blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Freeze- kinda helpless...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Freeze- kinda helpless...  (Read 8953 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »

£250 full ring side event.

Have arrived little late at the beginning of level 2 and joined what looks like the best table in the room. 2 very poor players seated. 10k starting, 50/100 blinds, 30 minute clock.

Very good player opens utg to 300, i flat QQ utg+1, called by both the poor players in mp/btn, SB unknown 40 year old smartly dressed chap makes it 2.5k from 25k stack (has been arguing with someone on the table). Utg passes somewhat reluctantly, action?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:42:59 PM »

£250 full ring side event.

Have arrived little late at the beginning of level 2 and joined what looks like the best table in the room. 2 very poor players seated. 10k starting, 50/100 blinds, 30 minute clock.

Very good player opens utg to 300, i flat QQ utg+1, called by both the poor players in mp/btn, SB unknown 40 year old smartly dressed chap makes it 2.5k from 25k stack (has been arguing with someone on the table). Utg passes somewhat reluctantly, action?

Interesting spot PB - do you wanna flip now or later izzit ? Based on the arguing and UTG fold I'm all in I think

sola virtus nobilitat
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »

Im just assuming that utg will be a little wider than norm because of how soft the table draw is. could SB be aware and 3bing all pairs trying to clean up equity? tough spot really without knowing how previous sized 3bets have played out. I'm gonna say utg's reluctant fold persuades me he has Ax and makes KK look much more viable for villain. I dont know what to do. In game i'd prolly fold it just not enough info? what's SB stack? he could have been owned by 3bing small earlier with a big hand and has now gone loltard sizing with AA KK?

To win at poker is to not have to play
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

If the table is as poor as you suggest, why take the risk so early?

You can outplay them for the rest of the day without risking much of your stack.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:37:07 PM »

loltard sizing with AA KK?

that's the first thing I thought
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:43:28 PM »

im all in. queens innit..

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »

I didn't see he had 25k I think that anyone who's made that much in 30min from 10k starting and 3b that size would be more weighted to a AA KK, its too thin to say queens init

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:46:01 PM »

What happened here is you arrived late and missed all the info you need in this hand.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 09:47:43 PM »

I didn't see he had 25k I think that anyone who's made that much in 30min from 10k starting and 3b that size would be more weighted to a AA KK, its too thin to say queens init

Funny how our minds work. I'd think the exact opposite.

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:24 PM »

What happened here is you arrived late and missed all the info you need in this hand.

For me it's this; but I've seen bets of this size with small to medium pairs just as much as for Cowboys or dem Aces. Player dependent, ofc.

The reluctant fold from the good player is possibly coz you've flatted behind. The smartly dressed 40-year-old (player you don't know?) could easily have failed to note to potential strength of the initial raise & call, and be 3b'ing with a smaller pair or something like AK/J/T, as he certainly has a stack to make an overbet like this to steal the pot pre. So, there's a case for a ship OR a nit-fold.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »

Not out of choice, can only guess you don't do much driving around London between 4 and 8pm.

Point is pretty moot anyhow, in the 6max the day before i was luckily early and still got moved after 20 mins.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »

If the table is as poor as you suggest, why take the risk so early?

You can outplay them for the rest of the day without risking much of your stack.

Not poor, just softer than other tables i saw and the rest of the day and "outplaying" people is pretty hard to quantify.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:45:36 PM »

Funny how our minds work. I'd think the exact opposite.

That's the joy of teh game!
IMO I think villain would have gii bad and done a get there.
The reasoning behind is that you don't tend to see stacks crossing the line that early with what I assume we all call 'good play' coolers aside of course.

When the perceived good player villain opens and there are 3 calls, TWO from known bad players people do panic bet big with strong hands because they don't know what to do.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:49 AM »

shoving here always

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »