blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  James Taylor forced to retire aged 26.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: James Taylor forced to retire aged 26.  (Read 3398 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36024253

Gutting this, retiring because of the same issue Fabrice Muamba had. He could have been a mainstay of the Test team. Just about worked his way into the setup and was playing well.

Thankfully they caught the condition before something serious happened.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »

gutted when I saw the headline "taylor forced into early retirement" in the early papers and got slowrolled into thinking it was Steven.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 08:48:39 PM »

Very sadden by this. I have seen Taylor play more than most as a member of Nottinghamshire and he very much deserved to make it into the England team in the last year.  He was in particular a fantastic one day player and had the ability to work the ball for runs when so many others couldn't.

Hopefully an early detection has saved his life, but it seems cruel at such a young age to be forced to retire not having fulfilled his potential at the top level.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

a real shame, proper player

best to save a life than save a career i suppose

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 01:07:22 PM »

It is both saddening and uplifting in that the discovery has potentially saved his life but has taken a man from our test side that I felt was growing into the role.

As sad as it is, it does pose a question.

Who should his test place go to? Will Bairstow be played as a batsman to accommodate Buttler back into the team? Will England return to previous selections (Bell? Ballance? Lyth?). Or will some young batsman like Hain be given on opportunity?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »

Cook
Hales
Compton
Root
vince? bell? ballance?
Stokes
Bairstow w (buttler at the ipl)
Ali
Broad
Anderson
Finn

to kick us off

major questions..opening bat (still), number 3

the likes  bell-drummond,browne, westley, abell, hain, malan etc on the shortlist to be introduced in due course depending when they are deemed to be ready

same for ansari, curran t and s, ball etc in the bowling attack

billings and foakes as keepers for the future

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 03:02:23 PM »

Probably a chance to give someone new or two a go with 'relatively' easy home series against SA and Pakistan. This goes for bowlers and batsmen.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

Probably a chance to give someone new or two a go with 'relatively' easy home series against SA and Pakistan. This goes for bowlers and batsmen.

SL yeh? SA would be a harsh baptism! If you wanted to blood a batsman Sri Lanka at home would be just about the most ideal chance. Not so sure against Aamir in particular, and Wahab later on in the summer. Bowling wise either series would be fine, both touring teams batting line-up's will struggle against the moving ball
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 04:32:17 PM »

SL yeh? SA would be a harsh baptism! If you wanted to blood a batsman Sri Lanka at home would be just about the most ideal chance. Not so sure against Aamir in particular, and Wahab later on in the summer. Bowling wise either series would be fine, both touring teams batting line-up's will struggle against the moving ball

Sorry yeah Sri Lanka not South Africa.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:20:44 PM »

Cook
Hales
Compton
Root
vince? bell? ballance?
Stokes
Bairstow w (buttler at the ipl)
Ali
Broad
Anderson
Finn

to kick us off

major questions..opening bat (still), number 3

the likes  bell-drummond,browne, westley, abell, hain, malan etc on the shortlist to be introduced in due course depending when they are deemed to be ready

same for ansari, curran t and s, ball etc in the bowling attack

billings and foakes as keepers for the future

I wouldn't fancy a top 5 with three of Cook, Compton and Ballance.

I've always liked Hildreth at Somerset but I feel his time has gone and we should put one of these promising young batsmen in. Perhaps Vince?

I think Bell would be a backward step but if he scores big runs between now and the selectors meeting it would be hard to ignore him.

A more ambitious option may be to play another all rounder and bat Bairstow at 5, with Stokes et al to follow.

It is a good time to be an England cricket fan, so much potential.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 10:01:28 PM »

I am fine with having Ballance along with Cook and Compton if he has got his technique sorted. He showed in 2014 that he can be fluent once he gets himself in.

I like Hildreth whether he is good enough for England I am not sure but would be willing to give him a go. Vince not in test cricket yet for me, if we are picking the best XI available Bell probably is in the team but I think England have moved on.

Really impressed by Jake Ball's improvement in the last 12 months, has added a yard of pace, can get bounce from a length and move the ball. I think both the Curran brothers are slam dunk picks for the future as bowling all rounders, very talented.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:29:46 AM »

Vince scores a ton yesterday in difficult circumstances against a decent Yorkshire attack.

I think he might get the nod personally.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: