blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Roooooooney
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roooooooney  (Read 5065 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:43:11 PM »

Too many negative comments around tonight.

A record that has stood for 45 years, he may not have been the best England player ever be he has been bloody good.

We have been an awful international team over the last 12 Years yes he has scored against weak teams but so what we have had no other stickers in this time step up.

He's also going to score a lot more goals I think.

Hi, and Harry Kane could hopefully provide some fun over the next few years.

Shame we are so boring to watch

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:47:56 PM »

what do you think a decent line is for the over/under on total England goals for Rooney?

I think 70 is almost too high...
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:51:19 PM »

what do you think a decent line is for the over/under on total England goals for Rooney?

Retire after the next World Cup? I would say maybe 63

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »

bet365 have over 59.5 at 5/6 fwiw. 7/1 over 70.5 goals.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »

retires after the 2018 world cup, from international football?

so he has fitness permitting warm ups, the euros, world cup qualifying and the world cup to play

lets say thats 25 games assuming 1-2 knockout games in each major tournament after the groups

he has 50 goals in 107 games

now on pens, and wasn't when gerrard was playing

so lets say another 12-13 goals in those 25 games to come, or 1 in 2 allowing for pens

takes him to 62-3?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 11:57:54 PM »

Guess it would depend on him slowing down on the friendlies as he gets older, and how well Sturridge/Kane bed into the side?

~60 seems about right though.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:03:08 AM »

I thought there's probably a decent amount of goals in the ludicrously easy qualifying group we got Wink

65 seems a lot though, you're right.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »

He's likely to hold all the records by the time he retires, and has probably underachieved, too.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »

He's likely to hold all the records by the time he retires, and has probably underachieved, too.

Massively under achieved.

I don't think Harry Kane is as good as last season suggested either.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »

Painfully over rated player.

Anonymous in the big tournaments/against good opposition. Only 6 goals at 6 major tournaments (3 WCs, 3 Euros) speaks volumes.

The general consensus on a United forum (red café) seems to be that he is over the hill already at just 29. But his 300k a week contract until 2019 means they are stuck with him into his twilight years.

Best Bitter.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »

Painfully over rated player.

Anonymous in the big tournaments/against good opposition. Only 6 goals at 6 major tournaments (3 WCs, 3 Euros) speaks volumes.

The general consensus on a United forum (red café) seems to be that he is over the hill already at just 29. But his 300k a week contract until 2019 means they are stuck with him into his twilight years.

I'll admit I'm a big fan of Rooney but I think people are writing him off a bit early at 29!!!
I do think he probably hasn't achieved what he should have at international level but he's still a terrific footballer. The same sentence could be said about Lionel Messi.
As for the £300k per week, I did think at the time it was a big mistake giving him such a big contract well into his 30s but in a years time when that tv money comes in, £300k won't seem so big. In 3 years, it'll be nothing.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 01:39:26 AM »

No doubt he's a brilliant footballer, but not sure he's most suited to being the main striker anymore. Would he not be better utilised in a CAM role, sat behind the striker(s)?

Feed em rice.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »

Wasn't he coming off the back of a significant injury for at least two, maybe three, of the major tournaments? I still accept he never quite brought it to those comps, but he probably has a half decent excuse.

Looks like he will also eventually set the record for caps too.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »

He's looked awful for Man U this season
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »

Don't really understand why people focus on Rooney being 29.  He has the miles on the clock of a player in his early/mid 30s given the amount of games he has played at the top level since a very early age in his career.  His performances naturally should be starting to regress given this mileage imo.  No point saying 'i got an 12 plate BMW with 350k miles on the clock'.  It is effectively the age of a 05 plate wear and tear wise.

I don't really buy into the fact he has under achieved either in his career.  He has played on a bang average England team which performed to it's level pretty much throughout his career (ie last 16 of major events - where they should finish).  He has won everything he can club wise with Manure.  He probably hasn't over achieved but pretty hard to say he has under achieved.

ITV put up a caption last night of all the teams he has scored against at international level.  There are not as many 'soft' goals as you would imagine in the list of teams either.  Numerous goals against the big international sides.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:19:08 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: