blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Four slice toaster- a question.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four slice toaster- a question.  (Read 5534 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »

It occurred to me this morning that when I only put in two slices, I always use the LH two slots. Is this the accepted procedure or should I alternate so I don't wear out the LH side from over use?

Cymru am byth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »

I usually use the same slot when only toasting 2 slices for the simple reason if I place one in each slot at the time of ejection they clear the toaster and end up on the floor or side. When in the same slot they just bobble about it.

Ah! The element of surprise
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »

I usually use the same slot when only toasting 2 slices for the simple reason if I place one in each slot at the time of ejection they clear the toaster and end up on the floor or side. When in the same slot they just bobble about it.
The ejection rate is,of course, the reason loading one spring but  should I be alternating which spring I load when only toasting two slices?

Cymru am byth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 11:56:50 AM »

The ejection rate is,of course, the reason loading one spring but  should I be alternating which spring I load when only toasting two slices?

As long as the stresses are below the yield limit I don't suppose it really matters, I would guess creep and fatigue would be the predominant causes of spring failure.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:59:16 AM by bobAlike » Logged

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »

Shit like this never even occurs to me 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »

It occurred to me this morning that when I only put in two slices, I always use the LH two slots. Is this the accepted procedure or should I alternate so I don't wear out the LH side from over use?

We've never had a four slice toaster. Do all the slots heat up even if you're only using two?

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »

We've never had a four slice toaster. Do all the slots heat up even if you're only using two?

on most toasters yes.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

Not on mine. LH plunger operates two left slots, RH plunger operates two right slots.

Cymru am byth
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »

Shit like this never even occurs to me 
Some people think about ways of solving world hunger,famine and social injustices. Me, I think of this.

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »

on most toasters yes.

See, that would tilt my tits off. It would be so easy to add a switch, or make it so only the slots that are depressed came on.

If I needed a four slice toaster, I would buy two two slice toasters.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »

Not on mine. LH plunger operates two left slots, RH plunger operates two right slots.

Sanity prevails.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »

Sanity prevails.

Sanity shmanity

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 06:32:19 PM »

Maybe I should get one of these new-fangled four-slice toasters. When I have beans on toast, I always have three slices of toast, as that is what seems to fit naturally with a tin of beans. After I have toasted two slices, I am confronted with the dilemma of whether to toast another immediately or to get on and start eating and toast another one when I am getting near the end of the first two, with the obvious downsides of both options. A four-slice toster would resolve all these problems. However, I estimate that my existing toaster has 17 years life remaining. I need to consider this further.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 06:37:12 PM »

Maybe I should get one of these new-fangled four-slice toasters. When I have beans on toast, I always have three slices of toast, as that is what seems to fit naturally with a tin of beans. After I have toasted two slices, I am confronted with the dilemma of whether to toast another immediately or to get on and start eating and toast another one when I am getting near the end of the first two, with the obvious downsides of both options. A four-slice toster would resolve all these problems. However, I estimate that my existing toaster has 17 years life remaining. I need to consider this further.

Haha, I always have 3 slices with a tin of Sausage & Beans, and used to have the same problem with the old toaster.

Got a four slicer now, and it's ideal when prepping the old faithful snacks.

Can confirm it's 2 buttons, too Grin

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »

Toast a single first and eat while the other two are toasting. Problem solved.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: