blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:30:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Is this just natural selection?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this just natural selection?  (Read 1735 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »

...when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/08/26/uk-autos-ignition-lawsuit-idUKKCN0QV1PX20150826

imo these people are idiots and would likely have caused the death or serious injury of non-idiots had they not gassed themselves.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:32:57 PM »

I do think the engines should shut off when keys are pulled out, mine doesn't.

On the other hand I despise the plethora of wankers who will sue for anything come hell or high water, an American trait we could do without and puts prices of various stuff up for everyone.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

This is about pressing a button.

What kind of decision making process goes.  I'm sitting on my arse in the car and I can press the button to stop the engine, but rather than do that, I'm just going to get out because I'm sure that the engine will stop, well not actually sure at all, I haven't a clue that it will stop, but I hope it will stop, so I'll not bother lifting my arm to press the fucking button.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »

This is about pressing a button.

What kind of decision making process goes.  I'm sitting on my arse in the car and I can press the button to stop the engine, but rather than do that, I'm just going to get out because I'm sure that the engine will stop, well not actually sure at all, I haven't a clue that it will stop, but I hope it will stop, so I'll not bother lifting my arm to press the fucking button.

You make it sound so easy. I spend half my working life in my car and it honeslty never occurs to me to sometimes to press the button, I've lost count the amount of time I need to go back and press the button so I do get it. I've driven cars for 25 years and this is a new thing for me. I will always take the key though, they need to sort it so the engine switches off when the key comes out.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:04 PM »

Double up do you have one of these cars?

I have done this about twice a month for the past 6 months it's not intentional it's not lazy my engine is so quite when stationary and if I have music on this goes off when I lock the car so sometimes I just forget to turn the engine off.

Luckily a lot of the time as the music goes off when you shut the door you realise but admittedly I have left my car running a couple of times for 10-15 mins while I'm in shops

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:32:10 PM »

I'm sorry but if you can't remember something as basic as that, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:53:52 PM »

And push button handbrakes, whats wrong with a handle to pull up !

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 12:13:34 AM »

Do you have a push button start stop car doubleup

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:39 AM »

No - I was a bit ott with my comment so sorry but the people in the article didn't not hear the engine or forget

drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off.

They know the engine is running.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »

No - I was a bit ott with my comment so sorry but the people in the article didn't not hear the engine or forget

drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off.

The thing for me is it wont be long i am sure until this happen's.

My car knows when they key is inside it with amazing accuracy so if it knows the key is not in the car and I am therefore locking the car from outside it I wont be suprised if cars then dont start turning their engines off.

I never turn my radio off when I get out of the car. All the electronics go off in my car when I lock it, so i suppose you just get used to these things.

If these people really think their cars turn off when they lock them and dont realise after trying it then yes they are dumb agreed.

"ace high"

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 05:28:55 PM »

My car knows when they key is inside it with amazing accuracy so if it knows the key is not in the car and I am therefore locking the car from outside it I wont be suprised if cars then dont start turning their engines off.

I never turn my radio off when I get out of the car. All the electronics go off in my car when I lock it, so i suppose you just get used to these things.

If these people really think their cars turn off when they lock them and dont realise after trying it then yes they are dumb agreed.

Some cars already do this, as a means of fuel economy when in heavy traffic.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

I'm sorry but if you can't remember something as basic as that, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Agree with this 100% and I'm pretty sure that if you did this during your test you wouldn't be allowed on the road.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »

Some cars already do this, as a means of fuel economy when in heavy traffic.

They dont full turn off though they go into "Ready" mode rather than "off"

"ace high"

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »

Agree with this 100% and I'm pretty sure that if you did this during your test you wouldn't be allowed on the road.

You guys have got it wrong though. It's not a case of forgetting, it's a case of doing things a certain way for years and then suddenly the routine changes.

Have you never turned the wrong way out of your drive because that's the way you usually go?

The older I get, the better I was.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »

ok Red ? how do you get on with 'change' as a rule? , i hate it . i would like to be stuck in the 70s/80s  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: