blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Quite fml spot live £1-2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quite fml spot live £1-2  (Read 3757 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2016, 12:39:27 AM »

History: I'm at the Hippodrome in Leicester Sq. Villain has been at my table for about half an hour. Early 30's ish, he arrived from another table with a big stack and is clearly familiar with some of the players and the waitresses. Has played almost no hands so far. Imo, your typical London nit reg.

Has been on his phone/talking to people so idk how he'd perceive me. I've been pretty solid so far though i guess.

He has ~£1600 I have about £900.

2 people limp I make it £15 in MP with  . A reg calls SB, villain calls quickly in BB, 1 limper calls.

Flop  checks through.

Turn  he bets £35, folds to me I call.

River  He checks. I bet £100. He tanks for a good few minutes....then makes it £350.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:48:14 AM »

gotta just look him in the eyes and see if he's bluffing or not unfortunately.

likely he isn't.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

i'd wager this 1600 didn't go in the pot at any point.

I'd fold.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »

I readily defer to the 3 posters' better understanding of the cash game, so I ask this question purely to understand better the thought processes involved here:

Which hands is the villain check/raising the river with? Surely he wouldn't risk a check behind if he had AdXd or KdXd?

His bet on ott is just over half-pot, and feels like either a 'range-finder' or a pot-builder. But then he checks the river when the FD gets there.... I'm probs just a poor cash player, but I admit I'd struggle to find a fold here.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »

gotta just look him in the eyes and see if he's bluffing or not unfortunately.

likely he isn't.

Essentially this for me.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:23:05 AM »

I eventually found the fold. I barely play anymore though so was unsure whether people have read Pleno's blog and turn everything into bluffs on rivers now. Sadly i'll never know...but after playing with him a little longer i'm happy with my decision.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:04:13 AM »

I eventually found the fold. I barely play anymore though so was unsure whether people have read Pleno's blog and turn everything into bluffs on rivers now. Sadly i'll never know...but after playing with him a little longer i'm happy with my decision.

how many times did the 1600 go in the middle?

think if we have nut flush and he does a big c/r it's prob still a fold ainec.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 01:08:30 PM »

What do you mean? He arrived with the 1600 from another table if that's what you're asking?

p.s. BEANEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »

What do you mean? He arrived with the 1600 from another table if that's what you're asking?

I mean how often did you see him ripping it in and putting people in tough spots.

These 'nit regs' who sit super deep generally never put the money actually in the pot unless in nut vs 2nd nut situations. So to expect him to just be x/r bluffing with blockers due to his many hours of GTO c/r river bluff frequency simulations I think is a massive stretch.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 12:23:57 AM »

I mean how often did you see him ripping it in and putting people in tough spots.

These 'nit regs' who sit super deep generally never put the money actually in the pot unless in nut vs 2nd nut situations. So to expect him to just be x/r bluffing with blockers due to his many hours of GTO c/r river bluff frequency simulations I think is a massive stretch.

Yeah never, he'd barely done anything of note so far. You can spot £1-2 regs quite easily in London imo and they tend all play very similarly. Paying them off unnecessarily is one of my biggest annoyances!

One thing is that the max at Hippo is £400 so he was likely up chunks at this point. This would perhaps make him more inclined to pull the trigger. But really I agree this is just never a call without further info.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »

Yeah never, he'd barely done anything of note so far. You can spot £1-2 regs quite easily in London imo and they tend all play very similarly. Paying them off unnecessarily is one of my biggest annoyances!

One thing is that the max at Hippo is £400 so he was likely up chunks at this point. This would perhaps make him more inclined to pull the trigger. But really I agree this is just never a call without further info.

the max is interesting, you should have mentioned that before, as that at least says the moneys been in at some point.  the guys who play like 1/2  1/3  and sit with 2k+ literally never put more than £25 in!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »

Yh beanies right I call it the flag syndrome in vegas when you see a guy sat there with 1k in small chips and 1 5k sat on top of them you know that this 5k is not for playing with. Only there in case someone weak drastically overplays something or for a huge cooler.

Anyone who sits down and gets His 5k changed into 100s you know that guy has come to play :-)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: