blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  ITV set to replace Channel 4 as racing broadcaster
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ITV set to replace Channel 4 as racing broadcaster  (Read 2399 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »

ITV set to take over coverage of racing from Channel 4, which has suffered from falling viewing figures, on a four-year deal worth £30m

ITV set to replace Channel 4 as racing broadcaster http://bit.ly/1OpfQyc 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:14:38 AM »

ITV’s main channel will screen at least 34 fixtures a year under its new deal, which runs from 2017-2020

the rest on ITV4

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »

Racing lover John Inverdale also now has close links to ITV and could be used

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:03:26 AM »

*head in hands man*

Allez!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »

Viewing figures are falling predominately because every punter can now watch every race they bet on on their mobile or tablet.  No matter what itv do they are not going to reverse the slump in viewing figures.  Amazes me all these TV exec's can't see the blindingly obvious staring them in the face.

As mobile app betting is booming it is blindingly obvious viewing figures for racing on old school media outlets will fall.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:16:35 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »

Viewing figures are falling predominately because every punter can now watch every race they bet on on their mobile or tablet.  No matter what itv do they are not going to reverse the slump in viewing figures.  Amazes me all these TV exec's can't see the blindingly obvious staring them in the face.

They should have at least ten races in two and a half hours of coverage, rather than six. Speaking to all the connections and trainers that give no information of any value adds nothing. A lot of the viewers aren't bothered about the human interest stuff, unless it is a really interesting story.

People watch sport for the action. Most won't care whether it's Ascot, Aintree or Ayr. They won't even care if it's Southwell or Wolverhampton.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »

arbboy is correct for something like 350 days of the year. There's only real commercial value on Grand National Day, the Cheltenham Festival and a small handful of other classics that get a slightly wider audience than the punters. I suspect that it was a 'buy the whole package or sod off' prop from the Racing Authority (sorry, I forget the formal name).

Meanwhile, Whilst IMO ITV have botched pretty much every live sports event they've handled, I'm prepared to 'wait & see'.

Fact is that the ads are unavoidable (as on ), so what matters is the commentary team, and what the producers feel that the Great British racing audience wants to see in between races. I'm hopeful that it won't be fashion, but I'm not so hopeful that there won't be a return for McCririck.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »

Let's just hope we never see cock wan on any racing show again.  Given the fact he works for itv already on this morning i won't be holding my breathe.

The bottom line is itv is only interested in the online gambling advertising revenue.  They have no remote interest in racing.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »

Viewing figures are falling predominately because every punter can now watch every race they bet on on their mobile or tablet.  No matter what itv do they are not going to reverse the slump in viewing figures.  Amazes me all these TV exec's can't see the blindingly obvious staring them in the face.

They should have at least ten races in two and a half hours of coverage, rather than six. Speaking to all the connections and trainers that give no information of any value adds nothing. A lot of the viewers aren't bothered about the human interest stuff, unless it is a really interesting story.

People watch sport for the action. Most won't care whether it's Ascot, Aintree or Ayr. They won't even care if it's Southwell or Wolverhampton.

Agree with this I always change channels I between races whereas I probably wouldn't if there as a race every 15 minutes

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »

Maybe "The ITV Seven" with Dickie Davies will make a comeback.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »

arbboy is correct for something like 350 days of the year. There's only real commercial value on Grand National Day, the Cheltenham Festival and a small handful of other classics that get a slightly wider audience than the punters. I suspect that it was a 'buy the whole package or sod off' prop from the Racing Authority (sorry, I forget the formal name).

Meanwhile, Whilst IMO ITV have botched pretty much every live sports event they've handled, I'm prepared to 'wait & see'.

Fact is that the ads are unavoidable (as on ), so what matters is the commentary team, and what the producers feel that the Great British racing audience wants to see in between races. I'm hopeful that it won't be fashion, but I'm not so hopeful that there won't be a return for McCririck.

The industry chatter is that the name in the frame is Matt Chapman.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »

The industry chatter is that the name in the frame is Matt Chapman.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I quite like him.

Doesn't seem to just toe the line, which others just do.

I've normally got several other things going when the racing is on, so won't matter too much, but looking forward to seeing what they do next year.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »

Chapman not anyone's cup of tea.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 01:43:14 PM »

i dont drink coffee but he would make me.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »

I have a grudging admiration for Chapman although at first I could not abide him.

He is excellent when conducting interviews, always seems to be on the ball and doesn't duck any issues; always seems to ask the correct and most searching questions.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: