blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  £1m GTD Sky Poker UKPC: 24th-29th February 2016 at DTD
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £1m GTD Sky Poker UKPC: 24th-29th February 2016 at DTD  (Read 28353 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »

Can anybody do this?   Cheers

Hi Doobs,

As per Tighty's reply, yes, we can sort it, just let him or me know & we'll arrange it.

Cheers will sort when I get home. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »

Rob Yong

UKPC Saturday- 12pm & 4pm Day 1s {please read below}

I have just finished a meeting with Simon and the DTD Team regarding Saturday's UKPC schedule. They are faced with the following logistical problem:

400 + qualifiers have selected to play Saturday Day 1 which uses 45 tables out of the 50 available dealing 9 handed, because of the deep structure by the end of late reg only 10% of these players will have been eliminated, so the maximum players that can be seated during late reg is less than 100. We normally get 250-300 DBIs on the last Day 1 for UKPCs, so we need to deal to 650-700 tomorrow.

Simon and the DTD Team's answer to this problem is to cram the Club with 15 extra tables and deal the event 10 handed and extend late registration by 4 levels, which means that they would be able to seat up to 600 players and another 100 during late reg.

I have personally overruled everyone. I do not want any players (qualifiers or DBIs) queuing for hours, being cramped and being forced to enter into a premium event with < 50BBs. So I have instructed the following;

Day 1 12PM - all Sky qualifiers are in from the start and DTD qualifiers have first option to enter with no waiting. DBI players have the option to wait for seats in the 12pm Day 1 OR can enter the 4pm Flight and start with the same stack as the 12pm players which is much fairer. If any qualifiers wish to move to 4pm, please contact Nicola Veitch on Facebook.

Day 1 4PM - This will late reg till 8.40pm and finish at 3am, Day 2 starts Sunday 1pm, so players have a 10 hour turnaround.

* The 8-Max will now move to a 7pm start, 9 levels played which will finish at 1:40am for a 2pm Day 2 start on Sunday.

This is the first time we have offered a Saturday Day 1 so we now know that 90% of qualifiers will choose Saturday going forward and can plan accordingly, I would rather the DTD Team work harder tomorrow so the place isn't chaos and uncomfortable for players - yes we have a big club - but 65 tables with no marquee is way too much to deal a premium event at the club, and 10 handed is not a product that we should be offering, buying in at < 50BB because there are not seats avaliable not acceptable.

Can I ask every player that knows me to do me a favour if they can and choose to play the 4pm flight, can I also ask players who are re-entering from previous flights to choose the 4pm flight, there are times when I need the players to help me out, if we all work together we will have a comfortable day for the players and the staff. Anyone that lives 2-3 hours away can now start off a bit later - 450 at 12pm and 250 at 4pm flight will be a smooth day for everyone.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2016, 10:44:03 PM »

seems very sensible - a lie in it is then ;-)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2016, 02:34:08 AM »

Can anybody do this?   Cheers

Hi Doobs,

As per Tighty's reply, yes, we can sort it, just let him or me know & we'll arrange it.

Cheers will sort when I get home. 

no need now, thanks anyway.  thin

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tteeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »

Hi,

Please can you confirm the 8 max structure is exact same as main event so if there are now 9 levels played today day 2 will start on 500/1000 blinds

Thanks

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »

Hi,

Please can you confirm the 8 max structure is exact same as main event so if there are now 9 levels played today day 2 will start on 500/1000 blinds

Thanks

Yes 7pm start playing 9 levels

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tteeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2016, 01:21:37 PM »

Thank you
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »