blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 670729 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4365 on: November 04, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »

At no point in the night was Trump the favourite, as in more likely to win. Those bookies being quoted don’t know what they’re doing.

Biden is still a moderate favourite, as he has been throughout. Wisconsin should be in the bag soon and there are favourable signs in Penn.

It is Betfair leading the bookies not the other way round.  A bookie who didn't follow betfair here wouldn't know what they were doing not the other way round?  People like me would be just hoovering up free money.

Betfair/bookies whatever. I don’t really know how betting works but whoever has been setting those odds hasn’t a clue, so I agree there were easy opportunities for wins.

It is just a reflection of a really tight race in the swing states.  When it is so close that the result is going to come down to one or two states, a little bit of voting news can swing the market massively.

I think it is a bit much saying people don't have a clue, I thought 1.6 or so Biden was good value, you thought it was much more likely Biden would win.  We all get stuff wrong, but it doesn't mean we have no clue.

I didn't mean you, or anyone on here. I thought people were just reporting rates that had been available at certain points - hadn't processed that you had made a bet at that rate. I don't know what 1.6 means. If you're winning .6 for your 1, that might be about right. If you're winning 1.6 for your 1, fill your boots. I do know that rates I can see reported of 3.01 and 4.5 mean you'd get back multiples, which wouldn't have reflected any kind of reality, and make me wish I'd set up an account.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: November 04, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »

1.26 now.

I know eff all about politics and even less about Biden but this can only be a pleasing result.

Gonna be so dull when Donald leaves the stage

Anarchist!

It’s true though. He’s given us so much entertainment and so much to talk about. I read an article by a White House reporter from Bush Snr’s time who said she used to go there every morning and hang around hoping something would happen. Sometimes the highlight was George having a bad golf practice. Donald has given us crazy stories twenty times a day from Day 1 right through. In some ways I wish he’d win so it carries on.

I would agree with you if it didn't matter so much but I truly believe that the Trump presidency has already cost countless lives. Just imagine how callously arrogant he will be if he is "vindicated" and gets a second term. 

Of course you are right.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4367 on: November 04, 2020, 02:14:36 PM »

1.26 now.

I know eff all about politics and even less about Biden but this can only be a pleasing result.

Anarchist!

It’s true though. He’s given us so much entertainment and so much to talk about. I read an article by a White House reporter from Bush Snr’s time who said she used to go there every morning and hang around hoping something would happen. Sometimes the highlight was George having a bad golf practice. Donald has given us crazy stories twenty times a day from Day 1 right through. In some ways I wish he’d win so it carries on.

I would agree with you if it didn't matter so much but I truly believe that the Trump presidency has already cost countless lives. Just imagine how callously arrogant he will be if he is "vindicated" and gets a second term. 

Of course you are right.

Does he have any realistic chance of overturning a narrow Biden win in the Supreme court?

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: November 04, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »

1.26 now.

Anarchist!

Maybe Biden will do well on his own but not too much of a stretch to say the Obama/Biden ticket cost more lives than Trump if lives are an appropriate measure of success

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4369 on: November 04, 2020, 02:38:00 PM »

1.26 now.

Anarchist!

Maybe Biden will do well on his own but not too much of a stretch to say the Obama/Biden ticket cost more lives than Trump if lives are an appropriate measure of success

Really? Fancy educating me?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: November 04, 2020, 02:49:43 PM »

Syrians, Libyans, Iraqis are people too is all Mr Red

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »

This guy was on Rogan's live stream last night, and while Tim Dillon was more up my street, he's obv very smart.

Although he's left leaning, he hates them all, especially Biden Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »

If you weren't sure who you want to win, here's another good reason to hope it's not Trump.

Click to see full-size image.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: November 04, 2020, 04:08:06 PM »

That's a home run if ever there was one.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: November 04, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »

UPS is in breach of a district judge court order to ensure all ballots were delivered by the latest yesterday to the count locations

for example In South Florida, UPS failed to deliver 27% of mail ballots

Quite incredible and difficult to gauge what impact this might have had

In Florida, Michigan and Wisconsin, ballots that arrive after Election Day not counted, regardless when post-marked

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4375 on: November 04, 2020, 04:21:46 PM »

That's a home run if ever there was one.

It probably is but I know what Trump did wrong, and I believe both he and I know what he should have done.

I'm not sure that the same is true of Obama.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: November 04, 2020, 05:17:44 PM »

Bernie prob hoovering up on Betfair after telling us all last week Cheesy

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »

If you weren't sure who you want to win, here's another good reason to hope it's not Trump.

Click to see full-size image.

Probably greened up at one point short on the machine and invested it all in bleach. Or not, as nobody's ever mentioned it as a posible cure.

Almost half a billion was matched on Betfair, a good chunk of it by folk with far better knowledge than anyone on here. Dipping in and saying the entire market was wrong is a bit... aftertiming aftertiming

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: November 04, 2020, 07:16:33 PM »

UPS is in breach of a district judge court order to ensure all ballots were delivered by the latest yesterday to the count locations

for example In South Florida, UPS failed to deliver 27% of mail ballots

Quite incredible and difficult to gauge what impact this might have had

In Florida, Michigan and Wisconsin, ballots that arrive after Election Day not counted, regardless when post-marked

It's actually the USPS, not UPS, where Trump employed one of his cronies, Louis DeJoy, as Postmaster General.

It might not impact the final result, but it's an outrageous attempt at voter suppression.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4379 on: November 04, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »

Rudy Giuliani though...

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: