blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Leaving Vegas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaving Vegas  (Read 2193 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:17:42 PM »

Hi people

Can someone help me out, whats the best way to get more then $10k back into the UK?
Do I just declare it and show them the break down And tax forms?

Ps yes it's a brag post to before anyone asked, also I'm in Vegas till Saturday if anyone needs some
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:25:36 PM »

Yep with the forms you're all set, definitely definitely a terrible idea to not declare it.

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »

Yep with the forms you're all set, definitely definitely a terrible idea to not declare it.

So it's just the case of declaring it and showing the forms?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »

Yep sometimes they make a call to the cage but its all standard and above board, usually about 10 minutes of standing around while they count it

From the US tax code:

There is no limit on the total amount of monetary instruments that may be brought into or taken out of the United States, nor is it illegal to do so. However, if you transport or cause to be transported (including by mail or other means), more than $10,000 in monetary instruments on any occasion into or out of the United States, or if you receive more than that amount, you must file a report (Customs Form 4790) with U.S. Customs. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties, including seizure of the currency or monetary instruments. Monetary instruments include U.S. or foreign coin, currency, travelers checks, money orders, and negotiable instruments or investment securities in bearer form.”

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

Yep sometimes they make a call to the cage but its all standard and above board, usually about 10 minutes of standing around while they count it

From the US tax code:

There is no limit on the total amount of monetary instruments that may be brought into or taken out of the United States, nor is it illegal to do so. However, if you transport or cause to be transported (including by mail or other means), more than $10,000 in monetary instruments on any occasion into or out of the United States, or if you receive more than that amount, you must file a report (Customs Form 4790) with U.S. Customs. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties, including seizure of the currency or monetary instruments. Monetary instruments include U.S. or foreign coin, currency, travelers checks, money orders, and negotiable instruments or investment securities in bearer form.”

Thanks
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 12:59:11 AM »

declare it at the other end as well
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

I've done it a couple of times never had a problem in USA or heard any more about it
I've never declared in to the uk
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »

I'm after £3 k for end of Jan
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »

I've done it a couple of times never had a problem in USA or heard any more about it
I've never declared in to the uk

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

You could face a penalty of up to £5,000 if you don’t declare your cash or give incorrect information.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: