blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bad Turn Decision?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad Turn Decision?  (Read 2304 times)
LovesADraw

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2016, 10:40:07 PM »

Hi people, opinions on this turn move?

Im holding  :  : SB at a £1/£1 game with £200 in front. The game is playing very loose with 4/8 seats being filled with four friends all at the wrong end of a big drinking session.

UTG (one of the drinkers) raises to £5
Folds to Hero, we call. BB folds

:  :  :

Hero checks, UTG bets 15. As i say this has been a loose game and Cbets are standard so we're not going away right now. Hero calls

:

Hero checks again, UTG bets £20, I go in to auto-pilot and put him all in for his remaining £90 and he folds after saying its obv I have the flush (ooops missed value...)

I wish I could give some explanation for the turn shove but I don't have it... Is there ever any value to this turn move or have I effectively just turned my set in to a bluff?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »

Nah jamming seems perfectly fine mate. Given stack sizes if you raised to £50 or something you'd only look even stronger, this way people can feasibly think you might have a big draw or are trying to protect a 1 pair hand instead. Plus nobody folds in live poker so yeah stick it in Smiley

LovesADraw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I think after the hand I though that I might have been and 'only getting called by better' situation...
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »

I like the turn jam, agree with muckthenuts. also there are some pretty bad rivers for us if we just flat too, so more than happy getting it in

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »

How about leading turn instead of check raising?
LovesADraw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »

How about leading turn instead of check raising?

Have to be honest I didn't even consider leading the turn... The way that he was playing he would have made the same move if he had turned the flush so I might have robbed myself of some information...

Only issue i might have with leading the turn is that these sort of players will just see the turned flush and assume you have it so might fold the a hand that that think are worth a bet if checked to them... bit results orientated but ya'know...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: