40kg, very comfortable.

Looking to bring the 2x8 up to 60, and anywhere over 70 for the 5's would be great.

5x8 DB press 30kg, felt really good to go a bit lighter and focus on the movement. I might stick at this weight for a bit, and really try to hit 40 quality reps and not just moving from A to B.

Likewise with the t bar row, 5x8 50kg. Really good to drop it and work a little bit on technique and not just throwing weight around.

I think I am going through that stage where I am remodelling everything slightly, and focuses on technique much much more. Its 5-6 months down the line with the squat and really feeling the benefits with it now, so more than happy to do that on other movements. 

Had a rough track of my KCALs yesterday and a 'standard' day (that is if i don't eat anything else) is about 3,200 KCALs

Pro- 230
Fat- 100
Carb- 350

Realistically its probably around the 3,500-3,800 mark as I normally will eat something extra in a day cos i'm greedy.

Added the walking back in, so body composition has been pretty consistent lately, so pretty pleased with all that. No idea what I weigh, probably around the 90-92 mark at a guess, but couldn't really careless right now, just focusing on quality training and enjoying not feeling too hungry.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: