blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Yes or No, the Euro 2016 squad
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes or No, the Euro 2016 squad  (Read 38878 times)
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »

I'm beginning to think the starting eleven is irrelevant - it's how he intends to use them. Roy has made a big thing of an attacking squad and loyalty to players he knows, yet he picks two forwards that are lethal in different ways and uses them out of position and purely to feed his love child Rooney. The rest of the squad is almost a mirror image of each other with some pretty one dimensional players in it, although I'm becoming a fan of Walker and Rose.The rest have as many weaknesses as strengths.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »

Just seen the Woy interview from last night.

Just WTF. I think Wenger is stubborn and blind to the truth. Woy is taking it to a new level.

We have a decent team and the weak link will be the manager if he persists.

What is wrong with these old guys thinking that just cos they have got lucky getting into well paid/kudos filled jobs, because a few things have gone right, that no one else could possibly have a decent viewpoint?

I probably wont be around for many more big tournies, and would love to see us win one while I can still enjoy it, but with this clown at the helm, it wont be this one.

PS, it grates, but Im a big Walker fan too...

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2016, 10:22:41 PM »

Just WTF. I think Wenger is stubborn and blind to the truth. Woy is taking it to a new level.

What is wrong with these old guys thinking that just cos they have got lucky getting into well paid/kudos filled jobs, because a few things have gone right, that no one else could possibly have a decent viewpoint?

I probably wont be around for many more big tournies, and would love to see us win one while I can still enjoy it, but with this clown at the helm, it wont be this one.

Since Roy trumpeted away that he had sent the England fans home with a "smile on their faces" after drawing nil nil with Costa Rica in the World Cup dead rubber I have been of the opinion that he is a complete imbecile.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »

Was at the game last night at Wembley.  First time i have ever left a football match at halftime in my life.  The first half was so dull (2nd half was even worse by all accounts so quite happy we got an early taxi to Palm beach to beat the rush!).   Also agree Wembley is far too corporately sterile as others have said.  Didn't feel like i was at a big England game.   Atmosphere wasn't there and when it was it seemed fake.  So many empty seats as well given the game was a sell out.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:29:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:34 PM »

Since Roy trumpeted away that he had sent the England fans home with a "smile on their faces" after drawing nil nil with Costa Rica in the World Cup dead rubber I have been of the opinion that he is a complete imbecile.

I've actually misquoted him after Costa Rica and it is worse.

He said:  "I was pleased to give the fans something to cheer about"  and "I couldn't have asked for a better performance"

I look forward to Hodgson's comments about how well he has done after a dour performance at the Euros. 
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »

Been the same for years old Woy. He's a mid-table downwards manager.
Was the same at Liverpool, talking about draws to shit teams being a good result.
England were fucking awful last night and will struggle to make it out the group at the Euros.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

Was at the game last night at Wembley.  First time i have ever left a football match at halftime in my life.  The first half was so dull.   Also agree Wembley is far too corporately sterile as others have said.  Didn't feel like i was a big England game.   Atmosphere wasn't there and when it was it seemed fake.  So many empty seats as well given the game was a sell out. 

I thought similarly for the Netherlands game, which was my first experience of an England football game. There are no songs apart from the national anthem and the Great Escape.

Go during the NFL games, though, and the atmosphere is fantastic. I bet the Sheffield Wednesday fans would tell you they got a decent atmosphere going last week, too.

I think there is some shared responsibility: players, FA and fans.

I really hope the FA looks at what the NFL does and thinks about how to get 80,000 people noisy for sustained periods in what is a spacious and comfortable stadium.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: