blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664626 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 08, 2016, 04:13:42 AM »

Not that it changes our life that much (unless The Don presses the red button lol), but does anyone actually want trump to win?

Ok I'll rephrase that, there will be people on here who do want trump to win, but is there anyone willing to admit that publicly? 

I'm not particulary fond of Clinton, she looks a really fake person whenever she's speaking and the smiles & waves are just as fake. I think I've began to like Trump, he does seem to want the best for USA, but is just too honest and often doesn't help himself. I could never ever vote for Clinton, but could see myself liking the trump train.

She looks fake, because she is pretty much, as are most career politicians, in my limited experience of seeing them. He's no better, and I think he was about 40% worse on the fact checking of both candidates during speeches/debates.

That said, she's not emotionally retarded, and in possession of a teenager's temperament. That is what I'd consider the biggest red flag for someone wanting to be running the most powerful nation on earth.

Pretty com that he has managed to get this far, or rather they both have, as they're terrible, terrible people, imo.

I get what you are saying, but are we really to believe that Trump is going to do what he actually says? He isn't going to build a wall, he isn't going to ban muslims, but instead when he gets away from the controversial stuff, his health & economic plans sound OK. I don't believe he's ever much closer to pressing the red button, just because of what he says. I think it's all about saying what people want to hear and behind all that there is a likely level headed person, after all he is a multi billionaire with a huge empire
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 08, 2016, 04:27:29 AM »

Not that it changes our life that much (unless The Don presses the red button lol), but does anyone actually want trump to win?

Ok I'll rephrase that, there will be people on here who do want trump to win, but is there anyone willing to admit that publicly? 

I'm not particulary fond of Clinton, she looks a really fake person whenever she's speaking and the smiles & waves are just as fake. I think I've began to like Trump, he does seem to want the best for USA, but is just too honest and often doesn't help himself. I could never ever vote for Clinton, but could see myself liking the trump train.

She looks fake, because she is pretty much, as are most career politicians, in my limited experience of seeing them. He's no better, and I think he was about 40% worse on the fact checking of both candidates during speeches/debates.

That said, she's not emotionally retarded, and in possession of a teenager's temperament. That is what I'd consider the biggest red flag for someone wanting to be running the most powerful nation on earth.

Pretty com that he has managed to get this far, or rather they both have, as they're terrible, terrible people, imo.

I get what you are saying, but are we really to believe that Trump is going to do what he actually says? He isn't going to build a wall, he isn't going to ban muslims, but instead when he gets away from the controversial stuff, his health & economic plans sound OK. I don't believe he's ever much closer to pressing the red button, just because of what he says. I think it's all about saying what people want to hear and behind all that there is a likely level headed person, after all he is a multi billionaire with a huge empire

No, because he wouldn't have a clue where to start, lol.

It's going to be tremendous. It's going to be great. It's going to be so amazing.

If you think he's  level headed, then you're either trolling, or you're on another planet Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 08, 2016, 05:10:36 AM »

Interesting stuff.

Krauthammer thinks Trump might be around as party leader, even if he loses.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 08, 2016, 07:56:17 AM »

My old folks want Trump to win.  Sigh.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »

I'm sure Krauthammer is right but, whether Trump continues or not, I think he has changed a couple of things that we will see again.

One is that the nativism he has displayed is likely to be taken up by others and continue to be a thorn in the Republican Party's side, with or without Trump.

The second is that his success will probably mean that his insulting approach will be copied - the USA isn't short of entitled blowhards. 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 08, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

Biff Tannen 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/06/time-to-decide-do-we-want-biff-tannen-or-mary-tyler-moore-in-the-white-house
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 08, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »

An early lead for Clinton - but quickly overtaken by Trump

The result is in from Dixville Notch and Clinton took an early lead. Only seven voters were registered (one of whom had voted in advance) and there was late drama with an on-the-day registration, which delayed things slightly. There were nine votes in the Primaries, but someone moved away.

With turnout having reached 100%, the polls were closed and counted:

Hillary Clinton 4
Donald Trump 2
Gary Johnson  1
Mitt Romney    1

Click to see full-size image.

The lead didn't last long though. NH rules allow electorates of less than 100 voters to open early and three remote areas get it out of the way at midnight. Hillary won Hart's Location 17-14, but Donald took Millsfield 16-4, putting him 32-25 ahead.

Can he hold on?
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 08, 2016, 01:38:03 PM »

LOL! Both of the candidates can "make like a tree and get out of here!" Iv always believed that most heads of state are just poster boys/girls controlled by a large committee pulling the strings anyway.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 08, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »

this is an interesting piece

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/07/who-is-to-blame-us-election-trump

going through and "naming and shaming" those responsible for Trump's rise

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 08, 2016, 02:04:46 PM »

The Yanks must be gutted they cant keep Obamha. What a pair of ***** they have to pick from.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 08, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »

https://www.sunbets.co.uk/sports/betting/Politics/competitions/US%20Politics

Trump wins and declares war on Mexico 1846/1
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 08, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 08, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »

Early indicators in North Carolina not good for Clinton.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/north-carolina-early-voting-2016/

I think Obama winning NC in 08 was an aberration. It had been Rep for a long time and even he didn't hold it last time. It is surprising that Clinton has led a lot of the polls here. Trump probably has to hold it to win - could be very close there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:37:33 PM by MintTrav » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: November 08, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »

My Electoral College guess is Clinton 313.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »

The beauty of the German language, explained in one newspaper's front page

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »