blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Nearly 10 years on Blonde
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nearly 10 years on Blonde  (Read 1833 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »

Although I don't post here as often as I once did, I still spend a chunk of time reading other people's posts each month.  After searching for an old thread earlier today, I realised it will soon be 10 years since I registered on the blonde forum.

I began playing online in Novemeber 2005 a few months before joining blonde. Back then I had big dreams of replacing JohnnyBax as the number 1 ranked player in the world or one day reaching the biggest games available and battling it out at $10/20 NL with H@££InGoll on Stars or Clubber on Tribecca. I never got close to any of these goals.

Over the years many superstars have come and gone at the online tables. Guys like  Nebuchad crushed then retired. Chad Battista was another. Even on Blonde most of the names from 10 years ago have either disappeared or no longer post. The game is also controlled more by tracking software than it was in 2005.

Blonde has been a part of my poker journey and I have spent literally hours reading posts on this forum. My passion also vanished for playing poker for a few years, however it is back stronger than it ever was. By 2025 perhaps I will achieve my goal of playing the big games. By then the kids playing  will be 18, have cybernetic implants in their brains and the lowest stakes available will be $200/400 and be listed under the microstakes tab. Victor Bloom will be the owner of Poker stars.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:44:44 PM by Sark79 » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:31:26 PM »

Although I don't post here as often as I once did, I still spend a chunk of time reading other people's posts each month.  After searching for an old thread earlier today, I realised it will soon be 10 years since I registered on the blonde forum.

I began playing online in Novemeber 2005 a few months before joining blonde. Back then I had big dreams of replacing JohnnyBax as the number 1 ranked player in the world or one day reaching the biggest games available and battling it out at $10/20 NL with H@££InGoll on Stars or Clubber on Tribecca. I never got close to any of these goals.

Over the years many superstars have come and gone at the online tables. Guys like  Nebuchad crushed then retired. Chad Battista was another. Even on Blonde most of the names from 10 years ago have either disappeared or no longer post. The game is also controlled more by tracking software than it was in 2005.

Blonde has been a part of my poker journey and I have spent literally hours reading posts on this forum. My passion also vanished for playing poker for a few years, however it is back stronger than it ever was. By 2025 perhaps iI will achieve my goal of playing the big games. By then the kids playing  will be 18, have cybernetic implants in their brains and the lowest stakes available will be $200/400 and be listed under the microstates tab. Victor Bloom will be the owner of Poker stars.

During those 10 years you have been one of my favourite posters. You can't conquer the poker world without blonde.

Post more.

Oh, and Happy new Year.

The older I get, the better I was.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »

Thanks Tom , you as well.  I hope everyone has a good New Years as well
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 10:00:32 PM »

Merry Xmas Sark thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »

Merry Xmas Sark thumbs up

Same to you buddy,  have a nice New yr when it comes. 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 06:27:22 AM »

Please more plumbing stories

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:19 AM »

Ok let me rephrase that as you only did it once, unless you want to do it again just for blonde

More stories please

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »

Good to see you Sark.

I only learned 2 months ago that Sark is not in the Shetlands or Hebrides, it's sort of Channel Islands region. You should have told me.

HNY for 2016.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:49:52 PM »

Haha,  I retired from plumbing. I did help my friend do some electrics recently. It's probably something I wont try again as I normally have difficulty even putting on a plug.

I actually know a family who stayed in Sark for over a year back in the late 90's. Back then the Island didn't allow cars. I am not sure if that's still the case.  I think it would be great staying on an Island with around 500 people and no cars . I suspect the broadband isn't very good there.   Best wishes to you are well Tikay

I just looked at Sark on Wikipedia . The island doesn't even allow any mechanical ambulances "The Sark Ambulance Service operates two tractor-drawn ambulances"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:55:54 PM by Sark79 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: