blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:43:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Documentaries
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 1615 times)
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:42:29 PM »

Okay - so we have a thread to share films and series of which I lurk at every so often.

With me being a huge Documentary watcher, felt like we needed one where we can post and recommend these. So, if we include the name of the documentary, a quick review and rating out of 10. I'll start;

Troy Kell prison Documentary - Follows the story of a man who went to Jail when he was 18 for a random murder, and how it involved another Woman who is also in prison as his accomplice. Mainly footage from around the 90s including riots in the prison etc. Touches on some reformed characters serving life as well. 7/10

Soaked in Bleach - The investigation of Kurt Cobain's death, told by a private investigator who worked for Courtney Love. I have always thought it was a cert suicide, but this raises some serious questions and I am now fairly convinced it was a murder. The PI taped all of his phone calls with CL and meticulously documented all of her lies and deceptions. The police totally fucked up and the case should definitely be re-opened. 7.5/10

Man on the Wire - In preparation for the up coming dramatised film, watched the documentary that details a high wire walker walking between the twin towers in 1974. An excellent watch, good pace and I liked the way the back story chronology is mixed with the chronology of the event. Phillippe Petit's enthusiasm is genuinely infectious. The bloke is clearly a nutter who simply lives for the moment. 8/10

All This Mayhem - The rise and fall of brothers Tas and Ben Pappas', two Australian's that were ranked 1&2 skater's in world before going into self destruct mode. 9/10
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »

Hi Daniel

would be very helpful if you and others when they post could put up where we can view these. are they on currently or on catch up? dvd? etc etc

ty

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »

There is a documentary with Trevor McDonald about Vegas on Monday 7th Dec on ITV. I enjoyed two other documentaries by him, Inside death row and the mafia one.

NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:20:32 PM »

Hi Daniel

would be very helpful if you and others when they post could put up where we can view these. are they on currently or on catch up? dvd? etc etc

ty

Wasn't sure if we could include, thanks for clearing it up!

Troy Kell - Youtube
Soaked in Bleach - DVD (although I viewed this online)
Man on the Wire - Netflix
All this Mayhem - Netflix
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »

I started a thread a while ago (not to derail this one, just to share the ones we have already discussed for ya)

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66046.0
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:37:36 PM »

Cartel Land up on the BBC iplayer is about 2 vigilantes, one an American who should have just been left out imo and a charismatic Mexican Doctor who goes around persuading ordinary citizens to rise up and fight against the drugs cartels. Both interesting and depressing, the level of corruption and lawlessness in Mexico is incredible. Worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06q7csp/storyville-20152016-9-cartel-land
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:49:54 PM »

Life In A Day.

A unique look at what 24 hours can mean to people on planet earth in the 21st century. Very humbling watch and highly recommended. The whole shabang (about 90 mins) is on Youtube.

Enjoy.

Best Bitter.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »

I started a thread a while ago (not to derail this one, just to share the ones we have already discussed for ya)

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66046.0

Thanks Dave, didn't realise there was a thread already, only bothered scrolling down the first page. Thought it would have been quite a hot topic!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: