blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 06:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272973 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "most annoying".......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "most annoying".......  (Read 18103 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 03:23:02 PM »

Andrew Castle is on his own as far as bad goes.

David "Bumble" Lloyd is my favourite good guy.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »

Rio Ferdinand is the biggest prick on television, closely followed by Michael Owen.....basically anyone on BT Sport.

Clarence Seedorf and Vincent Kompany are great when they do the odd punditry gig. Shock horror, they ain't thick as pig shit like most of them.

Best Bitter.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

Boxing

Halling and Watt are the worst commentary duo by a country mile. Utterly hopeless.
Johnny Nelson struggles badly when presenting on the flip side Paul Dempsey is different gravy and Ed Robinson is good also.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

Paul dempsey always be one of my favs back from the very early sky days.

Criminally underused since.

As for least these days it's Martin Tyler.  Sad to say as he was a great commentator.

These days he struggles to go 20 minutes without reminding everybody how sky are the greatest thing since sliced bread and seems to have forgotten that football started before they did.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »

Pretty much agree with all the comments so far.

Great (of the major sports i spend most of my time watching)

Souness and Neville - Football (Really love Fletch as an Anchor for soccer as well - would love to see him be the head anchor on sky sports football without Sav)
A Down and S Boyce - Racing
Hussain and Atherton - Cricket
Willie and Ebdon (great addition to bbc this year) - Snooker
John Part and late great Sid - Darts
Darryl Williams Erryl Blyth - Greyhounds
Marv Albert, Hubie Brown and Jeff Van Gundy - NBA (Can't split these three absolute pleasure to watch the NBA when these legends are on the mic)
JBL and Gorilla Monsoon - WWE
John Lloyd and John Mac - Tennis

Will come back with the worse of the following sports as that is tougher.  So many bad ones.

Worse

Michael Owen/Savage - Football
Emma Spencer and Tommo - Racing
Can't think of any bad cricket comm's from the major ones.  Think sky do a great job with cricket generally.
John Parrot (by a mile) and Dennis Taylor Snooker
Bristow (truely terrible) and Rod Harrington (he still after 20 years says the word 'seen' as 'sin' which tilts the fuck out of me and i have no idea why!) - Darts
Rachael Casey and Dani Jackson (blonde bimbo hills shop dog comm) - Greyhounds.  Both must have slept their way into these jobs because they are clueless beyond belief.  Ian Meek from Coral also has to get a solid mention here.  Just that the 2 birds are so bad he can't make the top 2.
Cant think of an average NBA comm on the US networks never mind a bad one.
Michael Cole/Jerry 'The King' Lawler - WWE
Andrew Castle (please bbc send him to claims direct adverts forever from your generally excellent tennis coverage) and the OMGGGGGGGGGG Tracey 'your voice is tilting beyond belief' Austin.

How come men never get accused of sleeping their way into jobs? 

Is poker a sport?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »

Top of my own best list would be

Chris Collingsworth NFL
Clive Everton Snooker
David Feherty Golf

Matt Chapman Racing, think that could be a bit marmite but if you want entertaining he is certainly that.
Lydia Hislop Racing
Danny Murphy, don't watch much soccer but like the way he chats as tho he is just chatting to the guy in front of him and not playing to the crowd.
Kendall poker, last time I saw him on TV he needed a bloody hair cut tho.

Dislike

Bruce Critchley golf, If you were hiring for the job now he wouldn't get within a mile of it imo

Graham Cunningham racing

John Grudan NFL Every week at least one player is the best in his position or going to be one of the best. In a game a few seasons ago he claimed that Case Keeenum could be the new Drew Brees because Keenum happened to be playing in the game his station were covering that evening when he was about the teams 3rd choice QB that season.

Mike Mayock NFL, could be the worst in my list if it wasn't for Hayley Turner racing, getting more gigs on ATR. her analysis of a race last week was 'I've seen this one run a few times when I've been in the studio and thought it ran quite well so he will be my selection in this race, what price did you say it was?'

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:30:07 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

Watching the IPL makes you realise just how good the Sky cricket coverage is - my personal fave is Mike Atherton.

I've been quite impressed with the snooker commentary this week (John 'Where's the cue ball going' Virgo excepted) - Ken Doherty and Willie Thorne are both very good.

Agree - but I do find the aussi/kiwi coms pretty endearing.

"AWWWW - he's smashed that over mid on and goes down the track to get some glove love from Smithy"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »

Top of my own best list would be

Chris Collingsworth NFL
Clive Everton Snooker
David Feherty Golf

Matt Chapman Racing, think that could be a bit marmite but if you want entertaining he is certainly that.
Lydia Hislop Racing
Danny Murphy, don't watch much soccer but like the way he chats as tho he is just chatting to the guy in front of him and not playing to the crowd.
Kendall poker, last time I saw him on TV he needed a bloody hair cut tho.

Dislike

Bruce Critchley golf, If you were hiring for the job now he wouldn't get within a mile of it imo

Graham Cunningham racing

John Grudan NFL Every week at least one player is the best in his position or going to be one of the best. In a game a few seasons ago he claimed that Case Keeenum could be the new Drew Brees because Keenum happened to be playing in the game his station were covering that evening when he was about the teams 3rd choice QB that season.

Mike Mayock NFL, could be the worst in my list if it wasn't for Hayley Turner racing, getting more gigs on ATR. her analysis of a race last week was 'I've seen this one run a few times when I've been in the studio and thought it ran quite well so he will be my selection in this race, what price did you say it was'

Turner has started beyond bad still early but think racing UK glad she chose atr at this stage.

Agree on cunningham if he was ice cream he would lick himself
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »

lol great line that John.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »

Overly flirty Turner do you think with certain presenters on ATR or just her natural self? 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »

Overly flirty Turner do you think with certain presenters on ATR or just her natural self? 

If she's flirting with Luke Harvey, safe to say it's her natural self.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

If she's flirting with Luke Harvey, safe to say it's her natural self.

I think she got the hots for Boycie tbh on ATR.  Older man crush.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 06:07:59 PM »

Mike Carlsen is quite comfortably my favourite analyst on any sport. Informative without being patronising and funny without being snarky.

Also like Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Richard Langley, Jermaine Jenas, Graeme Le Saux (apart from Langers I disliked all of those as players!).

Dislike would be too long to complete.

An interesting fact about Phil Simms: he scored the lowest in the Wonderlic in the history of testing QBs. His score suggested an IQ between 70 and 80. No wonder he's a useless analyst.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:09:41 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 06:13:49 PM »

Racing: love Hislop, Willoughby, Mellish, Cleary, Neesom, Hoiles, Cunningham, Machin

Dislike Naughton, Morrison and all on ATR except Cooper.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »

Mark lawrenson and anything female wittering on about horse racing!!

And who can forget Phil Neville at the last WC - shocking!!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: