blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  In da club
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In da club  (Read 2082 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:22:03 AM »

Early stages of a MTT, we are readless on opponent.

Its folds round to us OTB with . Blinds 15/30. We have 2070 chips, villain has 2030.

Folds to us we make it 90. Sb folds, BB 3 bets to 210 total, we call, pretty standard preflop.

Flop   (Pot =495)

Villian checks, we check.

Turn,  , Villian bets 180 we fold.

Their range on the flop is pretty capped, at the same time it's a terrible flop for us. To get them to fold I expect I would need to fire atleast 2 streets if not 3. The really small bet on the turn, on this board, in line with  the preflop check, looks so weak.

I would expect the biggest part of their range being 99-QQ. I am readless, but given player pool tendencies, wouldn't really expect to see AJ/10 here a whole lot, if ever, or910 which you would expect to bet the flop anyway.

It seemed a bit early to be doing much, afterall i'm only in for 220 chips with v little equity, but then again it feels kinda bad not winning the pot against an overall quite weak range versus board texture.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:23:55 AM by shipitgood » Logged
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

The line you've taken seems fine to me. If you want to win this hand your going have to call the turn and raise river or bet over pot when checked too. But it's high variance at the 15/30 level so wouldn't really bother.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »

Early stages of a MTT, we are readless on opponent.

Its folds round to us OTB with . Blinds 15/30. We have 2070 chips, villain has 2030.

Folds to us we make it 90. Sb folds, BB 3 bets to 210 total, we call, pretty standard preflop.

Flop   (Pot =495)

Villian checks, we check.

Turn,  , Villian bets 180 we fold.

Their range on the flop is pretty capped, at the same time it's a terrible flop for us. To get them to fold I expect I would need to fire atleast 2 streets if not 3. The really small bet on the turn, on this board, in line with  the preflop check, looks so weak.

I would expect the biggest part of their range being 99-QQ. I am readless, but given player pool tendencies, wouldn't really expect to see AJ/10 here a whole lot, if ever, or910 which you would expect to bet the flop anyway.

It seemed a bit early to be doing much, afterall i'm only in for 220 chips with v little equity, but then again it feels kinda bad not winning the pot against an overall quite weak range versus board texture.

this is wrong and a dangerous thought process to have especially if youre playing against good/tricky players. Yes youre right most of the time he will probably have QQ/JJ but you cant just say he is capped after 3betting and checking this flop.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »

He could have AK, AsAx, or KK, but generally speaking I wouldn't expect this player to have any of these hands often here at all, especially not after I see his small turn bet, I reckon his hand is pretty face up and don't expect he can face much heat.

In saying all that it was very early doors, and I didn't know if he could fold 99-qq otr plus me checking the flop might look a bit FOS with a massive display of strength OTR.

Just one of those ones I had to fold I guess, but really disliked it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: