blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:23:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England in South Africa
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England in South Africa  (Read 33772 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »

Test Match Special ‏@bbctms

Here's the Wanderers pitch which the groundsman says will provide a result, but is not a "green mamba"

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »

and Steyn confirmed out again

My eyes are open wide
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2016, 09:45:48 PM »

I had hoped they'd play a half-fit Steyn, and go with 4 seamers leaving out Piedt (who's probably been their best bowler)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:57 PM »

I had hoped they'd play a half-fit Steyn, and go with 4 seamers leaving out Piedt (who's probably been their best bowler)

They still might, Abbott is back fit, and they could chose to go with a full pace attack on a ground that historically helps pace bowlers.

Personally like Anderson for top bowler this match, he should have some fun.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »

Draw been popular last few hours

Showers predicted most days If not all explains that
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »

If they go with 4 seamers, do they need to pick Duminy as a back-up spinner? if so, the chat was he'd bat 7, De Kock would open and they'd drop Van Zyl. All of those options would be positive for England imo.

Jimmy looked under-cooked last test, with better prep for this game he should be more on the money. Still like Finn's knack of taking wickets for that kind of market, his test strike-rate is sick.

See of blue on oddschecker for the draw, still outsider of the 3 though
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2016, 10:06:32 PM »

Is the draw still always way too short like it was for years in Test matches wherever it was played just because of the asian market dominating the price or does that not exist anymore?  I barely follow the cricket markets at all nowadays so i might be talking total rubbish.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:13:18 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »

Is the draw still always way too short like it was for years in Test matches wherever it was played just because of the asian market dominating the price or does that not exist anymore?  I barely follow the cricket markets at all nowadays so i might be talking total rubbish.

don't know about that but the draw is usually too short these days because the game is changing

faster scoring rates, one day techniques into batting, more play because of better drainage, better covers, regulations allow you to make up time, play under floodlights etc etc

eg 1 of the last 10 tests at joburg (pace, bounce) has been a draw

two years ago india set sa 470 and sa were 10 short of chasing it down at joburg. every other game has seen a result

mixed weather this time (assuming most of the voers are bowled, time is made up) will help make sportier conditions=more wickets

draw way too short here

My eyes are open wide
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2016, 10:19:33 PM »

What are these odds all about for over under runs?

Why are all the lines so low? What am I missing here?

https://m.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/#!event_details?id=221476406

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:26 PM »

don't know about that but the draw is usually too short these days because the game is changing

faster scoring rates, one day techniques into batting, more play because of better drainage, better covers, regulations allow you to make up time, play under floodlights etc etc

two years ago india set sa 470 and sa were 10 short of chasing it down at joburg. every other game has seen a result

mixed weather this time (assuming most of the voers are bowled, time is made up) will help make sportier conditions=more wickets

draw way too short here

There is a thread on the betty forum where they go through all the P/L if you'd backed/layed each eventuality for the past x number of years of test cricket. laying the draw would have made you significant money in the past few years apparently.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:57 PM »

top team score at the venue this year in first class cricket 316

over 90% of the wickets fallen to pace

good cricketing wicket, not 600 plays 600

My eyes are open wide
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

top team score at the venue this year in first class cricket 316

over 90% of the wickets fallen to pace

good cricketing wicket, not 600 plays 600

Cheers was about to unload the clip, was waiting for spin indexes to come up but seemed to good to be true hence why I asked

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2016, 12:45:19 AM »

If they go with 4 seamers, do they need to pick Duminy as a back-up spinner? if so, the chat was he'd bat 7, De Kock would open and they'd drop Van Zyl. All of those options would be positive for England imo.

Jimmy looked under-cooked last test, with better prep for this game he should be more on the money. Still like Finn's knack of taking wickets for that kind of market, his test strike-rate is sick.

See of blue on oddschecker for the draw, still outsider of the 3 though

Their whole lineup is all over at the minute, but I like the idea of Jimmy getting at De Kock with the new ball swinging about early doors, Van Zyl has not really looked the part yet.

If I were them, on this wicket, I would go Morkel, Abbott, Morris, and Rabada with Duminy to give them a bit of a break.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »

draw way too short here

There is a thread on the betty forum where they go through all the P/L if you'd backed/layed each eventuality for the past x number of years of test cricket. laying the draw would have made you significant money in the past few years apparently.

This is mainly historically because of the huge amount of mug cash in the illegal markets for the draw in asia (bf price is always right though!).  I hadn't considered the changing aspects of the game which probably make laying the draw nowadays even more value than it ever was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »

Dane Piedt left out by SA for 3rd T so Hardus Viljoen (296 1st-c wickets @ 25) could make debut. Duminy for Van Zyl with de Kock opening?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: