blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  More about breakfasts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More about breakfasts.  (Read 7866 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 10:37:40 PM »

Weekdays normally either cornflakes, special K or weetabix, and cuppa tea.
Weekends vary, poached egg on toast with brown sauce, fry up at cafe, or my fav a homemade bacon and fried egg sandwich , with brown sauce on outside of bread, and eaten with a knife n fork..........

Too posh for this forum!

Ah! The element of surprise
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »

Haha, if only you could see the mess i get in trying to pick em up ! you would understand why Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »

I haven't eaten breakfast properly for a good few years now. Mainly due to working nights so the first thing I eat after I get up is usually a full size dinner at 5pm.

Though back when I was 18-19 I would be out for breakfast almost every morning at the same place. A truck stop in the middle of the A30 in Cornwall called Smokey Joe's. It started as a stop for truckers, and turned into a haunt for people trying to eat their way out of a hangover at 8am.

It was standard to leave the local nightclub at 3am and see the same people you were getting plastered with in Smokey Joe's a few hours later still half cut wearing the same clothes. They did a lot of business selling cans of lager under the table for £1.50 because of it, even though I am sure they weren't licensed. The place smelt of stale beer, fags, bacon and shame.

Standard order was the Hungryman's. £5 including a mug of tea the size of a small bucket. If you felt particularly rough you could have a shower for a extra couple of quid.

I haven't been there in a couple of years now, but I'm sure it's got a new generation of pissed teenagers queuing up outside at 8am for breakfast. I don't think I could stomach a full breakfast there now, but back when I was a teenager I would rather have food there than anywhere else. Had a Christmas dinner there one year, and it's still in the top 5 meals I've ever eaten. 

The place will be open forever. If you're ever in the middle of Cornwall and want a massive breakfast cooked by a 15 year old kid working his first Saturday job, go to Smokey Joe's.

That, Mr Ransom, is a proper breakfast.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »

Usually Crumpets with marmite and freshly sliced tomatoes or avocado but my absolute fav probably once every 3 or 4 months is cold chicken madras from the night befores takeaway with nan bread. In fact I've been known to buy two curries just so as I can have one cold for brekkie Smiley
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »

Usually Crumpets with marmite and freshly sliced tomatoes or avocado but my absolute fav probably once every 3 or 4 months is cold chicken madras from the night befores takeaway with nan bread. In fact I've been known to buy two curries just so as I can have one cold for brekkie Smiley

Weekdays normally either cornflakes, special K or weetabix, and cuppa tea.
Weekends vary, poached egg on toast with brown sauce, fry up at cafe, or my fav a homemade bacon and fried egg sandwich , with brown sauce on outside of bread, and eaten with a knife n fork..........

So many weirdo's in this thread.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »

working away at the minute.

Definitely going through a smoked salmon and scrambled egg phase.  Hate it when they overcook the scrambled egg.  Normally throw on a slice of black pudding or salami to make sure I am not too healthy.  Followed by toast and marmalade/jam or yogurt and fruit combo.  All served with black tea and orange juice.

I feel a lot better after that than eating the full cooked breakfast.  If I eat that, I feel a bit sluggish for parts of the day.  Doesn't stop me enough though.

At home, normally just no added sugar alpen, weetabix or similar. 

Needless to say when I am away, the pounds go on.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:30 AM »

I haven't been there in a couple of years now

I'm intrigued by this. You took a photograph of your breakfast a few years ago in anticipation of this thread?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 01:22:45 AM »

Not really a breakfast person unless in Vegas when I have the full works every day although it becomes more brunch than brekkie. I have been known to be led astray and share a stack of pancakes as a brekkie dessert on occasion too.

At home I have a small glass of OJ followed by three cups of filter coffee followed in turn by a bowl of raisin bran around noon.

Tesco's Finest is the best supermarket smoked salmon imnsho.

Did you know that Tesco's empire was built on smoked salmon? As a lad the local nascent Tesco's supermarket on High Street Kensington was a convenience store with the sign "Cohens(smoked salmon)Ltd above it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 01:26:17 AM »

Post incoming. Got pretty excited when I saw this thread. That's all for now.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »

4 soft boiled eggs with 3 slices of toast (cut into soldiers) and a large cup of tea, 1 sugar. Beautiful.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:54:52 AM by baldock92 » Logged

Feed em rice.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:58 AM »

I'm intrigued by this. You took a photograph of your breakfast a few years ago in anticipation of this thread?

I grabbed the pic off Tripadvisor, surprisingly there are a lot of folk who just happen to take pictures of their breakfasts on there.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:02 AM »

I grabbed the pic off Tripadvisor, surprisingly there are a lot of folk who just happen to take pictures of their breakfasts on there.

wow they proudly show off there breakfast with the food of the devil on the plate and no tattie scones or black pudding
they need to buck up there ideas

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »

Now I don't go to site any more and am office / home based its weetabix n fruit usually
Whereas when I was on site it would be a cafe 3/5 times a week depending on the quality for eggs n bacon etc
In the autumn winter months there's a couple of cafes nearby so it's once a week ish
My downfall now is the bakers in fletton high St next to barclays - I came out the other day with a scotch egg n Cornish pasty got to the van before I'd opened it the dog was licking her lips ! As she gets a little pinch off whatever I get she seems to know where we are
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »

Post incoming. Got pretty excited when I saw this thread. That's all for now.

Sigh...

It's GreekStein all over again.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »

I have a pretty unique breakfast. Tailored to perfection since my primary school days. The core has remained the same, in it's simplest form, it is still very much "Cereal" but what started out as a bowl of Bran Flakes has flourished and developed into a masterpiece of Cerealship, a rare formula, chastised by the masses, understood by few, copied by none.

The cupboard.

Click to see full-size image.

With backups behind. With the exception of Sultana Bran (on the shopping list), anything you think is missing is just not worth having. IMO of course.

The foundations.

Weetabix. The building blocks of any bowl. A feature in every bowl I've eaten for 20+ years. However last year I discovered the banana flavoured edition, and oh my it's unbelievably tasty. I've never looked back.

The healthy layer.

Was Bran Flakes until 2011 when Special K took over and yet to be usurped. Occasionally Sultana Bran is used instead but limited to twice a week.

The cement.

Alpen seems to make everything stick together, subtly flavours everything and those raisins are to die for.

The kick.

This is where the daily variation comes in. This can be any of the sugary options. A daily rotation of golden grahams, honey loops, golden nuggets, frosted shreddies, frosties or crunchy nut cornflakes.

The boost

A finely chopped up Banana, or a layer of Raisin Wheats to bulk the breakfast out, if' I'm feeling extra hungry.

Add semi skimmed milk so it just reached the surface around the circumference and devour in a bowl fit for a king.

Can't start the day without it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: