blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  SWING LOWWW - The Rugby World Cup Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWING LOWWW - The Rugby World Cup Thread  (Read 46261 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:04:36 AM »

New zealand are clear favourites as they should be.

England - We are so close to "clicking" and have been for the last 18 months. If we do click, and become a little more clinical,  we really could challenge for the title. A very dangerous back 3 who will tear teams apart with the correct service. Id personally still love to see Cipriani in the squad for something different afyerter 60 minutes if we are behind.

Ireland - A very solid team with great defense. And with Jonny Sextons boot, will be tough to beat. Think they just lack a little bit of quality to worry the big teams.

Wales - Very inconsistent as of late. But on their day a back line which could be very verg dangerous. Would you like to tackle a rampaging George North?

Scotland - Wey we needed somebody to make up the numbers.

COME ON ENGLAND!!
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:38:49 AM »

With Rhys Webb and Leigh Halfpenny looking likely to miss the tournament, England's path to the quarters just got a lot easier. Not sure I can ever remember a more destructive warm up game for a country.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »

Such a miserable game that for Wales. Watching the replay and hearing Martyn Williams say "should Gatland take off halfpenny now as he's such an important player" about 10 mins before he got injured was such a sigh.

If Biggar can avoid the yips and L Williams is fit it's not quite the disaster people are making it out to be though. Webb arguably a much bigger loss.

Are you Barbour jacket wearing swing lowers not a bit worried about your set piece? Lineout was a shambles against France and you lost TWO against the head against Ireland!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »

Such a miserable game that for Wales. Watching the replay and hearing Martyn Williams say "should Gatland take off halfpenny now as he's such an important player" about 10 mins before he got injured was such a sigh.

If Biggar can avoid the yips and L Williams is fit it's not quite the disaster people are making it out to be though. Webb arguably a much bigger loss.

Are you Barbour jacket wearing swing lowers not a bit worried about your set piece? Lineout was a shambles against France and you lost TWO against the head against Ireland!

Can't remember the last time our line out was great to be honest, must be over 8 years.

And the scrum was very worrying, as its normally something we are very good at.

Think the 15 that started on Saturday were the 15 that Lancaster felt were going to start against Fiji next Friday. Anyone think there may be changes?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

In London on the Friday on opening night & couldn't believe how much tickets are? The cheapest I can find is £250? Really?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »

In London on the Friday on opening night & couldn't believe how much tickets are? The cheapest I can find is £250? Really?

At this short notice for a world cup game, who's fans are middle class upwards, that price is no surprise tbh
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »

At this short notice for a world cup game, who's fans are middle class upwards, that price is no surprise tbh

I thought they would be more expensive tbh given it is the opening game of the World Cup.  Posh boys sport.  They could probably sell 60,000 corporate hospitality packages for these games never mind just normal tickets.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »

basic tickets for georgia v namibia and tonga at the king power are £50

£250 for twickenham and the opening game? standard in the context of a tournament which is over-priced for fans

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »

£250 for twickenham and the opening game? standard in the context of a tournament which is over-priced for fans

That 250 looks way more reasonable than Georgia/Namibia.  Surely that isn't ever selling out?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »

That 250 looks way more reasonable than Georgia/Namibia.  Surely that isn't ever selling out?

it isn't at the moment

i am local, and would go at £25, but me and my two lads at £50 a pop?

no thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »

Lmao at the Georgia game pricing.  Idiots.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »

it isn't at the moment

i am local, and would go at £25, but me and my two lads at £50 a pop?

no thanks

If your two lads go to school in the area prolly wait until the inevitable 'free tickets for schools'...
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »

I'm also close to the KP; cheapest tickets left for the two weekend games are £65 and £115 with no discounts for kids.

TV it is then.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:01 AM »

On the subject of 'exorbitant' pricing, how do we think the equivalent football matches would be priced if England hosted a football World Cup?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, as I accept the cost of tickets is fairly prohibitive, but I think the "posh boy's sport"/"middle class fans" chat (whilst obviously accurate) isn't really why tickets are dear.

Allez!!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 08:34:13 AM »

On the subject of 'exorbitant' pricing, how do we think the equivalent football matches would be priced if England hosted a football World Cup?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, as I accept the cost of tickets is fairly prohibitive, but I think the "posh boy's sport"/"middle class fans" chat (whilst obviously accurate) isn't really why tickets are dear.

I went to Euro 96 and am sure the ticket prices were reasonable.  I went to the Olympics with my mother/wife and kid and it really wasn't expensive.  I think we only paid more than £50 for the Athletics. 

Georgia/Namibia would be in line with some of the 2nd ranking/qualifying type events where you could get tickets for £20 with discounts for kids.

Twickenham has always been difficult/expensive because of the corporates.  Certainly my impression.  Though you can get tickets easy enough for non 6 nation games like the rugby sevens. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: