blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Facebook
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1049 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »

A friend on mine would like to use facebook to promote his landscaping business locally.

He doesn't currently have a facebook account.

He said:

I'm leaning towards a personal account and I think I can set it up so that I don't get a lot of junk from family and friends so that I can just put my work portfolio on the site but there maybe some benefits to a business account.

He asked me if I had any advice but of course I know nothing about it.

Any input will be appreciated.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »

Having a FB page can be a good thing if you keep on top of it.  You quite often see pages that haven't been updated for a quite a long time and that can't look good for a business if they are still trading.   As with websites, it's also no good having one if nobody looks at it, so you'd be better off having an account in order to share it with friends and family.   It's a good place to showcase you r work but it does need time putting in to it.    FB has changed the way posts work now in that not all your page likes will see your posts.  For example, I have over 1300 likers on one of my pages and a post I put up on the 3rd Oct only has 58 views.  If I want more, I have to pay for them.  I'm sure that those into social media marketing will know better ways around this but it's something to be aware of - Facebook is a business and if you want to use it to make your business better, it's going to cost you just like any other form of advertising

If they're not a FB user at the moment and by the sounds of it, don't intend to become one, is it really something they want to do themselves?  Perhaps there's  a friend or family member that would run the page for them? 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »

If he's not a facebook user, he'll need to be prepared for a hell of a learning curve.

Facebook advertising can work very well, and can be targeted at specific niches with surprising accuracy - people with particular interests, people in a certain area, certain age, people who have visited similar sites, etc.

If they're not a regular social media user, then trying to promote their business just using posts on a business page will probably do very little for them, other than be a lot of effort and time.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: