blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:29:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534767 times)
Pokitren
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: October 29, 2021, 10:22:06 AM »

Think you mean Harvey (iraise)

Harvey was still here in the summer, and doing well, from memory.

So had a really up and down few months at the gym. My main aim leading up to my 30th was to be as lean as I could which I fell a little short of as the old social life became a little too hectic, but I am still really pleased with the results. Hit some lifetime PBs along with way too.

2x6 DL at 180kg (around 83kg BW) was the highlight although i blacked out a touch at the top (stopping me getting the 3rd set) and ended up straining my rotator cuff a little, which meant 3 weeks not being able to do any pull movements, but managed to still get in the gym and work round it.
Also managed 3x12 with the 40s on the flat bench, and again that didnt feel that hard either.
Built up to pull ups with 18kg for , but those have taken a back seat
Yesterday managed 3x8 60kg for OHP which again I think is a lifetime PB.

So so mad to think I can do that now, and other than a few days hasn't taken that much out of me. Even tentatively got back into handstands.

How is everyone else getting on?

I read about your achievements - and I wonder. You really have done a lot, and achieved quite good results. Bravo! Way to go, and may everything be great!

Did you take any medications or only on willpower?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: October 29, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

Think you mean Harvey (iraise)

Harvey was still here in the summer, and doing well, from memory.

So had a really up and down few months at the gym. My main aim leading up to my 30th was to be as lean as I could which I fell a little short of as the old social life became a little too hectic, but I am still really pleased with the results. Hit some lifetime PBs along with way too.

2x6 DL at 180kg (around 83kg BW) was the highlight although i blacked out a touch at the top (stopping me getting the 3rd set) and ended up straining my rotator cuff a little, which meant 3 weeks not being able to do any pull movements, but managed to still get in the gym and work round it.
Also managed 3x12 with the 40s on the flat bench, and again that didnt feel that hard either.

So so mad to think I can do that now, and other than a few days hasn't taken that much out of me. Even tentatively got back into handstands.

I read about your achievements - and I wonder. You really have done a lot, and achieved quite good results. Bravo! Way to go, and may everything be great!

Did you take any medications or only on willpower?

Thank you, I assume this is a steroid question, but I am quite proud to say I am lifetime drug free. I did intend on looking into HRT in my 40s, which I still do, but I can't really risk taking any PEDs now. I am sure there is a protocol somewhere that would work, but I am not to keen on the trial and error. In terms of medication post haemorrhage I don't anything prescribed drugs regularly. I still take migraine meds as and when needed.

I am very pro HRT under a medically trained Dr's supervision though. I really see the potential benefits there if one was to choose, although the choice shouldn't be taken lightly.

Around the will power, I am actually a pretty lazy person, I just enjoy the gym, but I can only really go 4 times max or I get burnt out. I am just lucky enough I got to learn from some very smart people so my programming is normally pretty effective. I don't naturally move very well, but again I have some very intelligent coaches around me that hep with queues and positioning.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: October 29, 2021, 04:57:12 PM »

That's some really strong work mate especially at 83kg BW

I've given up on squat and deadlift again unfortunately. I keep injuring myself every time I try so I now just do leg extensions and curls to keep a bit of shape.

Chest movements are going really well which you'd expect as they get most of my focus. 140kg paused singles are now pretty easy and I'm aiming for 150kg on Sunday. Feels like I'll get it easy enough but that extra 10kg is a bit intimidating with the pause...... Never quite sure if it's going to get going again once it stops  Cheesy

DB inclines are up to 50s for nice easy sets of 6 to 8 and I'm now able to do DB shoulder press again although only up to about 36kg for sets of 10 never pushing to failure.

Would be interesting to try OHP again as I haven't done those for ages. I checked my old records and your 60kg for 8 beats my rep PR. Feels like I should be able to press more now that my bench has improved and also now I'm doing DB presses again. Might give it a whirl in the next few weeks.

I did have to ask my housemate to add it up with me to make sure I wasn't getting ahead of myself for OHP. But really happy with it, it felt quite smooth too, and in the past I have been guilty of rolling back strongman style, but at the minute I haven't used the belt for anything for about 3-4 months. So all OHP and DL has been belt free and lower back has been fine, hasn't even been stiff the next day.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 01, 2021, 10:31:50 AM »

Some of you may remember a while back I was lamenting having to buy 36-inch waist trousers after my weight had ballooned to 13-stone+.

Today I finally achieved my target weight of 11st 7lbs 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 01, 2021, 03:50:20 PM »

Great effort, Ralph!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 01, 2021, 11:37:09 PM »

Some of you may remember a while back I was lamenting having to buy 36-inch waist trousers after my weight had ballooned to 13-stone+.

I think about it regularly mate believe it or not. Congratulations on the awesome work, you must be really pleased with yourself.

How did you go about it? Just little changes over time or something drastic?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 02, 2021, 12:22:49 AM »

I think about it regularly mate believe it or not. Congratulations on the awesome work, you must be really pleased with yourself.

He only pigged out when Arsenal won Smiley

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:19 AM »

The most drastic thing was cutting out the daily wine-drinking.

It did take me eighteen months or more so it's been about eating sensibly most of the time and plenty of hacking it around the back nine.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 04, 2021, 07:38:49 AM »

Great stuff. The best type of weight loss is slow and sustainable through lifestyle change. Keep it up!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 10, 2021, 05:06:28 PM »

Love to see it, congrats.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 10, 2021, 05:07:44 PM »

The most drastic thing was cutting out the daily wine-drinking.

It did take me eighteen months or more so it's been about eating sensibly most of the time and plenty of hacking it around the back nine.

Played 63 holes over the weekend and down 2kg, I can confirm zig zagging around a golf course is a great way to get steps in, and lose ££ in balls.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 10, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »

Still haven't been to the gym, and still ~205lbs.

Retired until 2021, now I know Vegas is a go. I will probably hit the gym once at each hotel, just to compare them for the summer.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: December 08, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »

How is everyone getting on? That time of the year when food is everywhere and the Strongman is on TV! Can't wait to watch this year, I haven't really followed much so I cant remember who's won what/what records have been broken, so really looking forward to this.

Given myself a little 'easier' program for a few months. I have taken out squats and DLs. and added in front squats and smith machine squats and RDLs with a little more volume across other days. Sitting between 83-85 most days which is pretty good, no doubt this is going to push the 86-89 mark over Xmas.

For the first time in a long time this block has a little more pressing focus. Not necessarily for strength but more size, my chest is definitely under developed compared to my back shoulder and arms. Really want to build up to 8's on the bench at 100, but this is still a long way off. OHP is 3x8 at 60 though which is a lifetime PB.

I am managing 4x10-12 at 40kg for the DBs which again is really pleasing, although annoyingly the 3x8 is still stuck at 42, just can't seem to get the last few reps on the last set.

Slowly creeping towards unassisted handstands again too, which is definitely something I didn't think I would be able to do again.

Let's hope we can all put some extra KCALs to good use this month.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 08, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »

Back under 120kg for the first time in probably over a decade.  Lost over 20kg since the first lockdown chaos and haven't been fitter cardio wise since my basketball days 20+ years ago.   Maintaining muscle mass whilst losing fat is tough but i have been doing this slowly over the past 6 months.    Target is 105kg by the summer whilst maintaining my current 81kg level of lean mass.  Doing 5 intense cardio sessions a week now alongside 3 weights sessions.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: December 08, 2021, 02:55:16 PM »

Back under 120kg for the first time in probably over a decade.  Lost over 20kg since the first lockdown chaos and haven't been fitter cardio wise since my basketball days 20+ years ago.   Maintaining muscle mass whilst losing fat is tough but i have been doing this slowly over the past 6 months.    Target is 105kg by the summer whilst maintaining my current 81kg level of lean mass.  Doing 5 intense cardio sessions a week now alongside 3 weights sessions.

That sounds a pretty tough schedule!! Great stuff though, and a pretty realistic set of numbers to work towards too. Lets hope the gyms stay open.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: