blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Inside Starlizard
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inside Starlizard  (Read 9184 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »

A fascinating long read on Starlizard and Tony Bloom

http://uk.businessinsider.stfi.re/inside-story-star-lizard-tony-bloom-2016-2?sf=lxwdaz&utm_content=bufferca97a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »

I wonder if they need a Tea Boy. I'd be happy to work weekends.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:21:58 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Thanks for posting it, Rich.

Can't imagine any of the Glazers getting on the train and loading up on Stella Cheesy

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »

Quite annoyed that for 5 years I worked in Camden (and even drunk in that crappy Wetherspoons Starlizard sits atop) without knowing it existed - could have popped my CV under the door.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:03 AM »

Fantastic read that rich.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »

Yeah cheers for that rich, can we send Arrboy to be our mole?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »

What a great read that is.

Would love to know more. Who are the other side of his bets, who takes them?

Who pays for his "Consultancy Services"? Private individuals, or Bookies?

Isn't the world of gambling fascinating?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »

It was the bit where they said you needed £3bn of capital to make £100m, therefore £100m was unlikely, where they lost me.  Given their likely volumes, they are going to recycle the money they have several times a year.  I had a bit if déjà vu, has a similar article been posted before?  Interesting regardless, thanks for posting.

I have no idea how they get so much on.  The wage and cost bill must be several million, and to cover that must mean they get huge sums on every year. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 11:19:37 AM »

It was the bit where they said you needed £3bn of capital to make £100m, therefore £100m was unlikely, where they lost me.  Given their likely volumes, they are going to recycle the money they have several times a year.  I had a bit if déjà vu, has a similar article been posted before?  Interesting regardless, thanks for posting.

I have no idea how they get so much on.  The wage and cost bill must be several million, and to cover that must mean they get huge sums on every year.  

Yes, the article sort of missed the point there. It's like the punter who goes into Ladbrokes on a Saturday, or an Online slots site, his initial £10 can go back & forth countless times & become x £hundreds of turnover.

Very interesting article, nonetheless.

Wonder of there are spies in the two camps (Bloom/Benham) who tell the other what is going off?

I never realised Bloom & Benham did not get along.

Fair play to them both, if they can earn so much.  

I'm still curious how, & with whom, a 7 figure bet can be placed. I know it's all Far East Stuff, Asian Handicaps & the like, but WHO exactly takes these bets?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »

It was the bit where they said you needed £3bn of capital to make £100m, therefore £100m was unlikely, where they lost me.  Given their likely volumes, they are going to recycle the money they have several times a year.  I had a bit if déjà vu, has a similar article been posted before?  Interesting regardless, thanks for posting.

I have no idea how they get so much on.  The wage and cost bill must be several million, and to cover that must mean they get huge sums on every year.  

Yes, the article sort of missed the point there. It's like the punter who goes into Ladbrokes on a Saturday, or an Online slots site, his initial £10 can go back & forth countless times & become x £hundreds of turnover.

Wonder of there are spies in the two camps (Bloom/Benham) who tell the other what is going off?

I'm still curious how, & with whom, a 7 figure bet can be placed. I know it's all Far East Stuff, Asian Handicaps & the like, but WHO exactly takes these bets?

There is a large private betting market in Asia. There are a few large bet brokerage firms who deal in this sort of stuff. Samvo is probably the best known. I'm quite sure a few people on Blonde know more about this than me.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 11:47:08 AM »

There is a large private betting market in Asia. There are a few large bet brokerage firms who deal in this sort of stuff. Samvo is probably the best known. I'm quite sure a few people on Blonde know more about this than me.

Thanks Alun, I'd just be interested in opening up the debate.

PS - a PM (unrelated to this) will be landing in your inbox imminently, or sooner.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »

It was the bit where they said you needed £3bn of capital to make £100m, therefore £100m was unlikely, where they lost me.  Given their likely volumes, they are going to recycle the money they have several times a year.  I had a bit if déjà vu, has a similar article been posted before?  Interesting regardless, thanks for posting.

I have no idea how they get so much on.  The wage and cost bill must be several million, and to cover that must mean they get huge sums on every year. 

Ed Hawkins wrote something on them both a while back http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200795-mugs-and-millionaires-inside-the-murky-world-of-professional-football-gambling

Wage bill was £7.8m in 2014. You can just look up the accounts on Companies House. Not sure why this writer didn't. Maybe he did. You can see all the companies he's involved with here https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Q_ADm7H9pnKODGCzK1SOUE7PJbI/appointments

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »

Quite annoyed that for 5 years I worked in Camden (and even drunk in that crappy Wetherspoons Starlizard sits atop) without knowing it existed - could have popped my CV under the door.

Is odd that Playtech are just around the corner too. A real gambling powerhouse that tiny bit of Camden.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »

Is odd that Playtech are just around the corner too. A real gambling powerhouse that tiny bit of Camden.

I had not previously known that Tony was involved in dear old Tribeca, either.

Lots of pies with his fingers in them, it seems.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »

I had not previously known that Tony was involved in dear old Tribeca, either.

Lots of pies with his fingers in them, it seems.

No me either. Nor St Enodoc. Guess he must have been a silent early stage investor in both as he certainly was never involved publicly in either.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: