blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT Season 9 UK Team Championship 30-31 Jan 16 - Interested?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT Season 9 UK Team Championship 30-31 Jan 16 - Interested?  (Read 30608 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »

Congratulations to all the team, fantastic result. I was part of another team but when it became clear we weren't going to trouble the leaderboard - roughly the end of level 2  Wink - I was rooting for blonde. Sat on Geo's table for 6 hours+ on day 1 and the man has some game - never saw him put a foot wrong.

(Briefly) shared a table with Adam as well on day 2, if they ever work out a way to bottle enthusiasm he'll be a millionaire.
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »

Genuinely stoked for blonde to win this after playing in this event so many times! Happy for Adam, Captain Geo (great to see again), Glenn and the rest of the team.

It was a great event, played in such great spirit (and high spirits!) Smiley Here's to the next one! Smiley
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »

Awesome result guys 
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »

What a weekend.

Huge thanks to all players who took time to attend on behalf of blonde, thanks to Tighty and Curtis in this regards for giving up some rare family time especially, really appreciated.

When the call for players was put out I was chuffed when I seen the dates, I always take my birthday week off and had already decide to tick a couple of bucket list items off my list by taking a trip to London. Originally was going to cost me £300 for 2 nights in London so as I was now going to Luton I got they 2 nights for £90 and then £35 and a 25 min train journey on the Thurs/Fri so a nice saving was made.

Thursday was birthday day for me and as I was alone in Luton I celebrated with a dry night playing the G's comp that night and attained a nice chop heads up for £680 - bonus!!

Saturday and Sunday was so much fun, so many familiar faces from both blonde and APAT that I hadn't seen for a while, some great catch ups. A huge well done and thank you to Tom, Des, Leigh, Matt and Lucy from APAT and to Jim McShane and all his cardroom staff. Another fantastically run tournament in a really smart cardroom. Thank you all so much.

As to the main event, superb performance from all players with a couple of others unlucky to not quite make day 2.

Day 2 seen myself, Adam and Glenn still in, with Adam having played amazingly to grind back from a £4k stack very early in the tourney when his trips were thwarted by a rivered flush, well played young sir, more to follow regards Adams contribution to our weekend.

Down to two tables and we were guaranteed Silver with only Brian Yates for the Ballbusters team between ourselves and Gold. Adam had went out in 22nd, however he didn't stop there. As others alluded to earlier in the thread, this young man's enthusiasm, not only for the game but blonde and the team was amazing. He was all over the tables and the media centre keeping Glenn and I up to date on the state of play and what we needed to achieve the Gold medal. Down to 15 and Adam confirms that if Glenn and I can hold on and both be in at 12 players left or Brian went out we would win.

Whilst this relieved some of the pressure from me as Captain, it was a weird situation, as getting close to the final table and knowing that in the individual comp the top heavy payout structure meant you're looking at 5/4th to get any real return. However my main aim was to get the gold and obviously this has an effect on how I played until it was confirmed we had achieved the team win.

I know there are many who don't like the team comp, however I wouldn't expect them to have signed up to play, I was happy that I had committed to the team event so was comfortable that I may have to play a bit differently at this point.

We got there in the end as anyone who was watching on the live stream would have guessed immediately with Adam running around the cardroom high fiving all and sundry. Your additional efforts were much appreciated mate.

Glenn and I made the final table shortly after this, unfortunately I was short stacked having restricted my play earlier and after a couple of orbits with nothing to go with I shoved my last £97k in on the BB after a button raise with QJ and couldn't get there against A8.

Glenn Townsend:

What a gem of a young man and an awesome performance, to get from 24/24 to then leading and attain a 3rd place finish was a tremendous effort. Really likeable young man with a great knowledge and enthusiasm for the game, as I said at the end of it all, you are a credit to blonde and DTD, very well played young sir.

Not sure if winning gives us automatic entry next year to defend, but health and time willing I'll be more that happy to join the team again next year.

To the team, I appreciate the commitment and efforts from you all, thank you very much.

To all those railing and posting their good wishes and congrats the team thank you all.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »

What a weekend.

Huge thanks to all players who took time to attend on behalf of blonde, thanks to Tighty and Curtis in this regards for giving up some rare family time especially, really appreciated.

When the call for players was put out I was chuffed when I seen the dates, I always take my birthday week off and had already decide to tick a couple of bucket list items off my list by taking a trip to London. Originally was going to cost me £300 for 2 nights in London so as I was now going to Luton I got they 2 nights for £90 and then £35 and a 25 min train journey on the Thurs/Fri so a nice saving was made.

Thursday was birthday day for me and as I was alone in Luton I celebrated with a dry night playing the G's comp that night and attained a nice chop heads up for £680 - bonus!!

Saturday and Sunday was so much fun, so many familiar faces from both blonde and APAT that I hadn't seen for a while, some great catch ups. A huge well done and thank you to Tom, Des, Leigh, Matt and Lucy from APAT and to Jim McShane and all his cardroom staff. Another fantastically run tournament in a really smart cardroom. Thank you all so much.

As to the main event, superb performance from all players with a couple of others unlucky to not quite make day 2.

Day 2 seen myself, Adam and Glenn still in, with Adam having played amazingly to grind back from a £4k stack very early in the tourney when his trips were thwarted by a rivered flush, well played young sir, more to follow regards Adams contribution to our weekend.

Down to two tables and we were guaranteed Silver with only Brian Yates for the Ballbusters team between ourselves and Gold. Adam had went out in 22nd, however he didn't stop there. As others alluded to earlier in the thread, this young man's enthusiasm, not only for the game but blonde and the team was amazing. He was all over the tables and the media centre keeping Glenn and I up to date on the state of play and what we needed to achieve the Gold medal. Down to 15 and Adam confirms that if Glenn and I can hold on and both be in at 12 players left or Brian went out we would win.

Whilst this relieved some of the pressure from me as Captain, it was a weird situation, as getting close to the final table and knowing that in the individual comp the top heavy payout structure meant you're looking at 5/4th to get any real return. However my main aim was to get the gold and obviously this has an effect on how I played until it was confirmed we had achieved the team win.

I know there are many who don't like the team comp, however I wouldn't expect them to have signed up to play, I was happy that I had committed to the team event so was comfortable that I may have to play a bit differently at this point.

We got there in the end as anyone who was watching on the live stream would have guessed immediately with Adam running around the cardroom high fiving all and sundry. Your additional efforts were much appreciated mate.

Glenn and I made the final table shortly after this, unfortunately I was short stacked having restricted my play earlier and after a couple of orbits with nothing to go with I shoved my last £97k in on the BB after a button raise with QJ and couldn't get there against A8.

Glenn Townsend:

What a gem of a young man and an awesome performance, to get from 24/24 to then leading and attain a 3rd place finish was a tremendous effort. Really likeable young man with a great knowledge and enthusiasm for the game, as I said at the end of it all, you are a credit to blonde and DTD, very well played young sir.

Not sure if winning gives us automatic entry next year to defend, but health and time willing I'll be more than happy to join the team again next year.

To the team, I appreciate the commitment and efforts from you all, thank you very much.

To all those railing and posting their good wishes and congrats the team thank you all.

Geo

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »

OOOps,

hit reply instead of modify ther - lol

Geo

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »

Great summary of events, Geo.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »

Glad you and everyone else had a great time Geo. was a pleasure to host such an event. Was tough work but the atmosphere created by the players made the time fly by.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »

Glad you and everyone else had a great time Geo. was a pleasure to host such an event. Was tough work but the atmosphere created by the players made the time fly by.

Great to see you again, Jim, and well done to all your team on hosting the event.

Love the new cardroom.  A huge improvement on the old one.

Best wishes in the role going forward.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2016, 09:00:19 PM »

Geo, pretty sure we will get automatic entry for next year's event as defending champions.

Will post some thoughts up this week. Too tired tonight, an 8am start after not leaving Luton until 7.15pm yesterday to drive to Warrington was not helpful!

To summarise:

Great weekend, even if I did have to sleep in my car!
Cardroom one of the best I've seen in this country.
We won. WTF?!
Didn't have average stack all tournament (bar folding hand 1) and somehow bubbled the individual. Still don't know how.
Glenn coming back from 24/24 to finish 3rd was amazing.
And so much more...
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2016, 12:55:22 PM »

Massive congrats to the whole team, very well played, I was listening to the live stream, pretty much all sunday while completing the last of my clients tax returns!. I guess it could not have gone much better from a personal point of view as the three teams i was railing finished 4th, 2nd and 1st and the individual event was won by the founder of the BCPC Brian Yates. Hopefully next year it won't be on on the last weekend in January and I can attend.

All those interested in another team event BCPC have their annual team event in May this year, is great fun and run over 1 day, so will post up the details soon.
fandango

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »

Congratulations to team Blonde..

Excellent result to outlast 30 teams and take home the Gold.

Nice catching up with most of you, hope to see you defending your title next season.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »

How could I have missed this thread?

Please accept my sincere if belated congratulations.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: