blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668993 times)
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #4155 on: October 01, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »

I am quite surprised Biden is as big as 1.65 on betfair.  I know a week is a long time in politics yada yada. but it feels less close than last time and last time Trump was a much bigger price. 

I know your memory plays tricks on you, but I thought Trump was about 5/1 when I backed him, and the polls were closer?  I accept it may have been a timing thing, but I am sure I backed Trump when the pollls were quite close, and am pretty sure I didn't do so when they were as much as 7% apart (current poll of polls on the BBC).  I am not sure there is an easy way of checking this as I don't keep records of each bet in that much detail for betfair (where I assume I made the bet, though can't even be sure of that).

I got on at ~9/2 last time around after his polling didn't drift more than a tick after the grab them by the pussy comment emerged. I've just looked it up and that was 4 years ago early next week.

OTBE Biden looks like free money and I don't see him getting any bigger. I need to grow a pair and get stuck in or stop having an opinion and turn off the news because it's all so appalling.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: October 01, 2020, 11:31:52 PM »

I spent some of my profits on my first Nandos since March 2nd, and very nice it was Smiley

Twitter does have its upsides, for sure

Lindsey Graham thinks he's Kevin Spacey from House of Cards but really he's Kevin Spacey from real life

Retweeted by Frank Kassela earlier Cheesy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »

The Donald has tested positive for Covid19 went to check see what that has done to betfair and they have suspended the market

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: October 02, 2020, 09:17:29 AM »

The Donald has tested positive for Covid19 went to check see what that has done to betfair and they have suspended the market

Fake news!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: October 02, 2020, 10:28:10 AM »

Guess they can't let it run with the increased likelihood of death of one, or both, the main horses.   Somebody could make a killing (sorry) with prior warning of a trip to intensive care.

Edit.  Just realised that Mike Pence has come in to 24/50.  I think he was about 600 a few days ago when I looked.  So people were already gambling on Trump's death prior to suspension.  I think the suspension is probably right in the circumstances.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:41:45 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: October 02, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »

An nteresting thing happened on twitter last night.

Rumours started that trump had tested positive, but there was no announcement.

One chap decided to inspect flight radar and found two red flags.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1311883569086623744

An E-6B mercury plane was spotted on the east coast over Washington, and minutes later another took off over the west coast. The chap posited that this was a sign that the official anounce was imminent. And he was right : the announcement came about an hour later.

The reason the planes were significant is chilling.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1311886165629235200

"It's the plane that has the ability to order the killing of everyone on earth if someone attacks the US with nukes in a first strike. It can talk to our missile subs under water even if DC is gone."

If someone can tell me how to embed tweets I'd be grateful lol
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:55:46 AM by teddybloat » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: October 02, 2020, 12:03:32 PM »

An nteresting thing happened on twitter last night.

Rumours started that trump had tested positive, but there was no announcement.

One chap decided to inspect flight radar and found two red flags.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1311883569086623744

An E-6B mercury plane was spotted on the east coast over Washington, and minutes later another took off over the west coast. The chap posited that this was a sign that the official anounce was imminent. And he was right : the announcement came about an hour later.

The reason the planes were significant is chilling.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1311886165629235200

"It's the plane that has the ability to order the killing of everyone on earth if someone attacks the US with nukes in a first strike. It can talk to our missile subs under water even if DC is gone."

If someone can tell me how to embed tweets I'd be grateful lol

That makes no sense, because Pence just takes over if Trump is incapacitated and why would they risk killing everyone on Earth just because Trump is ill.

Just seems like 2+2 = a gazillion. 

Nice timing on the big conspiracy theory, but people were speculating that Trump was positive for Covid from when Hope Hicks was positive. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: October 02, 2020, 12:22:28 PM »

I don't think he was theorising the us were going o kill everyone on earth lol.

The chap is just a sensible plane spotter who posited that he would expect those planes to be in the air in the event of the president being incapacitated.

"RT There's an E-6B Mercury off the east coast near DC.  I looked because I would expect them to pop up if he tests positive.  It's a message to the small group of adversaries  with SLBMs and ICBMs."

More of a war game signal to other nations
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: October 02, 2020, 12:36:19 PM »

I don't think he was theorising the us were going o kill everyone on earth lol.

The chap is just a sensible plane spotter who posited that he would expect those planes to be in the air in the event of the president being incapacitated.

"RT There's an E-6B Mercury off the east coast near DC.  I looked because I would expect them to pop up if he tests positive.  It's a message to the small group of adversaries  with SLBMs and ICBMs."

More of a war game signal to other nations

With our submarine deterrent, the aim is always to have one active at any one time.  So won't these things fly much of the time?   

For example I just googled it and here is one flying 18 hours ago https://www.radarbox.com/data/mode-s/AE0411.  So watching E6 activity isn't going to tell you much?

I don't use these radars normally, I am just am aware of them from threads on pprune (blame Tikay).

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: October 02, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »

There is more than one nuclear football to allow a nuclear retaliation - so it would have to be either related to another individual like Pence (in which case there's no need for a plane to take off unless it had one of these people on it); or it's talking about a Dead Hand system which would automate a nuclear retaliation in the event of the US being wiped out in the first strike.

The Soviet Union had this in the Cold War, it's a conspiracy theory to imagine that the US also had one then - it's the next level up to imagine they have one now.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: October 02, 2020, 02:00:57 PM »

Trump sent them up to coat the country in rona, obv.

If I'm getting it, so are they.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: October 02, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »

Market is back, Biden has shortened a touch. Though that is just following the trend since the debate.

I would consider myself to be very against conspiracy theories, but can’t help thinking that this might be the Trump campaigns last throw of the dice, hoping for some sympathy and “rally around the flag” effect.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: October 03, 2020, 01:18:32 AM »

Market is back, Biden has shortened a touch. Though that is just following the trend since the debate.

I would consider myself to be very against conspiracy theories, but can’t help thinking that this might be the Trump campaigns last throw of the dice, hoping for some sympathy and “rally around the flag” effect.

You're not the only one. Michael Moore made a long post on Facebook this morning along those lines, ie that it could be to generate sympathy at a time when negative stories are about to kick in. He also had some other theories:

“But most dangerously, HE MAY USE THIS TO PUSH FOR DELAYING/POSTPONING THE ELECTION. The constitution does not allow for this, but he doesn’t give a f*ck about the Constitution. He and his thug Attorney General Barr have no shame and will stop at nothing to stay in power. He may even use this as an excuse for losing.

Then there’s this: He may use his Covid as a pretext to drop out of the race and move Pence to the top of the ticket. Pence would temporarily become President, and then Pence could pre-emptively pardon Trump for all of his crimes.”

https://www.facebook.com/mmflint/posts/10157263999686857
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: October 03, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »

This by Associated Press has got to be one of the defining photographs of the age (and, as it happens "The Age")

Trump speaking at a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: October 03, 2020, 05:49:12 PM »

This Trump COVID saga is starting to feel like the Cummings driving to Durham. Timelines from his doctor don’t add up to what the public have been told, he has been ill for 72 hours. Then we have the chief of staff on video (but off the record) saying that Trump is a lot worse than his Doctor is saying.

You would think this would sink most election campaigns but with Trump does any of this matter as much.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: