blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Hunted (Channel 4)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunted (Channel 4)  (Read 8516 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 01:12:48 AM »

I think i could easily give this a bash. 

Some of them are just stupid though,  get it's for TV but try harder people.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:30 AM »

Used to be a huge fan of Ray Cokes - presenter of Wanted - the old show on youtube. Loved his old shows on MTV

Quite into this one, seems pretty tough though, what's the idea strategy? Sleeping in a tent and hitchhiking?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:38 AM »

Used to be a huge fan of Ray Cokes - presenter of Wanted - the old show on youtube. Loved his old shows on MTV

Quite into this one, seems pretty tough though, what's the idea strategy? Sleeping in a tent and hitchhiking?

prettty hard to have a strategy and win basic the best plan is to roll a dice at every decision

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »

not sure need to know the rules they are given about spending money, continual movement etc

keeping it simple like not using your fking mobile phone or that of your close mate would be a nice start.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »

not sure need to know the rules they are given about spending money, continual movement etc

keeping it simple like not using your fking mobile phone or that of your close mate would be a nice start.

This is key, i mean if you are OTR the first thing you do is pawn your own mobile get a cheap handset and a few SIM's. 

Surprised none of them have logged onto blonde took a few selections from TFT and had a spin up with their first lot of cash which would avoid the need for cash machines.

Also telling folk they are being hunted, that must be one of the weakest mistakes to make. 

Keep the head down travel tp places that are used to seeing strangers come in, try and get some casual work. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 11:28:29 PM »

Yeah there must be some rules in place that mean they can't just go to one location and stay there for a month, wouldn't make for great tv entertainment just camped out in a field for 4 weeks whilst the cameraman films you sleeping and shitting.

People yet again making silly/basic errors. Using your phone is such a clear no no. Getting help from a network of friends....that's all well and good but you leave a trace like those ex military guys the other week.

I'd head either highlands or somewhere coastal, if you could make it to Devon/Cornwall undetected you're laughing, CCTV hasn't been invented down there yet. Live on the beach for a month and then count your winnings.

Best Bitter.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 11:58:21 PM »

Just FYI but it may ruin it for people. My good friend was on it last year, Harinder Khangura (Asian lad from Leicester, went on the run with his brother)

He said it was a complete farce from start to finish. You had to move on every 48 hours which isnt realistic, and you had to use the phone at least 1 time a week. You submit a list of friends/contacts who have to be pre-approved (I was one and had to be pre-interviewed) I think you are allowed 6-10 Max

You are only allowed to contact those people which limits your options, and obviously with them replicating power of state they can ask cameraman for CCTV etc but at times there was no possible CCTV to be requested. Oh and to top things off they had to give their passwords to electrical goods over.

I love the concept but as with most Tv nowadays is all abit set up and staged. Did anyone see last weeks miraculous hacking of the laptop guessing his wifes name and a random date I mean come on!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »

Yeah there must be some rules in place that mean they can't just go to one location and stay there for a month, wouldn't make for great tv entertainment just camped out in a field for 4 weeks whilst the cameraman films you sleeping and shitting.

People yet again making silly/basic errors. Using your phone is such a clear no no. Getting help from a network of friends....that's all well and good but you leave a trace like those ex military guys the other week.

I'd head either highlands or somewhere coastal, if you could make it to Devon/Cornwall undetected you're laughing, CCTV hasn't been invented down there yet. Live on the beach for a month and then count your winnings.

living on the beach leaves a trace and you get that person who will turn them in

got to find a place that you are able to live off the land (very rare on the mainland uk) somewhere you dont needto interact with locals and locals wont notices your eco footprint

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:07 AM »

Just FYI but it may ruin it for people. My good friend was on it last year, Harinder Khangura (Asian lad from Leicester, went on the run with his brother)

He said it was a complete farce from start to finish. You had to move on every 48 hours which isnt realistic, and you had to use the phone at least 1 time a week. You submit a list of friends/contacts who have to be pre-approved (I was one and had to be pre-interviewed) I think you are allowed 6-10 Max

You are only allowed to contact those people which limits your options, and obviously with them replicating power of state they can ask cameraman for CCTV etc but at times there was no possible CCTV to be requested. Oh and to top things off they had to give their passwords to electrical goods over.

I love the concept but as with most Tv nowadays is all abit set up and staged. Did anyone see last weeks miraculous hacking of the laptop guessing his wifes name and a random date I mean come on!

Sadly this doesn't surprise me much.

Maybe it would be too 'easy' if it was a total free for all?

Best Bitter.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

not immensely surprised by some of that.

Keep moving makes some sense so you cant just hide in someones basement and have no chance to be caught, the idea is to advertise the pervasive nature of surveillance and be a show of strength for government power (dont try and run etc).  Passwords makes total sense, same with cameraman reporting information IF certain criteria are met as they aren't going to be using actual anpr systems or have access to government technology. But they easily could access devices if they wanted.

Using the phone once a week is pretty cheap, especially if that's part of the new bigger prize money series.  As it just gives them an excuse to pinpoint them once a week. I guess at least if you know this you use your call/calls as a decoy /red herring and try to distance yourself from the information it gives away.

My favourite bit so far is when the young girls hitchiked with the guy with the Jag I think it was and he just starts laying down the lessons about why what they are doing is bad and how to improve. love it Cheesy

I was very happy when the posh extravert woman got caught she had no right being on the show!
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 10:34:39 PM »

not immensely surprised by some of that.

Keep moving makes some sense so you cant just hide in someones basement and have no chance to be caught, the idea is to advertise the pervasive nature of surveillance and be a show of strength for government power (dont try and run etc).  Passwords makes total sense, same with cameraman reporting information IF certain criteria are met as they aren't going to be using actual anpr systems or have access to government technology. But they easily could access devices if they wanted.

Using the phone once a week is pretty cheap, especially if that's part of the new bigger prize money series.  As it just gives them an excuse to pinpoint them once a week. I guess at least if you know this you use your call/calls as a decoy /red herring and try to distance yourself from the information it gives away.

My favourite bit so far is when the young girls hitchiked with the guy with the Jag I think it was and he just starts laying down the lessons about why what they are doing is bad and how to improve. love it Cheesy

I was very happy when the posh extravert woman got caught she had no right being on the show!

The one that then jumped in the river for no reason? If so that was brill.

Off to watch tonights, even with all I know its weirdly addictive.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »

Gwan Nick Cummings, loved this weeks episode!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

My brother (Chris) is one of the computer based hunters in this. Like many I had a lot of questions about how the show was run, but actually it's pretty realistic. Or at least as it can be! The bugger won't tell me if anyone wins it though 😂
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 08:42:56 PM »

My brother (Chris) is one of the computer based hunters in this. Like many I had a lot of questions about how the show was run, but actually it's pretty realistic. Or at least as it can be! The bugger won't tell me if anyone wins it though 😂

Sunday 8pm.

Had to check the date on the calendar to check it's not 2007.

Hope you are well Ben.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »

Sunday 8pm.

Had to check the date on the calendar to check it's not 2007.

Hope you are well Ben.

Life is great Keith! Thanks, hope you're well too pal. First post for a while I know!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: