blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Latest article on High Street bookies
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Latest article on High Street bookies  (Read 4730 times)
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:44 AM »

I did a settling course in Leicester for Coral back in '89 or '90. After the six weeks we were all put into shops.

I think I did one of the last batch of settling courses before they did away with them as the EPOS tills were on the horizon. Mine was only a week though!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 12:22:03 AM »

Very good and interesting read. As someone else as said, totally depressing as well.

Not directly related but I pciked up a new phone from carphone warehouse the other day and was tallking to the girl manager who had been subject to 2 armed robberies at the shop. I couldn't believe she was still working there but she said she now feels safer because of the lengthy time lock on the safe.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »

I did a settling course in Leicester for Coral back in '89 or '90. After the six weeks we were all put into shops.

I think I did one of the last batch of settling courses before they did away with them as the EPOS tills were on the horizon. Mine was only a week though!

Oops, yup, was only a week or two. Did a croupier course at Grosvenor that was six weeks.

Can't remember the guy's name who did the Coral training. Was very camp.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »

http://www.cityam.com/257288/ladbrokes-corals-shares-up-bad-run-results-fails-hamper

Sporting results shouldn't affect your business lolbrokes because without the FOBT's (which are not affected by sporting results) you don't have a business.  Amazing how they used the 'bad sporting results' line for years to defend the terribly run company.  Now similar bad sporting results appear but they have no affect on the results because the new management have turned the company around!   You have to laugh.  You and lolorals made £285m between you last year.  You have roughly 12000 FOBT's making a grand a week that's a gross figure of £625m.  Take off the 25% govt duty you are left with £468m.  Take the FOBT's out of your business and you have no business.  Simples.  In contrast 365 made over £450m after expenses last year without any fobt's.

You read these reports of their results and they don't mention one word about the only product keeping the firm alive.  Why talk about bad sporting results when bad FOBT results is the thing that would really ruin your business?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:32:22 AM by arbboy » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »

They are Fobting us off

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: